[Automation Preview Update] - 241153

• Developer
  • Fix for crash when deconstructing automation items which had been loaded from save
  • Fix for jobs failing the moment they complete
  • Ore "combining" effect works again
  • Fix crash on some Duplicant status items
  • Fix crash on the Room Overlay when the cursor moves outside the grid
  • Logic gates and Buffers now have lights to show their status in the normal view
  • Lots of text and descriptions updated
  • Sounds added to Mini Gas Pump
  • Buffers and Filters save their set delay, and can go down to 0.1s.
  • Added additional statuses and descriptions for the Metal Refinery to help explain coolant and heat
  • Added a status for the Hydrogen Crystal cooler for clarity
  • Tweaked metal tile art

View full update

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Added additional statuses and descriptions for the Metal Refinery to help explain coolant and heat

I was wondering just last night, can Metal Refinery accept various forms of liquid as coolant? I'm hesitant to try something other than water for fear of breaking it.

Oh okay, thanks xD

3 minutes ago, GuyPerfect said:

I was wondering just last night, can Metal Refinery accept various forms of liquid as coolant? I'm hesitant to try something other than water for fear of breaking it.

Oh, and to answer to you too: Yes it can! Water is not very good for it...

Edited by Nekobi

Good Evening !

Had the update, but my dupes are suddenly finding my dupes suffocating rather than getting to nearby oxgyen. I get notices and if I ignore them - the dupe dies, if I move the screen to them - then they always get to safety.

I also have dupes that become invisible in a doorway, they seem to be stuck and slowly starve, if I select them then they will not follow any 'move to' orders. I can save and reload and all seems well again with these dupes. 

Dying.sav

3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Buffers and Filters save their set delay, and can go down to 0.1s.

Nice! I was avoiding them just for that.

2 hours ago, Boris77 said:

Good Evening !

Had the update, but my dupes are suddenly finding my dupes suffocating rather than getting to nearby oxgyen. I get notices and if I ignore them - the dupe dies, if I move the screen to them - then they always get to safety.

I also have dupes that become invisible in a doorway, they seem to be stuck and slowly starve, if I select them then they will not follow any 'move to' orders. I can save and reload and all seems well again with these dupes. 

Dying.sav

I've also noticed this strange behaviour: All duplicants stuck at the end of a firepole (until I "see" them), duplicants that pee themselves steps away from the nearest bathroom, or suffocating near main base. All this happens if my "gaze" is kept away from them for enough time.

It seems they added the "sleeping" feature of Don't Starve, where anything too far from the character is ignored by the simulation.

12 hours ago, Boris77 said:

Good Evening !

Dying.sav

9 hours ago, Octyabr said:

Nice! I was avoiding them just for that.

I've also noticed this strange behaviour: All duplicants stuck at the end of a firepole (until I "see" them), duplicants that pee themselves steps away from the nearest bathroom, or suffocating near main base. All this happens if my "gaze" is kept away from them for enough time.

It seems they added the "sleeping" feature of Don't Starve, where anything too far from the character is ignored by the simulation.

yeah, sounds the same - might be a priority - tryout again?

They do everything else but their "high priority tasks" - until u move them on the screen. sounds almost as in the first AU Versions.

Are the starvation issues gone? Ever since the automation update preview, my dupes keep starving even though I have an excess of 4 mil calories. Also had the above described suffocation and priority issues. I got so used to the suits I left my dupes sweep 1/4 of the map and left them to their own. Figured I had all day till I need to give them some new tasks. Got back an hour or so later to find half of them dead :(

2 hours ago, pofil said:

Are the starvation issues gone? Ever since the automation update preview, my dupes keep starving even though I have an excess of 4 mil calories. Also had the above described suffocation and priority issues. I got so used to the suits I left my dupes sweep 1/4 of the map and left them to their own. Figured I had all day till I need to give them some new tasks. Got back an hour or so later to find half of them dead :(

just read ONE post above yours.

I just stated, that those High priority things fail.

eating, poo, sleeping, going to oxygen-regions......

everything that should be priorized above all jobs