Why I dislike the Forge

userr3

Hi guys, 

I haven't been posting here in a while but after playing a few games in the forge I need some place to let out some steam: I honestly don't think that the Forge is a good mod. Let me explain why:

System favours individual decisions instead of teamplay 

Ever been in the lobby and waited for the 5th and 6th person to choose a tank? Guess what, they both lock in Wendy and the game starts. Within the first 10 seconds someone disconnects and your whole time is wasted. Give us the option to tick a "ready-box" to offer more communication in the lobby.

It's not possible to kick someone or vote to surrender

That one guy refusing to communicate and destroying everyone else's fun should not be in the lobby I am in. There should be a system to make a vote kick. Same goes for surrender: I just had a game where a Wes kited 1 Gorilla around the whole map while everyone was dead for solid 15 minutes. There's is nothing you can do about it. If you leave the system punishes you (no exp) and if you stay you have to wait. How is this supposed to be fun?

Lobbies for higher ranked people only

Although I honestly like teaching people how to play games, it gets rather boring when I have to do it every single game. Everyone has to start somewhere, but can't we get an option to create lobbies for people of a certain level? I just don't want to play with a newbie. This is not as chilled as Don't Starve Together, it's pretty stressfull and I don't want to waste my time on losing because people don't know how to play.

I know I am quite salty, but I cannot be the only one. I caught myself raging in chat and getting mad. On average I am a very peaceful person and always try to be positive. There is something about The Forge that's getting me frustrated.

50 minutes ago, userr3 said:

System favours individual decisions instead of teamplay 

Ever been in the lobby and waited for the 5th and 6th person to choose a tank? Guess what, they both lock in Wendy and the game starts. Within the first 10 seconds someone disconnects and your whole time is wasted. Give us the option to tick a "ready-box" to offer more communication in the lobby.

This is a bit counterintuitive. The reason one person making a poor decision dooms the whole team is because it's a team game. In an individual setting a single person could carry the team, and someone messing up wouldn't impact the team.

51 minutes ago, userr3 said:

It's not possible to kick someone or vote to surrender

That one guy refusing to communicate and destroying everyone else's fun should not be in the lobby I am in. There should be a system to make a vote kick. Same goes for surrender: I just had a game where a Wes kited 1 Gorilla around the whole map while everyone was dead for solid 15 minutes. There's is nothing you can do about it. If you leave the system punishes you (no exp) and if you stay you have to wait. How is this supposed to be fun?

No comment on this one. Some system like this does need to be in place.

52 minutes ago, userr3 said:

Lobbies for higher ranked people only

Although I honestly like teaching people how to play games, it gets rather boring when I have to do it every single game. Everyone has to start somewhere, but can't we get an option to create lobbies for people of a certain level? I just don't want to play with a newbie. This is not as chilled as Don't Starve Together, it's pretty stressfull and I don't want to waste my time on losing because people don't know how to play.

Although there is no way to force this, if you manually search for a match with the "Browse" button you can find passworded servers. Basically this prevents anyone from accidentally auto joining a match labeled for higher people. You'll get the occasional low level trying to be dragged into a win, but I've rarely had this issue. 

just a few points:

1. As the poster above me said, the reason one person choosing wrong fails the team is BECAUSE it is a team game, so that means it is a system that favors team play. I agree a ready box would be nice 

2. no comment, agreed.

3. people already do that. search for passworded servers with passwords in the descriptions. Those people are aiming for a actual team coordinated game rather than the usual quick match chaos

Archived