Cooling Coal?

Is there a reliable way of cooling a coal generator/battery room that doesn't involve dripping water or placing it in a cold biome?

I thought about pumping a room full of hydrogen and using wheezeworts to cool it, then piping it through the generator room and back into the wheezewort room, which seems to work, but it's suuuuuper slow even with the generators off, so I'm pretty sure it's not going to help much. Is it an issue of the material used for the piping? Do I need to add yet another air pump and filter to pump the cooled hydrogen into the room itself before pumping it back out  to the wort room? Maybe just wait for the hydrogen to cool the pipes enough to see the actual effect it has? (the hydrogen is definitely warming as it moves through the room, and the pipes closer to the end it gets piped in are colder and get progressively warmer toward the exit)

I was kind of hoping this would work like a radiator... 

I am pretty sure you need to pump the actual hydrogen into the room, You could maybe get away with a radiator if the room is pressurised with enough gas, Or have wheezeworts in the room with the coal generators. they will cool the Co2 and this will help, but Unfortunately I run my coal generators once every 5 or so cycles due to other energy sources slowing the drain on batteries.

coal generators really don't  even generate that much heat, i dont know why anyone would even bother cooling them. just dontstick them inside your base.

edit: if you really have to cool them though,  you can do it radiator style with wolframite or granite piping from water ran thru a few aquatuners.  scrubber output is always 40C so you can use that with up to 3 aquatuners depending how cold you want the area

On 11/1/2017 at 6:17 AM, Townkill said:

you can do it radiator style with wolframite or granite piping from water ran thru a few aquatuners

You would need 2 additional coal generators per aquatuner though for the power demand...

On 10/31/2017 at 6:19 PM, brummbar7 said:

Ya just put the wheezeworts in the room with them, as long as you have decent gas pressure in the room

It would work best to have the wheezeworts one tile below the ceiling to take advantage of the instant cooling exploit. The whole column of hydrogen will instantly get the same temperature as the top tile

I think some radiant cooling would be in order - Build a sealed room below your generators - fill this with hydrogen and a few wheezeworts - make the tiles between out of granite or igneous rocks, and the other walls of the hydrogen room out of insulated tiles or standard abyssalite tiles. You can probably use some granite gas bridges or wolframite wire bridges to help conduct heat away from the air in the room and down to the hydrogen chamber.

Archived