30 minutes ago, Alex Jones said:

Sorry I should have went into more detail. I mean some type of rock golem thing would spawn if you mined too many rocks just like how a treeguard spawns when you chop too many trees.

See we already  have  rock lobsters  for that and also that wouldn't make much sense since  rocks aren't alive trees are alive rocks are not

Treeguards however only attack you if you chop too many trees and don't replant enough. Trees are alive, the reason the Treeguard doesn't attack you if you keep re-planting is because he knows you need wood, but he won't let you abuse it.

Rocks in the other hand are not alive at all, so it would make no sense for that to happen. Besides, if it happened it would be just a copy of another mob, how boring!

You see, a lot of mobs (If not all) have a reason behind them, here are some that I remember:

-DS/T rabbits are actually not rabbits, they're some fictional creature that look like rabbits and have horns, they look like that and Wickerbottom even comments about it. Hell, they had a different name in earlier versions, but it was changed. Sadly I forgot the name of that creature but you get the point.

-Mac Tusk, his son and hounds are a hunting group. That's obvious, but I had to say it anyways.

-Slurpers are the typical annoying creature that eats your hunger, however, it gives you some light because it's eyes are literally lightbulbs. (Leeches exist in real life but I can't think of any reason a leech would be useful for there.)

So I would suggest being more creative and adding a little bit of lore/logic/sense or something to the mob and maybe make it different.

21 hours ago, Residays said:

Treeguards however only attack you if you chop too many trees and don't replant enough. Trees are alive, the reason the Treeguard doesn't attack you if you keep re-planting is because he knows you need wood, but he won't let you abuse it.

It's as the world gets older, you get a higher chance of spawning a Treeguard.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:19 PM, Residays said:

Actually, it doesn't work that way. Treeguards have a chance of spawning from a tree after hitting a nearby one (or the tree itself) with an axe. The game tries to spawn a Treeguard after every axe swing. The chances get higher the older the world is, as HamBatter said.

Also, living / calm Treeguards will attack you if you start chopping a tree near them. They don't care about whether you haven't chopped a tree all year. One axe swing near them and they'll go after you.

On 6/28/2017 at 5:31 PM, Donke60 said:

That's actually false it doesn't matter how many trees you replace or not 

I find that it only seems to mater if you chop trees close to a tree guard. I have several walking all around my base. I like them, I keep them as protectors and long as I do not chop trees in their personal space they leave me alone. I chop trees away from my base. We have a good relationship, until I need some living logs lol.

Archived