Too much polluted oxygen.

Hi, whenever i try to break into the slime biome, the pockets of polluted oxygen exist in excess of 50kg per tile, or even at 100kg per tile. this was of no harm in AU, but with slimeling in OU, my dupes can't even stay in the slime biome for more than 1 cycle before having millions of internal germs. what can i do about this? 

You could also trap a puft in a room and pump excess polluted oxygen into that room, turning it into slime. Make sure the slime drops into a pool of water so it doesn't sublimate back into polluted oxygen though.

5 hours ago, Jcheung said:

If you have a long, narrow entry, you could stack deodorizers before popping it... then return a few cycles later.

I have found this to work quite well - but such massive amounts of PO starts to behave strangely and I usually do fiters at top and bottom of the area I open it up to. I don't do this when I see it's diseased - but I have yet to see a pocket of concentrated death on recent maps.

I think such things got nerfed in a hot patch - from what I can tell after starting various new games / maps.

Sand/ air filtering 15 - 20 tiles of double digit kilograms of PO is a walk in the park when it's not diseased and it adds to your oxygen production. I do admit that there's a 10% loss of weight in the gas so it might not be entirely worth it when it's not diseased - it's not affecting the dupes so it seems kind of pointless unless you're popping it into a place you plan to inhabit or just want to reduce the risk of slimelung spreading.

You will need 1.3333 times as much sand as you have PO in that area for filtering like this. So if you've got 600kg of PO  in some pocket you'll need ~800kg of sand and a reasonable number of deodorizers for timely conversion. You'll produce 1.4333 times as much clay as you had sand when you start, and end up with 90% oxygen by weight.  so ~860kg of clay and 540kg of oxygen.

I don't think this is going to be burning through too much filtration medium in the grand scheme of things. I keep finding 5000kg tiles of sand ( I usually get 1/2 that when I dig it ).

Edit: I wad mistaken, the deodorizer gets an initial delivery of 80KG of sand, so mind the filters first and then pop the pocket. you can lock the door behind them the prevent dupes from picking up the 10kg of clay they spit out intermittently.

20170828235833_1.jpg

20 hours ago, Sevio said:

You could also trap a puft in a room and pump excess polluted oxygen into that room, turning it into slime. Make sure the slime drops into a pool of water so it doesn't sublimate back into polluted oxygen though.

Do the pufts not drown themselves anymore?

I don't know, but I lock the puft away with a pneumatic door under it. Slime will fall through the pneumatic door for collection:

puft-room.thumb.png.004651514241be9d078821c38f3ca139.png

A CO2 lock prevents Polluted oxygen from getting into the base when the door opens if a lot of it is being processed. It could probably be made more efficient by using some glitches that allow dupes to pick up and deposit stuff through tiles and avoid the door, but I haven't bothered with that.

On 29/08/2017 at 6:06 PM, FloomRide said:

just avoid the pockets with massive air pressure. Later you could purify it maybe.

I dislike you...every time you message i get trolled because I view the hidden content thinking it might be something else...I get fooled EVERY time XD

14 hours ago, BlueLance said:

I dislike you...every time you message i get trolled because I view the hidden content thinking it might be something else...I get fooled EVERY time XD

then it's working 8))

You can turn off forum signatures in the forum settings, I think.

On 8/30/2017 at 10:59 AM, Sevio said:

A CO2 lock prevents Polluted oxygen from getting into the base when the door opens if a lot of it is being processed. It could probably be made more efficient by using some glitches that allow dupes to pick up and deposit stuff through tiles and avoid the door, but I haven't bothered with that.

I didn't know pneumatic doors could be used that way.  But I've a similar setup with water and chlorine to kill germs.

20170831200139_1.thumb.jpg.805977f487d9032a4c3fdc49f98048ce.jpg

Archived