Rhymes with Play 135 - Oxygen Not Included Audio & Art Stream!

Join the Klei team this Thursday, April 20th at 3:30 PM PDT (10:30 PM UTC), as we take a look at Oxygen Not Included's dynamic music system, plus some of the game's sound effects and implementation.

Of course, it wouldn't be an Audio & Art stream without a Duplicant draw-along with artist Alex, on the Rhymes with Play Dev Cast on Twitch.

Where is it?
On our official Twitch channel here:
http://www.twitch.tv/kleientertainment

Times:
10:30 PM UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)
6:30 PM ET (East)
5:30 PM CT (Central)
4:30 PM MT (Mountain)

When is it?
Thursday, April 20th at 3:30 PM PDT (10:30 PM UTC). Here's a handy tool to figure out what time that means for you:
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com

• Developer
21 hours ago, ImpactedTooth said:

AfN385e.png

I'm not sure if I should post this here or the dupe-a-day thread.

Thanks for the stream! The way the dynamic music is set up is so neat! Makes me want to try setting something like that up in a different medium.

Both parts of this post get me really stoked!

Great pic - post it over in the Dupe-A-Day too, I know Alex'll be jazzed to see that! :)

If you do wind up experimenting with those concepts in another medium, lemme know! I'd be really interested to see what you come up with.

I'm sorry, it has to be said.

I find the sound guy that comes on stream ridiculously handsome and cute. I would marry that guy in an instant. Please be my husbando ASAP and we can make sweet music together. <3

• Developer
5 minutes ago, heckubis said:

can we get an update stream to know about game fixes and the status of bugs and such. art work is nice and all but we all paid to help develop a game not watch art streams

We get game development teaser streams from time to time, don't worry. Klei just likes to balance things out.

its been almost  a moth since last update and 2 art streams. before thermal we regularly got updates after thermal we have half the thermal mechanics that don't work because temperature resets making half of the thermal mechanics counter productive they pushed that half working system to the next phase and we haven't heard anything about fixes since

• Developer

Klei has a tendency of staying low and quiet while they're working on content and fixes. I know we all want consistent updates, but Klei doesn't want to just release something that might ruin something else and cause even more bugs, they always want to release updates as polished as they can, so we just need patience :)

I mean, we've waited so long for the game to release, we can wait a bit longer for its awesome updates, right?

Plu, they did say updates would come around 4 - 6 weeks, meaning we only got to the 4th week.

3 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Klei has a tendency of staying low and quiet while they're working on content and fixes. I know we all want consistent updates, but Klei doesn't want to just release something that might ruin something else and cause even more bugs, they always want to release updates as polished as they can, so we just need patience :)

I mean, we've waited so long for the game to release, we can wait a bit longer for its awesome updates, right?

Plu, they did say updates would come around 4 - 6 weeks, meaning we only got to the 4th week.

yes and that's part of why I joined the alpha to help test the early game to find the bugs and errors so klei can resolve the issues before the game hits main stream the game has multiple builds in the preferences for testing the updates out before adding them to the main branch I was on thermal as soon as it dropped. but we saw these problems that stayed even though they moved the half broken parts to the main branch anyway

I'm trying to be patient its just at the current state I feel rather limited I already have over 600 hours in game trying out several types of builds and regularly get to 500(even before thermal) before the game gets too laggy and I decide to adjust my builds on the next run normally I cant stand exploiting glitches but its about the only avenue of testing I have left to explore 

sorry for picking on the art stream side of it

Archived