Can you find the map's seed AFTER generating the map?

1 hour ago, Risu said:

Upload the save and I'll get it. Not that you can enter it in the game since it uses 4 seeds instead of 1, for some reason.

So the "randomly" generated map still has seed number?  But just that it's a different system from the world gen seed pool?

8 minutes ago, Reaniel said:

So the "randomly" generated map still has seed number?  But just that it's a different system from the world gen seed pool?

When you enter a seed in the GUI it sets all 4 seeds to the same number. Random maps use a random number for each seed.

Just now, Risu said:

When you enter a seed in the GUI it sets all 4 seeds to the same number. Random maps use a random number for each seed.

Ahh, now I get it... And yeah, if that's the case, then it's a bit pointless for us to know the 4 numbers since we have no UI to input and generate a map from them anyway.

@RisuHate to bug you with little things like this... but I also need the gen seed for this save :/

Coughing Space Hut.sav

It's just so frustrating to finally find a good seed only to realize that the custom game menu would reshuffle the gen seed every time instead of keeping the last used like what they had under the option menu.

To make matter worse, the dev have now removed the whole thing that was under the option menu, meaning I need to write down each seed I started.  Gah...

6 minutes ago, Reaniel said:

@RisuHate to bug you with little things like this... but I also need the gen seed for this save :/

Coughing Space Hut.sav

It's just so frustrating to finally find a good seed only to realize that the custom game menu would reshuffle the gen seed every time instead of keeping the last used like what they had under the option menu.

To make matter worse, the dev have now removed the whole thing that was under the option menu, meaning I need to write down each seed I started.  Gah...

600488459 on Default world.

10 hours ago, Risu said:

Get what seed? The saves have a reference inside about how they were generated.

I opened one of my saves using an normal text editor, because I wanted to have a fresh restart of this randomly created map.

I saw a few understandable things like the name of the colony but couldn't find the seed, the game used to create the map.

Question: So did I just not look well enough (what would be the keyword to search for?) or am I using the wrong program or is the seed not saved in randomly generated maps or is only possible in the oil-upgrade?

Randomly generated map means: I clicked on "new game" without giving a seed value or using the onion thingy using the outbreak-version. 

5 minutes ago, habuky said:

I opened one of my saves using an normal text editor, because I wanted to have a fresh restart of this randomly created map.

I saw a few understandable things like the name of the colony but couldn't find the seed, the game used to create the map.

Question: So did I just not look well enough (what would be the keyword to search for?) or am I using the wrong program or is the seed not saved in randomly generated maps or is only possible in the oil-upgrade?

Randomly generated map means: I clicked on "new game" without giving a seed value or using the onion thingy using the outbreak-version.

Need to decompress the save to get anything interesting out of it.

Just now, habuky said:

And would you be so kind to tell me how to decompress it?

Write a program to walk through the entire serialization template block to reach the start of the compressed data and then decompress the zlib stream to the end of the file from there.

7 hours ago, Risu said:

Write a program to walk through the entire serialization template block to reach the start of the compressed data and then decompress the zlib stream to the end of the file from there.

There are several words that give me somehow a clue / direction, but honestly I do know what that is

7 hours ago, Risu said:

Not aware of any save editors out there. Wouldn't be difficult in the slightest to make one.

okay. Given my answer above, what should I google for in order to find a tutorial or something I can read on? 

@Captain_Slappy, I cannot confirm your method at least during mid-game. anyway nice find during world generation, I guess

Archived