clean all your Polluted Oxygen in < 5 cycles

Wow, having so much fun with the High Pressure Gas Vent.

It looks like you can clean all of your Polluted Oxygen to clean Oxygen in only a handful of cycles.  Just pump your polluted oxygen into a small room via the High Pressure Gas Vent, and with just a couple of Deoderizers and a few cycles all of that condensed PO2 will turn into clean O2. Add a wheezewort to mass cool all of that air, and open the door to the room when you're ready to let all that oxygen fill the area. =)

Sure, it costs a tiny bit of sand, but you typically have at least 7 tonnes of it. And with just a little bit, all your PO2 is gone.

image.thumb.png.2fa609655e9fe57b87f03b0446bf16f6.png

If you kill of all slime lung on the map there's no reason to clean the polluted oxygen. On the other hand cleaning the polluted oxygen and pressurizing the whole asteroid with clean oxygen is a way to kill, or at least suppress, slime lung.

Btw, there's literally 100s of tonnes of sand on the map in the ice and slime biomes. It's unlikely you'll ever run out no matter how wasteful you are with it.

3 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

If you kill of all slime lung on the map there's no reason to clean the polluted oxygen. On the other hand cleaning the polluted oxygen and pressurizing the whole asteroid with clean oxygen is a way to kill, or at least suppress, slime lung.

Btw, there's literally 100s of tonnes of sand on the map in the ice and slime biomes. It's unlikely you'll ever run out no matter how wasteful you are with it.

these little amazing square pockets are also in the purple biome - So all of the other regular biomes have, and don't forget that algae will decompose in high heat to dirt then to sand, so there's lots of sand down near the magma transition layers as well.

20 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

these little amazing square pockets are also in the purple biome - So all of the other regular biomes have, and don't forget that algae will decompose in high heat to dirt then to sand, so there's lots of sand down near the magma transition layers as well.

The sand pockets in purple biome hold much much less sand. Those in ice and slime biomes have 5000kg/tile for most squares. In purple biomes it's usually under 1000kg/tile, and many as little as 5kg/tile.

14 hours ago, Saturnus said:

The sand pockets in purple biome hold much much less sand. Those in ice and slime biomes have 5000kg/tile for most squares. In purple biomes it's usually under 1000kg/tile, and many as little as 5kg/tile.

20170930031823_1.thumb.jpg.e0ab893f5b26624a369480675ad82b17.jpg

I'm finding otherwise - these seem to be occurring just as regularly for me as any other biome. All the better.

20 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

20170930031823_1.thumb.jpg.e0ab893f5b26624a369480675ad82b17.jpg

I'm finding otherwise - these seem to be occurring just as regularly for me as any other biome. All the better.

It says 5kg in the tool tips just like I wrote ... not 5000kg like in the ice and slime biomes. You're misreading it by a factor of 1000!

2017-09-30 (3).png

2017-09-30 (1).png

2017-09-30.png

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

It says 5kg in the tool tips just like I wrote ... not 5000kg like in the ice and slime biomes.

That might actually be worth a bug report. Although I think 5 t per tile is a bit overboard, 5 kg is way too little to be intended.

30 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

That might actually be worth a bug report. Although I think 5 t per tile is a bit overboard, 5 kg is way too little to be intended.

It's been that way forever. Or at least since they added sand outside the starting biomes. It was one of the first things I noticed, and also commented on severaI times. So in my mind it has to be intentional.

2 hours ago, Saturnus said:

It says 5kg in the tool tips just like I wrote ... not 5000kg like in the ice and slime biomes. You're misreading it by a factor of 1000!

Oh I see. *facepalm 

1 hour ago, Kasuha said:

Some happy medium is to be desired between the two in that case - perhaps the purple biome prefabs are bugged and not the other way around.

The fact of the matter is that you only get half that mass once the tiles are dug out. Right now I've got like 162T of filtration medium and I haven't even bothered exploring most of the slime biomes. I've only perhaps hit a few of these nodes. I just checked around that node I posted the picture of and it seems dense around the edges and only the 5kg in the middle.

6 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

I just checked around that node I posted the picture of and it seems dense around the edges and only the 5kg in the middle.

Yeah, that's basically what I wrote in the post you objected to in the first place.

17 hours ago, Saturnus said:

In purple biomes it's usually under 1000kg/tile, and many as little as 5kg/tile.

yeah 50 kg polluted oxygen pocket inside some slime biome, i spam 2-4 Deoderizers, the moment they dont have much slimelung i really dont care, saving sand for water purificator is more important before you find the steam geyser. just pick dupe with +7 immunity (or with more germ resistant perk) and easily add +10% with vitamin pill, slimelung is not exist in my colony. i even dont have atmo suit, wash basin, sink , hand sanitizer

Archived