Part of the games charm is the flat Two-Dimensional world that you build on, expand, and explore... However, I've always wondered exactly what their 2D bases look like in the eyes of the Dupes. They can't simply be existing in a 2D plane.

I think it would be a really nice addition to the game to add a little seudo-3D look/environment upon zooming in to a certain/maximum level; similar to what happens in Fallout Shelter.

A small aesthetic that (excuse the pun) adds a lot of depth to the world of ONI.

2 hours ago, BlueLance said:

For all we know, their world could be 2D! DO NOT RUIN MY IMMERSION!!! But I think the wall is about 4 tiles away, given that a geyser is 4 tiles long and pretty even in shape I think we could assume it is 4 tiles in depth as well.

We may never know for sure... unless they added this! :p

So you want the devs to create whole new art and animations for every single dupe/creature/building/material/etc... (basically redo all the art) for something that adds 0 to gameplay and not everyone will be using, even then you won't be using it all the time and is just cuz you think it looks cool and want to see it when idling? 

Archived