BUG: Wee tusk loot table typo [PATCH INCLUDED]

In DST, the loot table for wee tusk fails to use Lua tables due to a typo (curly braces vs. brackets), which made wee tusk drop NOTHING (:sad). Code below:

SetSharedLootTable( 'walrus_wee_loot',
{
    ['meat']     = 1.0,
})

Should be changed to:

SetSharedLootTable( 'walrus_wee_loot',
{
    {'meat',             1.0},
})

As a reference, see how its father is defined:

SetSharedLootTable( 'walrus',
{
    {'meat',            1.00},
    {'blowdart_pipe',   1.00},
    {'walrushat',       0.25},
    {'walrus_tusk',     0.50},
})

The son has to have the same innards as the father, right?

Please include this patch in one of the hotfixes coming before Beta, as it is pretty trivial to fix.

Credits goes to: @EsaiXD

@artemiyME I can never be 100% certain since the product belong to Klei and they have ultimate right to say whatever they want. But, as @JohnWatson pointed out, if they wanted to remove it, they could simply do so.

@Cyberboy2000 No idea about Invisible Inc., but DST adopted a new way to define loot tables after it is rewritten based on DS, then that was merged back into DS. Originally, loot tables could include numbers over 1, and each whole number guarantees 1 loot drop and fractions count as a probability. Now they like writing two lines for meat then add a 0.5 meat line for 2.5 meat. Not sure how this would enhance software, but that is a design change that I noticed.

But yes, that code does very suspiciously look like it is a typo bug. As pointed out by Klei in almost each of their official gameplay stream, they do NOT play their own game (well, except the people in the testing group, if any). I remember once upon a time Wee Tusk used to drop loot. This could very likely be a typo, and it is a bug that could happen easily.

@V2C Do you guys every consider putting part of the lua scripts under Github? The community would definitely be able to spot and fix small issues like this, and all you had to do would be to click "Accept Pull Request" when you see fit.

Archived