End game - Really important question

Hello Guys,

After Playing a lot of ONI, I got one question left to answer. What End game should be ?

Anno style - Mega economy / research ?

Rimworld - Combat/ defense ?

Tropico - Politics ?

Factorio - you all know what its about :D

The question is probably starting with this:

1) Should they copy one of those styles

or

2) Should they combine them / make something new ? - Like Alchemy system, where you create unimaginable materials and build unimaginable items, Gas Cars / Stone Water etc. to make a world where all  the normal world  physics/chemistry rules do not apply or are opposite.

Getting off the asteroid seems like a natural choice, although I would prefer a rocket over a teleporter. Of course, the key question to answer there is: why are you printing duplicants onto an asteroid if their only goal is to leave. There must be something on the asteroid you want.

16 hours ago, tehMugwump said:

Surface colonization with a new set of research goals for surface survival and (most importantly) prospering!  Perhaps after that, a rocket to leave for Earth.

I think this is going to be in DLC 1 year after release :)

My view is that the duplicant printer should have been located on the surface of a habitable planet, but for some reasons ended up inside an asteroid and as of detecting a habitable environment (thanks to some oxylite) is now releasing unprepared duplicants into something that can be fittingly described with the word clusterfuck.

Escape (toward a more habitable world) would IMHO be a very reasonable endgame.

Archived