Disinfecting ladders

They could also make it based on how many germs are on the object. Ladders often only have very few germs on them after one germ-covered dupe climbed them so the time it takes to disinfect them feels very long, while the time that it takes to clean single objects that a very large number of germs on them feels short.

In general you don't need to be worried about small numbers of germs on ladders, your dupes' immune systems can handle those quite well. It gets a bit more troublesome if there's more than 5k on an object, it might be worth disinfecting then. You'll want to focus on improving prevention if you regularly get highly infected ladders, using layouts that avoid dupes slipping by wash basins.

The disinfection tool is really intended as an emergency measure in case things get really badly out of control. It used to be faster during closed testing, but it was slowed down to help emphasize prevention rather than manual germ cleaning.

Disinfection itself looks kinda strange - doesnt matter at all how many germs there're when u r in process - looks like it takes relative time depending only on Dupe skill, and ignoring the number of germs
And regarding ladders specifically - Dupe continues to do it for a short time even though all germs are gone already (they immediately finish disinfection upon reaching zero on other structures for me) 

18 hours ago, Michi01 said:

They could also make it based on how many germs are on the object. Ladders often only have very few germs on them after one germ-covered dupe climbed them so the time it takes to disinfect them feels very long, while the time that it takes to clean single objects that a very large number of germs on them feels short.

After a while all of my 30+ ladders have 3,000-5000 germs each. 

I need to figure out better sanitation methods.

Archived