Zillvr's Inconsistent Scribblings

Zillvr

Hello everyone!

Over the last few weeks or so, I found myself randomly drawing Don't Starve characters. Mainly been drawing Wilson cause of how bizarre his hair style is, but in all of my attempts his face shape and over all style/look is completely inconsistent. Also I only ever draw the head to the shoulders cause I only do these in my spare time. Hopefully in 365+ days from now these scribblings of mine would no longer be inconsistent. For now have an awkwardly smiling sleep-deprived Wilson.

zillvrdraws.thumb.JPG.49f4176ae8fb8245c1fa8f0509b78e9e.JPG

Cheers!

• Like 10

I can't wait to see more of your work. Saw a start in the Draw-a-dupe, but keep it going.

Sleep deprived is best, especially since Wilson has those dark circles overaying those pupils. The shape of his hair is a combination of Organic and geometric and you got that down well.

Best subtle detail has to be the collar.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the comments and the tips guys, Wilson's hair is definitely still a challenge.

@minespatch, oh the collar, now that look back on it I feel like I added one too many lines that it messes with the dimensions of a collar. Still, thanks for liking it. I've always love trying to put on paper what I imagine in my head about how collars would look at a certain angle.

@DragonMage156 thanks for the reminder! I do remember seeing Klei artists drawing on stream many months ago. If I got more time to spend, I'll definitely revisit them.

In the mean time I thought I'd try out drawing Wes for while for drawtime. Wes's? Wes'? Wessi? Ehem, Wes's hair is also just as challenging as Wilson's. In game he has twiggy like hair, all sticking out and frayed. Hopefully this iteration of mine does look like a Wes. Cheers!

SCAN0049.thumb.JPG.baddbb0944fa4d1860b55b90e7c22dda.JPG

• Like 7

Due to the curve of his eyes, he looks kind of blind(or having similar eyes to Wendy. Oh, his pupils are tiny, that explains things. I almost mistook them for tear ducts.

Is he staring at his nose?

The shirt lines look kind of soft. Do you need to mess around with leveling to make the lines pop out?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

... I almost mistook them for tear ducts.

Do you need to mess around with leveling to make the lines pop out?

Your were actually correct for almost mistaking them as tear ducts, the drawing has no pupils. I couldn't settle on what kind of pupils I should make and just left it blank. 

Probably should've fiddled with the contrast and brightness, maybe next time. Thanks!

• Like 1

Forgot about this thread... welp. While I'm here, might as well post something I've had for a while, still couldn't figure out the scanning settings of this dated HP scanner I have. Scan quality is roughly the same as the others. Regardless, enjoy my version of Wigfrid smirking.

SCAN0102a.thumb.jpg.5b9f4d8b486008a11485996e51797ae0.jpg

"Oh you."

I wish I had more time to draw... My main goal for the rest of the year is to practice more varied and dynamic poses/emotion but then I'll have to nail down anatomy first, which is more fundamental. Well that's where my head is at right now, concerning my drawing hobby. Until next time! I hope it doesn't take months before I can post anything substantial.

@minespatch oops! Sorry for the looooong delay, unfortunately I forgot where I put down that Wes drawing... Different sized eyes could be interesting though, albeit kinda derpy. lol. Regardless, thanks for the input (over 9 months ago now..wow. It's really been that long. ugh).

Anyways, cheers!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zillvr said:

Forgot about this thread... welp. While I'm here, might as well post something I've had for a while, still couldn't figure out the scanning settings of this dated HP scanner I have. Scan quality is roughly the same as the others. Regardless, enjoy my version of Wigfrid smirking.

SCAN0102a.thumb.jpg.5b9f4d8b486008a11485996e51797ae0.jpg

I really like how you did the braids for her, it's very unique.
Your interpretation of her is endearing, as well as all the others you've posted here. 
How long does it take you to make these?

• Thanks 1

@gallusvarius, thanks! It's been a while since I drew these, but from what I can remember these took roughly around an hour each. Even then I spent a bit more time just going back and forth with an eraser trying to finalize it overall. If you look closely you can almost see my previous haphazard attempts on giving Wigfrid a better outfit. Eventually I hope such mishaps aren't too apparent in future drawings. Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Zillvr said:

these took roughly around an hour each.

Wow, that's pretty fast, these look like they have very good quality. It seems to be the result of practice and skill on your part, I would suppose.

7 hours ago, Zillvr said:

If you look closely you can almost see my previous haphazard attempts on giving Wigfrid a better outfit. Eventually I hope such mishaps aren't too apparent in future drawings. Cheers.

I looked really closely and squinted, I can only just barely see a few lines, but nothing I can really piece together to see the old draft. I never noticed them before either, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

• Thanks 1