Can you find the map's seed AFTER generating the map?

47 minutes ago, tirkin said:

If you could tell me the seed to this map I would greatly appreciate it.

globalWorldSeed = 872482913
globalWorldLayoutSeed = 2029593945
globalTerrainSeed = 2015157905
globalNoiseSeed = 2012269979

1 hour ago, Nanoking308 said:

@Risu Sorry to bother you, but can you take a look at what seed this world is?

Cosmos.sav

globalWorldSeed = 856786254
globalWorldLayoutSeed = 1242308421
globalTerrainSeed = 1193097207
globalNoiseSeed = 1768677576

Would need a mod to generate using those seeds however.

I would have to double check when I get home but I think I noticed a world seed number appearing at the bottom of the ESC menu, now.

Of course seeds dont mean a whole lot between worldgen updates I imagine.

I got seriously screwed this last generation for Automation update. 3 mealwood seeds and four bristle blossom seeds and like 5 hatches. With like 90% of the starting biome excavated.

I've had to use the micromusher for the first time since my very first colony.

On 10/28/2017 at 9:33 PM, SchlauFuchs said:

Guys, 

sorry if that was answered before, but how do you get the map as above out of a generated game?

Cheers,

Kai

You can pull up the output_log.txt from the OxygenNotIncluded_Data Folder in the OxygenNotIncluded Folder in SteamApps. Then search for worldgenseed to find the seed ID. This only works on the most recently played save, however. Apparently one has to "decompress" a save to excavate all the seed data from it, which sounds pretty complicated, especially given how there's no software dedicated to doing that.

1 hour ago, Omnio said:

Can you find the seed of this map? Thank you :D

Transdimensional Homestead.sav

Using the above method to reference the save from the output_log.txt file, your worldgenseed is 1462613874. Looks like the Default Asteroid, too.

Though that said, if you hit escape, it prints your world seed underneath the menu options. And that seems to have a conflicting number. Maybe I read a seed for something else.

20171107000347_1.thumb.jpg.229dc1514a5b31523b38bb2634363da8.jpg

On 10/30/2017 at 12:21 PM, uadsondavid said:

can you help me find the seed on this map?

The Space Brigade.sav

Both the game and output_log.txt report that your world seed is 317 on the Default Asteroid.

16 hours ago, CaimMatouAbel said:

Can u tell the seed of my world?

Legião.sav

The game reports that your world seed is 1403644770 while the output_log.txt claims it's 1772320721 instead.

51 minutes ago, The Nightmare Tank said:

Though that said, if you hit escape, it prints your world seed underneath the menu options. And that seems to have a conflicting number. Maybe I read a seed for something else.

Thank you, ye I tried but the number above the menu, load another maps

33 minutes ago, The Nightmare Tank said:

Yeah, I had to activate the AU Beta Branch to access his save. Although I don't quite know if that means he started using it before then.

Yeah seeds will have no value after an update to the world generator. And they almost certainly updated the world gen with the changes to POI they did.

Archived