heavy conductive wire only 20 kw?

The heavy conductive wire only carries 20 kw... Shouldn't it be more than regular wire?

´There seems too many wire types and too little visual difference.

Could you make signal wire bridges visually different.

Same for conductive versions of bridge and heavy plate.

Yea I have no idea wtf the heavy conductor wire is for.  It seems like it's exactly the same as a normal heavy watt wire. Anyway anything over 20 kW would be overdoing it don't you think? Maybe there's some secret use for it. We need a scientist.

4 hours ago, Daxterr said:

Yea I have no idea wtf the heavy conductor wire is for.  It seems like it's exactly the same as a normal heavy watt wire. Anyway anything over 20 kW would be overdoing it don't you think? Maybe there's some secret use for it. We need a scientist.

You say that but some things use 1200W on their own. and in bigger bases it makes sense. My total consumption is just under 8kw and thats withouth the big machines

Edit - Admittedly not everything is always on at the same time 

On 11/9/2017 at 7:33 AM, Mjello said:

If I switch everything on I am above 20 kw. 40 kw. would be logical. We will probably see much more power hungry machinery in the future.

I bug reported that the heavy conductive wire being 40 kw would be logical when the update came out and it was tagged 'known issue' by Klei, for what that's worth.

Heavy Conductive Wire vs. Heavi-Watt has a few minor differences, but I agree it'd be nice if it could carry twice the load.  However:

Heavi-Watt: -25 Décor at 6 tiles radius, best improvement: 10% (Copper/Gold Amalgam)

Heavy Conductive: -20 Decor at 4 tiles radius, best improvement: 50% (Gold)

So if you're running Heavi-Watt through a corridor, the best you can get is -22.5 Décor/square, or -292.5 Décor (13 squares).  Compare to best case Heavy Conductive, which is 9 squares at -10, for -90 décor.  Since décor spam for statues is +24 décor with granite you can run the Heavy Conductive through your base with a net gain on décor down a central corridor, where as with Heavi-Watt you'd come out neutral to slightly better (only with granite).  The Joint Plate doesn't have this benefit, however, so there's pretty much no reason to use it.

Had a hard time coming to understand but basically, you have different decor and different material types.

40kW would make sense for the heavy conductive but I doubt they've implemented the damage tests for that value and are simply using the same class instance for the heavy conductive.

Archived