Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Cheetos

Metheus Puzzle Part 3 (Spoilers!!! Updated With Chest Answers).

Chris1448    13231
13 minutes ago, 767392_1452794823 said:

Hey has anyone noticed the Wilson noise when you go back on the Metheus page? Did that always happen?

https://metheus.dontstarvetogether.com/assets/sounds/speech_torch.ogg

It's just supposed to be for people who haven't solved the puzzle yet, wilson is supposed to be telling the player what to do, like "I need another torch!" or something along those lines.

Just now, Chris1488 said:

It's just supposed to be for people who haven't solved the puzzle yet, wilson is supposed to be telling the player what to do, like "I need another torch!" or something along those lines.

Lame...

Chris1448    13231
Just now, 767392_1452794823 said:

Lame...

Well not every puzzle solver visits the forums, so how else are they gonna know what to do?

MrKoopa    1165

Looks like this after I solved the puzzle with a friend. We solved it a long time ago. We both got the skins.

Spoiler

A1.pngA2.png

LynxV1    0

Is this all done in game? The chest is not showing up. Do I host a new world and invite my partner who did the puzzle in with me? I can't do it alone in my own world?

MrKoopa    1165

You and someone else need to be close to the chest.

"The two partners solving the previous parts must be close to the chest. Once items are placed in the correct order, the chest will shake and an announcement will show at the top of the screen saying "Your presence has been noticed", and grant the players two special skins as a reward."

http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Metheus_Puzzles

Chris1448    13231
18 hours ago, LynxV1 said:

Is this all done in game? The chest is not showing up. Do I host a new world and invite my partner who did the puzzle in with me? I can't do it alone in my own world?

The chest always spawns deep in the ruins regardless of whether your friend is with you or not. You do need your partner close to you though when you're actually putting the stuff into the chest. (If you can't host caves worlds, you can spawn it with "c_spawn("sacred_chest"))