Anybody know how to enable debug mode in the Oil Upgrade? The old methods aren't working for me...

I know I could just play the game like a normal person, but I like to keep my dupes happy and spam paintings EVERYWHERE.

Also I love instant build mode, nuff said. :wilson_ecstatic:

I've tried enable_debug.txt, literally put it in every folder I could, just in case. 

So if anybody could help that'd be fan-dabby-fabulous. :wilson_smile:

I can get into debug mode but as soon as I build anything... literally anything it freezes up completely and the process have to be killed.

I go so far as to say the new upgrade is useless at the moment. Too buggy, random crashes while playing normally. Debug not working. Oil upgrade is literally a complete failure.

12 minutes ago, Risu said:

Working fine for me. Did crash a few times during world gen but that is expected on first test build really.

Hmm... I mean like Saturnus, my game would freeze if I keep Debug open and the game running.  I can use Debug okay if my game is paused, but the game would freeze/crash as soon as I resume the game when debug is open.

The only way I can avoid this now is to use debug only when the game is paused, and close it before unpausing.

12 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Decided to nuke it and just reinstall the game. XD

Will update momentarily. 

Tried verifying integrity of games files. Apparently no issues. Still doesn't work though. Then I tried to reinstall ONI. And it will not install under any circumstances now. So now I can't play ONI at all. Well, on the bright side, it releases some time to do other stuff now until they fix the issue.

1 hour ago, Reaniel said:

Hmm... I mean like Saturnus, my game would freeze if I keep Debug open and the game running.  I can use Debug okay if my game is paused, but the game would freeze/crash as soon as I resume the game when debug is open.

The only way I can avoid this now is to use debug only when the game is paused, and close it before unpausing.

Actually, I was having some stuttering issues prior to the experimental branch, I did most of my building in debug when paused - only unpausing to solidify things, and occasionally paint a few cells while it was running - think I might just to to be the control group on play without debug and see what's up.

54 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

Actually, I was having some stuttering issues prior to the experimental branch, I did most of my building in debug when paused - only unpausing to solidify things, and occasionally paint a few cells while it was running - think I might just to to be the control group on play without debug and see what's up.

I usually don't play with it toggled either.  However, I would have it on most of time while test building stuff and experimenting.  It's more of an annoyance as oppose to game-killing with the freezes/crashes.

I'm glad, though, that they now have the check boxes for FOW options unchecked by default.  It was extremely frustrating in OU to paint something only to find out that I forgot the uncheck the box, and the whole thing is now covered in FOW when debug is toggled off.

Just to +1 to this issue, the debug mode still opens with no need to change anything if you already had it enabled in Outbreak (for the OP, just have a file called "debug_enable.txt" in your \OxygenNotIncluded_Data\ folder).

But I'm finding doing pretty much anything with the debug menu is causing the game to freeze up.

3 hours ago, Reaniel said:

I'm glad, though, that they now have the check boxes for FOW options unchecked by default.  It was extremely frustrating in OU to paint something only to find out that I forgot the uncheck the box, and the whole thing is now covered in FOW when debug is toggled off.

Glad I wasn't the only one with this issue.

13 hours ago, Sabranan said:

Just to +1 to this issue, the debug mode still opens with no need to change anything if you already had it enabled in Outbreak (for the OP, just have a file called "debug_enable.txt" in your \OxygenNotIncluded_Data\ folder).

But I'm finding doing pretty much anything with the debug menu is causing the game to freeze up.

Same to mee atm, maybe its caused of the preview oil version?

1 hour ago, The Plum Gate said:

The new debug interface had changed.. Or it's new at least.

Anyone know what the comparator does? 

It looks like you can make selections and compare masses and temperatures. 

Yeah, and it's really neat to get the heat and temperature of the selection.

To use the compare function, simply select a section first and hit compare.  It will record and move the current info to the bottom info panel.  So when you select something else or when the original selection has changes, you can have both sets to look at directly.

Archived