Cheers to the Klei Devs, and a request?

Big thanks to the Klei Devs for achieving such a feat of producings the best multiplayer survival game dst!!!!:D

Request/suggestion if possible 

ive poured hours into ps4 console and PC dont starve together, but I feel more comfortable on my ps4 as I play splitscreen, yet I feel like im lacking the against the grain update,  would it be possble to ease my mind on an aproximate date when the ps4 port will catch up on the against the grain update? to put my constant forums checking to peace. Its been a while since the ps4 has recieved an update, and I can understand its alot to keep up with having multiple games in development and updating plus the porting to ps4, but some Eta's would be very welcome for ps4 updates especially if its one big update to catch up gives us ps4 players sometime to prepare for the coming update,.

Kind regards scorpion badger. 

Thanks again for the great game. 

I feel your pain. People have given me a ton of different arguments about why Klei would be taking this long but they all fall flat IMO. Main argument is Klei is an indie developer and it always take a long time for indie devs to port updates, but this is significantly longer than Klei has ever taken for a ps4 update. Another argument I've heard is Klei might be working on new content, and because it cost money to release an update on ps4 they should just wait and do one big update; but since Anr was released from beta they actually did one update on ps4 and it had nothing to do with ANR, and it wasn't an important update either (IMO). Personally I would love to have some vague time line or estimate of completion, but just confirmation that there's people actively working on it would be enough to satisfy me.

Mhm we are totally on the same Page with that, would be satisfied just to get word that its actively being worked on at the least, I feel pc superiority is a factor here since its so easy to program and publish updates for pc versions of games, but it would be great if there was time frames for ps4 itleast, random surprise updates can always be fun. And I have trust in Klei due to no promises just what feels right for them as Devs in what direction they take things and how they go about it, but pc already has a massive modding community and collectibles trading. While us ps4 players lack behind in updates and content.. I must admit im probably just a little impatient and I can understand kleis perspective. But aproximate time frames or acknowledgement of progress is all im hoping for.

13 hours ago, Scorpion badger said:

Mhm we are totally on the same Page with that, would be satisfied just to get word that its actively being worked on at the least, I feel pc superiority is a factor here since its so easy to program and publish updates for pc versions of games, but it would be great if there was time frames for ps4 itleast, random surprise updates can always be fun. And I have trust in Klei due to no promises just what feels right for them as Devs in what direction they take things and how they go about it, but pc already has a massive modding community and collectibles trading. While us ps4 players lack behind in updates and content.. I must admit im probably just a little impatient and I can understand kleis perspective. But aproximate time frames or acknowledgement of progress is all im hoping for.

Well DS was originally a. PC its native platform so of course updates are easier to push through and as for modding that's really only because it's on steam 

On 6/9/2017 at 4:27 PM, Josonic said:

I feel your pain. People have given me a ton of different arguments about why Klei would be taking this long but they all fall flat IMO. Main argument is Klei is an indie developer and it always take a long time for indie devs to port updates, but this is significantly longer than Klei has ever taken for a ps4 update. Another argument I've heard is Klei might be working on new content, and because it cost money to release an update on ps4 they should just wait and do one big update; but since Anr was released from beta they actually did one update on ps4 and it had nothing to do with ANR, and it wasn't an important update either (IMO). Personally I would love to have some vague time line or estimate of completion, but just confirmation that there's people actively working on it would be enough to satisfy me.

I'm sorry you feel the arguments have fallen flat - but the reality doesn't change.  Unless it's a AAA game, the pc version is always going to be able to be patched quicker than the console version.  Worse - the coding isn't the same, so it may be harder to provide the content to ps4, or even impossible.  I've run into this where the console version of a game was significantly different from the pc version because of programming constraints.

I'm sorry you both love the ps4 version, but with the QA process for approving a patch, and the extra work it takes to create the same content for console, I don't expect Klei to be able to keep up at all.  It has nothing to do with Klei's intentions, just the reality that PC is a common language, and core language as the game originates on pc, as well as super easy to patch as needed at any time...  Where console is a port, modded just to exist on that platform with unique changes that actually make it more work to code updates for, with a strict and extensive QA process to get a patch approved...  In short - outlook is grim - and has little to do with Klei or their intentions.

To set an appropriate expectation for you going forward - Don't expect Klei to patch console, and don't expect them to comment about console.  It sucks, but it's reality.  Try adapting to the PC version to access full content.

1 hour ago, Shosuko said:

I'm sorry you feel the arguments have fallen flat - but the reality doesn't change.  Unless it's a AAA game, the pc version is always going to be able to be patched quicker than the console version.  Worse - the coding isn't the same, so it may be harder to provide the content to ps4, or even impossible.  I've run into this where the console version of a game was significantly different from the pc version because of programming constraints.

Well that doesn't really address my point that this is an unusual amount of time for Klei's PS4 updates from my experience. I've played and watched this game for years now and from what I can tell both PS4 games run virtually identical to their PC counterparts.

1 hour ago, Shosuko said:

To set an appropriate expectation for you going forward - Don't expect Klei to patch console, and don't expect them to comment about console.  It sucks, but it's reality.  Try adapting to the PC version to access full content.

I don't accept that at all. I'm 99.9% confident Klei can and will update PS4 with ANR...eventually. But if they couldn't they should be upfront about it, especially since they initially confirmed it would be on PS4. There's no PS4 discount to buying the game so I expect a full experience

Willing to bet $100 @Scorpion badger is @Josonic second account. There's a pattern going on here....

He is talking to himself & patting himself on the back by using his second account to give himself "likes" on almost every single random posts.

Just checked Josonic's posts calling PC players "suckers" and other passive aggressive posts, the only person to like those posts is this guy.

This is just sad, he needs validation but didn't get any from real forum folks so he is resorting to second, third accts to give himself likes...

Again, if you're really that desperate to play DST ARN update then get the Steam version!

It's not rocket science, you're already using your computer to make multiple forum accounts to post the same thing over and over again under different identities to try to get difference results, why not use your time wisely to get the steam version and play in your pc while you wait for the ps4 version? 

On 6/10/2017 at 10:50 PM, Josonic said:

Well that doesn't really address my point that this is an unusual amount of time for Klei's PS4 updates from my experience. I've played and watched this game for years now and from what I can tell both PS4 games run virtually identical to their PC counterparts.

I don't accept that at all. I'm 99.9% confident Klei can and will update PS4 with ANR...eventually. But if they couldn't they should be upfront about it, especially since they initially confirmed it would be on PS4. There's no PS4 discount to buying the game so I expect a full experience

If you really played and watched this game for "years" you would know the difference's between the PS4 version and PC version. There were things they weren't able to add to the PS4 version. 

What do you mean by  "there's no PS4 discount to buying the game so I expect full experience" LOL

The PS4 DST went on sale many many many many times in the PSN store, on top of many PSN flash sales, DST have it's own discount if you own DS w/ DLCs.

And if you're talking about "I expect a discount for the PC version because I'm a special PS4 snowflake". Well, the PC version of DS & DST went on sale many many many many many times too! Both games have been featured on humble bundle for a few times as far as I remember and that's a HUGE discount. Even Steam had their own sale for Klei games in the past...

"I expect a full experience" is this why you've been in the forums making multiple accounts to post the same demands under different identities? 

I hope Klei knows that not all PS4 players are like this guy. I'm a PS4 player myself and I don't pester Klei developers and demand things from them/harass them like this guy. 

Wow, ya'll really took that bait? lol

Who cares if you're the same person or not.  Attaching your dreams to a PS4 version that mirrors the pc version is only going to lead to your own frustration.  It's not something Klei can really address.  Best to ya XD

40 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Wow, ya'll really took that bait? lol

Who cares if you're the same person or not.  Attaching your dreams to a PS4 version that mirrors the pc version is only going to lead to your own frustration.  It's not something Klei can really address.  Best to ya XD

Am I not supposed to defend myself?

Why can't Klei address it?

7 hours ago, Josonic said:

Do you seriously wanna bet 100$, because I totally will? I'd like to comment on the rest of your post but I don't wanna show my hand to early so first I want confirmation on the bet.

3 hours ago, Scorpion badger said:

Confirmation on bet please? I would bet 500. 

Same person 110% sure. The account was created just to post about this which was the same time you deleted your post about this SAME exact topic about asking Klei to at least give you a time frame regarding ARN update. Also, this user never visited your profile - he never appeared in your visitor page log yet he liked almost ALL of your super old posts, WEIRD! 

1 hour ago, Scorpion badger said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Pc superiority eh... I own a pc I mainly game pc. But I cant play co-op with my gf as easily... Its not as fun with a keyboard also... That is why I care about the ps4. 

"I own a pc I mainly game pc" "its not as fun with a keyboard also" wut? Obviously you have not heard of controllers for PC gamers, yes.. they exist *shocking*

Once again I would like to comment on your points but first I would like confirmation on the bet

Edit: How about this, if the forum admins agree to verify information (extremely doubtful I imagine), and you agree to make this bet, if I win I will donate the $100 prize to a charity of Klei's choice. If you win I will pay you 100$ and donate an additional $100 to a charity of your choice. Deal?

Please stop this. I don't care if you are the same person, brothers/sisters, friends or just two persons liking each others posts and i'm sure a lot of people in the forum don't care either, when at least some people on the forum could care about ANR on PS4.

• Developer

The thread has started to derail and there are already other threads regarding this same subject, so I'll be locking this.

Klei is rather busy, what with E3 and the new game announcement, but all we can do now is wait. For all we know they're working on the PS4 update right now.

I know it may be a bit infuriating, but patience is what we need for now.

Archived