Power - new Game mechanics?

Hi, 

I found that power plants do no longer have a controller for when to be active. How is this supposed to work when you want to control what power generators you want to run first? Like, I want to run my natural gas plants first, then my hydrogen plants if they power is not sufficient, and my manual generators last.

Cheers,

Kai

3 hours ago, SchlauFuchs said:

Hi, 

I found that power plants do no longer have a controller for when to be active. How is this supposed to work when you want to control what power generators you want to run first? Like, I want to run my natural gas plants first, then my hydrogen plants if they power is not sufficient, and my manual generators last.

Cheers,

Kai

It's currently possible to have your NGG and hydrogen generators run first, and manual last, you just can't automatically distinguish between NGG's and hydrogen (although you can manually control them very well with a valve).   Increased granular control is something that one would naturally expected to be part of the next few updates--I'm curious why you'd run NGGs before hydrogen though?  Seems a lot easier to store excess NG in your fertilizer synthesizer room, than to store excess hydrogen.  I just manually increase my NG flow when I turn on something power hungry like a tepidizer, or hydrogen cooler, etc.

11 hours ago, SchlauFuchs said:

Hi, 

Cheers,

Kai

Put an Atmo Switch where you pump your NG for the Generators and I'm guessing Fertilizers. Have it set to activate when NG is below a number to have the Air Pump to the Hydrogen Generator activate.

29 minutes ago, vonVile said:

Put an Atmo Switch where you pump your NG for the Generators and I'm guessing Fertilizers. Have it set to activate when NG is below a number to have the Air Pump to the Hydrogen Generator activate.

That doesn't do what he's looking for, even if you use such a room, which people shouldn't since A. using a room that you pump NG into limits you to ~2kg of pressure unless you use an exploit, while you can get more pressure storing the NG where it's generated, B.  pumping the NG from where it's generated into a room ,then pumping it again to the NGG means you've pumped it multiple times which wastes power.  But that's all academic since your idea doesn't do what he's looking for anyway.

44 minutes ago, trukogre said:

... ~2kg of pressure unless you use an exploit (...)

You know, after 3 updates worth of bug and exploit fixing, perhaps it's time to call it a feature ;).

Just like mechanical filter, it takes set up and in depth game knowledge.

1 hour ago, trukogre said:

That doesn't do what he's looking for, even if you use such a room, which people shouldn't since A. using a room that you pump NG into limits you to ~2kg of pressure unless you use an exploit, while you can get more pressure storing the NG where it's generated, B.  pumping the NG from where it's generated into a room ,then pumping it again to the NGG means you've pumped it multiple times which wastes power.  But that's all academic since your idea doesn't do what he's looking for anyway.

If you're tapping a NG Geyser there's no need to use a Hydrogen Generator outside of burning Hydrogen to get rid of it from the Oxydizer, so the question asked is impractical in the first place. All I did was give a way to make it happen the way he requested it. My answer does work if you have Fertilizers contained in the same room with a NG Generator and an Air Pump to collect the NG, since Fertilizers can't process Polluted Water fast enough to create enough NG to create enough power to keep batteries running at a surplus.  The Hydrogen Generator would be needed to help out. You would need at least 8 Fertilizers to create enough NG to have a NG Generator run at full capacity constantly, which in the long run would be a waste of power.

27 minutes ago, vonVile said:

If you're tapping a NG Geyser there's no need to use a Hydrogen Generator outside of burning Hydrogen to get rid of it from the Oxydizer, so the question asked is impractical in the first place. All I did was give a way to make it happen the way he requested it. My answer does work if you have Fertilizers contained in the same room with a NG Generator and an Air Pump to collect the NG, since Fertilizers can't process Polluted Water fast enough to create enough NG to create enough power to keep batteries running at a surplus.  The Hydrogen Generator would be needed to help out. You would need at least 8 Fertilizers to create enough NG to have a NG Generator run at full capacity constantly, which in the long run would be a waste of power.

Your solution doesn't answer the question he asked, no matter how many times you say it does.  Also, your math is wrong, 3 Fertilizer synthesizers supplies 1 ngg, not 8.

1 hour ago, Grimgaw said:

You know, after 3 updates worth of bug and exploit fixing, perhaps it's time to call it a feature ;).

Just like mechanical filter, it takes set up and in depth game knowledge.

Milk has an expiration date, but exploits don't.  They're like powdered milk.

Archived