Outbreak Feedback

Have been playing the Agriculture update with joy. Played for tens of hours.

When Outbreak just came, I decided to wait for fixes, because the update was clearly unfinished.

Just opened the game after seeing there have been fixing updates. Closed ALT-F4 the game the SECOND one of the dupes managed to go through the Wash Basin without using it after taking toilet. Yeah, the basin was busy by another dupe. So? What is the desirable gamer behaviour here? Place two basins? Pfff. That's not playing, that's battling false design.

The Outbreak update is very unsuccessful as I think.

Not planning to open the game any time soon. 

Sorry for possible negativity, I don't know how else to express my impressions about this.

1 hour ago, Ritorr said:

Closed ALT-F4 the game the SECOND one of the dupes managed to go through the Wash Basin without using it after taking toilet.

That's a little bit harsh, sorry you feel that way at the first hint of trouble. It looks a bit odd that dupes will pass it by instead of waiting in line, but it's also meant  to make you think about alternative layouts for your base so that doesn't happen as often. Having a toilet in a dead-end is a good way to make sure a dupe (usually) doesn't skip the wash basin.

Here's an example layout:

5c1fa0b7a0.jpg

I agree that they should add queues, but you're overreacting by acting like the whole update is unplayable just because you encountered one thing that's badly designed. It was playable even before the fixes (though I'll admit that it was a bit harsh for newer players).

I find this verzion of game very easy .. too easy ... the germs are no problem .. i dont need go to green biom .. but i have free food  .. with steam geyser i made full autonomy base in 60 cykles  for 10 dups.  there is no need to expand for survival . i hope they will rework how food works ...  

9 hours ago, Ody said:

I find this verzion of game very easy .. too easy ... the germs are no problem..

Same here. I still miss a gamegoal, like "power up an ancient portal with dazillion power/gold/wolfram, take three dupes of your choice with you. Every time you enter a new world you can take +1 dupes with you." Game is interesting, very relaxing, cool to watch. To experiment with that machinestuff is nice, but i need longtimemotivation, to get full addicted. ^^

Archived