Debug World Settings

2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Tried out the Hellcona setting on the Debug World Gen settings and...

59cffef275381_Screenshot(131).thumb.png.02dce603226dffd670f985b794618328.png

Woah, they were right when they said it'd be "so...cold..."

Will update when I find out about the other Debug Worlds.

Ooooh that looks like an ez mode setting :D 

1 minute ago, watermelen671 said:

I also can't seem to get one of the Debug Mode worlds working...crashes everytime I try to create a world.:wilson_cry:

Flosten Paradise has nothing to generate and Tiny Debug is likely too small for default point generator.

How are you choosing the rock, I see the world debug selector says in custom game: helicona, but nothing else is showing up.

edit: nevermind about nothing else, it's just the rock isn't.

I made a copy of the default, swapped X and Y values, titled it wide, named it wide.yaml.. that shows up in the selector. So I started a game on it, it appears that these dimensions work, not too sure about the impending heat situation though..457140_20171008230059_1.thumb.png.4afc64f65ced45ae743322f16cd53198.png

Edit again: Helicona and the rock are both titled helicona, and both described the same way in their files - different data. hmm.

448x448 seems to be a nice size to explore - I wonder how much ram this is going to eat up.

If anyone is interested, these can go in the 'worlds' folder ... "steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\worldgen\worlds"

You can choose these after enabling debug in the custom game world type. If you don't want to play with debug on, you can still generate the world without having the effects of revealing the map: you can reveal the map with backspace, etc, as long as you don't save the game, you can reload your new game without debug mode on or any of the effects of debug mode. Select your starting duplicants, enter the world, then quit out to the main menu, quit the game, disable debug, then reload the game - the game you had just started should be available to resume at "cycle 0"..actually displayed as cycle 1 in game.

Wide.yaml instead of tall, not recommended ( hot feet, shown in previous post ).

LargeSquare.yaml 448 square, some semblance of the size shown below. 

457140_20171008231852_1.thumb.png.6c3338f0b88674a9883bb61a0f750370.png

...couldn't zoom out far enough to fit it in the window.

11 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Good god my poor laptop would have a hernia! 

I'm thinking of going normal square in future maps, 256x384 is the normal size.  Shrinking the height pulls the oil biome right up to the bottom of the starting biome... this is a major heat problem early game.

I saw someone was trying 1024x1024 ... think there's more that can be done with standard size.  Primarily pushing the lava down lower, and taking advantage of the search of unoccupied/nutronium space in the upper 30ish tiles.

3 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

I'm thinking of going normal square in future maps, 256x384 is the normal size.  Shrinking the height pulls the oil biome right up to the bottom of the starting biome... this is a major heat problem early game.

I saw someone was trying 1024x1024 ... think there's more that can be done with standard size.  Primarily pushing the lava down lower, and taking advantage of the search of unoccupied/nutronium space in the upper 30ish tiles.

Image result for blink gif

Ye be speaking Greek ta me. x3

On 9/30/2017 at 7:09 PM, watermelen671 said:

It appears that Tiny Debug just hangs during world gen.

It doesn't crash, nor does the game freeze, it just...hangs.

From making custom RWG presets I found that this is most likely due to the Start Location not being placed.

The files for the RWG are easy to edit so you can make/change your own distributions if you want some new maps to try. Heres a look at some presets I've made testing out the limits of editing the RWG. 

Planet2.thumb.jpg.ced288d9894662f722646049eea6c120.jpg59f2120a7acfb_MinimalistChallenge.thumb.jpg.8f54a2161423c9dfd9a47e9f8c26e6ec.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=enable+file+name+extensions+windows+10&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

rename the .text file to .txt

once youve enabled debug mode you can run the debug commands

On 2/24/2017 at 3:15 PM, Azrhei said:

Here's the list of controls:

DebugToggle            		Backspace
ToggleProfiler            	Backquote/Tilde
DebugPaintForceFlower       AlphaO

DebugVisualTest         	SHIFT + F1
DebugGameplayTest        	SHIFT + F2
DebugElementTest        	SHIFT + F3
DebugRiverTest            	SHIFT + F4
DebugTileTest            	SHIFT + F5

DebugSelectMalerlia!        CTRL + 5
DebugToggleMusic        	CTRL + M
DebugFocus            		CTRL + T
DebugUltraTestMode        	CTRL + U
DebugSpawnMinion        	CTRL + F2
DebugPlace            		CTRL + F3
DebugInstantBuildMode       CTRL + F4
DebugShowTestMode        	CTRL + F5
DebugDig            		CTRL + F6
DebugExplosion            	CTRL + F8
DebugDiscoverAllElements    CTRL + F9
DebugTriggerException       CTRL + F12

DebugRefreshNavDell        	ALT + N
DebugTeleport            	ALT + O
DebugGotoTarget            	ALT + O
DebugToggleSelectInEditor   ALT + T
DebugPathFinding        	ALT + P
DebugReloadMods            	ALT + M
DebugReloadLevel        	ALT + L
DebugSuperSpeed            	ALT + Z
DebugNotification        	ALT + X
DebugNotificationMessage    ALT + C
DebugToggleUI            	ALT + F1
DebugCollectGarbage        	ALT + F3
DebugInvincible            	ALT + F7
DebugApplyHighAudioReverb   ALT + F8
DebugApplyLowAudioReverb    ALT + F9
DebugForceLightEverywhere   ALT + F10
DebugCellInfo            	ALT + F11

Start after adding debug_enable.txt file, then press backspace to open the debug options. 

Archived