Is there an in depth guide to power somewhere?

Manual generators plus one battery at first. Then once you get an electrolyzer system up and running then you use the hydrogen generator + a manual generator.

If you got a natural gas geyser near you then you can start using it but you need to do something with the CO2.

Yeah, I'm having more of an issue with overloading then generation. I'm looking for something to help me with basic setup understanding and the link between the various machines in order to plan out an efficient setup. At one point in the past I had used a setup using multiple generators on top of my base with transformers, each generator attached to its own supply of batteries and a transformer and while this worked it was inelegant and I like things to be a bit cleaner then that. So I'm looking around to see what others have done and see if I can find a proper guide.

Hrm, I'm not elegant in my design.  It's pretty heavy handed, but I'm hoping it helps anyway:

In general, I have a maintenance corridor (read: Heavi-watt wire décor hazard) that runs through the central column/areas of my bases.  In here I stick transformers hooked off the heavi-watt and run lighter wire off to wherever I need the power.  Just have to make sure the vertical areas are 3 wide for the transformers, and don't use doors or any type of tile besides solid, as the décor value seeps through then anyway.

To that heavy wire corridor I hook up *everything*.  Batteries, coal generators, manual generators ( you actually go backwards from light wire in to heavy wire out on the transformer)... the works.  Sometimes it gets a bit goofy and I just let them stare at the wires now and then because I find it near impossible to completely hide the wires without being OCD about base construction and layout.

3 hours ago, WanderingKid said:

In general, I have a maintenance corridor (read: Heavi-watt wire décor hazard) that runs through the central column/areas of my bases. 

That is, or was my preferred method. The thing is that you can build doors on top of heavi-watt wire now. So just run your heavi-watt wire through a floor made of mechanical airlocks to completely negate the negative decor of the heavi-watt wires.

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

That is, or was my preferred method. The thing is that you can build doors on top of heavi-watt wire now. So just run your heavi-watt wire through a floor made of mechanical airlocks to completely negate the negative decor of the heavi-watt wires.

Wow, really?!

I mean I know that you still can't build heavy wires across doors because I just tried that yesterday, but it now works the other around?

That's great to know :D

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

Hasn't that always worked?

1 hour ago, Michi01 said:

Hasn't that always worked?

If that's the case, then I just didn't know at all until now.  I've always built my doors first before building lines and pipes, and just never attempted to build it on top of heavywires before. :/

As the title says anybody know of one? If so can I get a link please? I'll be posting this on the Steam forums as well in the hopes of getting an answer soon :)

Sorry if this is a little late - but I made a video back when AU came out, that's still somewhat relevant today. Hopefully might help.

Archived