Mystik's starving arts (mainly OC things.)

13 hours ago, Mystikelh said:

tumblr_p9d7vyLt7J1x7v2xfo1_1280.png

Remember kids: Don't give your soul and body to evil shadow entities in exchange for power!

Just say no, kids. 

Aside of joking, looking over the new stuff. I really like the one with the masks. You could probably post that one anywhere and just not say it's fan art, and it's good enough just for that excellent communication of message. 

• Like 1

tumblr_paceh9hm6k1x7v2xfo1_1280.png

tumblr_paceh9hm6k1x7v2xfo2_1280.png

You might want to look at yourself in a mirror, Wren…
…On a second thought, that might not work.

In the honor of the beginning of The Gorge event, here’s Wren in the theme of this realm. But… He’s already dressed in Victorian clothes. The gateway still found a way to mess with him, though.

Edited by Mystikelh
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

I can already see the evil grins on Willow, Wendy, and Wickerbottom as they inch closer to give him a M A K E O V E R.:wilson_ecstatic:

Quick! Someone find him a Dracula cape. Just make sure he doesn't bite you! Haha.

• Haha 1

tumblr_pahttmjCdA1x7v2xfo1_1280.png

Local vampire jerk transforms into a bat and becomes the pet of a young death fanatic girl.

More The Gorge related art with Wren cursed as a vampire because the joke is still funny to me. But hey, that’s still better than being cursed into a Merm, so get back to work!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

tumblr_paozc2HpoW1x7v2xfo1_640.png

Here you have Wren in my own personal art style. Pretty bland, nothing too amazing, haha...
I refer to it as the HoDR art style, or "Heroes of Du'Rym", the placeholder name for my original universe and story. I would really like to have Wren exist in this universe too, with probably a similar story and personality. He will probably end up as one of the heirs of the High Bloods, powerful antagonists of the story. Though I think he still deserves a happier ending than being banned for eternity into the void with nightmarish creatures. Maybe it will be his time to shine and show the few good qualities he has? 

Edited by Mystikelh
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, minespatch said:

High bloods? He has some rich status to his background?

High Bloods is the name given to the noble families that each control a part of the empire. They gained their power by ruthlessly fighting the other families in a political war, and they are always trying to push down the others and raises themselves up. They are antagonists to my heroes that try to save the empire from that civil war. Wren would be the heir of one of those families.

Welp, I know this is not Don't Starve related, but since we're on the subject...

tumblr_pav9m3Pwf41xurh2io1_1280.png

After being defeated by my two heroes, losing his eye and being badly injured, Wren is going to be taken in by another character, a peaceful druid cervitaur. Maybe he'll be able to show him the good of the world? After all, the whole "villainism" of Wren is based on the fact that he had been raised in a hateful environment.

Alright, I'm leaving this here. If I start delving into my original stuff, it will stop being a Don't Starve related topic.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Mystikelh said:

High Bloods is the name given to the noble families that each control a part of the empire. They gained their power by ruthlessly fighting the other families in a political war, and they are always trying to push down the others and raises themselves up. They are antagonists to my heroes that try to save the empire from that civil war. Wren would be the heir of one of those families.

Spoiler

19 hours ago, minespatch said:

What would Cervitaur look like in DS style?

ds_chul_by_mystikelh-dcg4f0h.png

CHULUUJSAN

• Can sometimes collect more from a source.
  • Creates special potion with natural ingredients.
  • Doesn't fight very well.
  • Vegetarian.

I tried ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3

@DragonMage156 Haha, wow I didn't realize it worked for that too. But yeah, totally looks like a Survivor and GOH skin. The first one is more of a default Wren with two eyes, but I mean, he's always Triumphant, like Maxwell. Could have an Untriumphant skin instead.

Edited by Mystikelh
  • Like 2

On 7/2/2018 at 11:08 PM, Mystikelh said:

ds_chul_by_mystikelh-dcg4f0h.png

I bet the no-eye deer nuzzle him to his discomfort.:wilson_sneaky:

5 hours ago, Mystikelh said:

tumblr_pbf7a7prIG1xurh2io1_1280.png

Yup, those are skin designs, unintentionally.

2 hours ago, Mystikelh said:

@DragonMage156 Haha, wow I didn't realize it worked for that too. But yeah, totally looks like a Survivor and GOH skin. The first one is more of a default Wren with two eyes, but I mean, he's always Triumphant, like Maxwell. Could have an Untriumphant skin instead.

Give into the temptation of skin designs~580c1dbe4e7ac_arielcloseupintensifies.png.634d98285db06467db7efa447adb81eb.png

• Haha 1

@DragonMage156 @minespatch

Untriumphant Wren?

untriumphant_by_mystikelh-dcghtg3.png

I really don't know what Untriumphant Wren would be. Maxwell is his dorky mage self if he never meddled with the codex, so Wren is if he never meddled with the occult and the amulet? So pretty much the spineless unpaid butler of the Kingsley family. Choosing between the two, Wren did the good choice to go full Disney villain.

If you guys have better Untriumphant ideas, I'm open...

Edited by Mystikelh
  • Like 5