Porting Save Files

Hello everyone,

Now that AnR is coming to an end, and the final update will be ported to the Live branch, what will happen to the beta branch? Will it be removed?

If so, how can I port my save files from the beta branch over to the live branch once the final update gets released?

Thank you.

Don't you have to generate an empty world first before you paste the cluster there? Or was that just something I had to do because I have disease turned off, so I had to generate a world first with the same settings? 

50 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Didn't we just get the last big update with the Fuel Weaver? It's my understanding that no more content is in the pipeline, just tweaks to what's already in the beta. It would be great if devs clarified that.

I don't think so. There must be some really new content about the atrium's gate, I believe some kind of monster attack, at least the quotes suggest that. Otherwise if ANR were finished and no more content would come, why would the gate have the charging, destabilising and cooldown state?

Staying on topic, if I have 5 worlds in the live branch (from before ANR) and 5 from the beta, which ones will stay if the beta will be merged into the live branch? And will both of them stay on the disc, or the one will be (permanently) deleted?

The charging and cool down I assume apply to the Fuel Weaver and indicate whether or not he can be reanimated. He's the final boss.  I can't really see why there would be another one to fight directly afterwards. The final update for ANR was supposed to have arrived three weeks ago, but instead we got it in pieces, in the form of the three different reanimated skeletons. There's never been any indication that a further update was in store after the completion of this last one. I've been taking the release of the trailer to indicate that the full ANR dlc is almost ready to go live, which means ANR is pretty much done. It would be great if there's more, as many people seem to assume, but has Klei given any sign that that's the case? I hope they will clarify this, as the longer beta players go on expecting more content the more disappointed they will be if it doesn't materialize.

5 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

would the gate have the charging, destabilising and cooldown state?

Because it charges up while you fight the Ancient Fuelweaver, destabilizes when you beat him and has a cool down state after it explodes an d resets the ruins.

31 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Staying on topic, if I have 5 worlds in the live branch (from before ANR) and 5 from the beta, which ones will stay if the beta will be merged into the live branch? And will both of them stay on the disc, or the one will be (permanently) deleted?

each Cluster folder is a save file. You have to overwrite any saves that share the same slot in beta and main branch.

11 hours ago, Electroely said:

Because it charges up while you fight the Ancient Fuelweaver, destabilizes when you beat him and has a cool down state after it explodes an d resets the ruins.

each Cluster folder is a save file. You have to overwrite any saves that share the same slot in beta and main branch.

Every world setting change I've made will still stay the same once I port them to the other live branch's file, right?

Archived