Good Use of my Gears? (WX-78)

Canis

So, when I started up a world (Autumn Start) I did the usual thing, go around the map borders. I found the Wooden Thing on day 3. I killed 1 knight, and I got the rook to kill the other knight and 1 bishop. The Rook hit me multiple times, so I panicked and ate a few gears. I ran away after I picked up all of the gears that was on the ground. The Rook and 1 Bishop are the only ones alive. Fast Forward to day 10. I've killed random knights here and there, and suddenly I am 3 gears away from getting Max Stats. (aka, I ate 12 Gears already). I used the only gear I had left to make an ice box. So, what should I do? Go and get the gears from the remaining clockworks (I have a log suit and spear) and get max stats, or should I leave them there and wait until I need them for Ice Flingomatics? Also, I am not comfortable AT ALL with going into the caves, let alone the ruins, because I never explored them.

tl;dr:

*it's Day 10 (Autumn)

*I am 3 gears away from max stats

*There are 2 clockworks on the other side of the map.

*I have an icebox, but not a flingomatic.

*I'm not comfortable with going underground.

*What do I do with the clockworks?

You should prepare for other seasons wait until you need the following Flings or take him now it doesn't really matter. Go into the caves explore it don't give no qualms give yourself some sweet tank in gear or some powerful stuff make a morning star go into the desert and over charge  yourself a lot

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:39 PM, Donke60 said:

You should prepare for other seasons wait until you need the following Flings or take him now it doesn't really matter. Go into the caves explore it don't give no qualms give yourself some sweet tank in gear or some powerful stuff make a morning star go into the desert and over charge  yourself a lot

Thanks for the feedback! I forgot that each clockwork drops 2 gears, and 2 clockworks were left, so I decided to go and kill them both, eat 2 gears, and save the other 2 for a flingo. I am now 1 Gear away from max stats. I am striving for a small and compact base, so evdiserything fits into the range of 1 flingo. I only went around the edges of the map, so there might be a lone Knight or something hidden away somewhere. 

(btw, just saying, I had to read your message a few times to understand it because most of it was a run-on sentence w/ no commas.)

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:14 PM, Donke60 said:

Well I'm surprised you got so many above ground knights,that usually doesn't happen but you should go into caves especially if your WX-78

I Guess I just got incredibly lucky with the World Gen, which usually doesn't happen.

You already made your move before I saw this, so I just wanted to give an extra tip... you can find gears in tumbleweeds sometimes. So don't worry about rushing into the caves if you're not ready. When I play WX, I tend to rely on tumbleweeds for maxing my stats, and use the clockwork gears to build flingos/etc in my base.

I started playing WX in ROG. The bad part is that it's a spring start so I had to deal with all the rain terrorizing my health. No winter to have a chance at eyebrella. Now summer is coming and it's awful. Can't really go anywhere. I have a thermal stone and endothermic fire pit but it's not enough to go anywhere.

ehhhhh i would say kill the rest of the clockworks and eat the gears so then you will be left with one gear then get the other gear for a flingomatic by other means (smashing broken clockworks, killing broken clockworks, tumbleweeds)

You should be fine in the ruins with your stats

Edit: You should also be fine in the ruins because your already pretty good at the game

Archived