Heyo, been a long time.
I come back with another question: Is there an animation software I can use to test the animation of my mod character?
I'm having a hard time adjusting the body parts to line up. Eg. the foot connecting to the leg.
I have to keep opening the game over and over just to see how my character moves. It's only because of snapshots did I realize a lot of limbs were out of wack.
I used .scml but that isn't every helpful because I could line the parts up there but it won't change anything in the game. Plus I took a look at Wilson's .scml and all the parts are way oout of wack but they're just fine ingame. 
This is soooo confusing and frustrating. But I really want to finish my character.
If anyone has some suggestions or might be able to adjust things for me I'd be VERY grateful.

3 minutes ago, TheGamerDracul said:

Heyo, been a long time.
I come back with another question: Is there an animation software I can use to test the animation of my mod character?
I'm having a hard time adjusting the body parts to line up. Eg. the foot connecting to the leg.
I have to keep opening the game over and over just to see how my character moves. It's only because of snapshots did I realize a lot of limbs were out of wack.
I used .scml but that isn't every helpful because I could line the parts up there but it won't change anything in the game. Plus I took a look at Wilson's .scml and all the parts are way oout of wack but they're just fine ingame. 
This is soooo confusing and frustrating. But I really want to finish my character.
If anyone has some suggestions or might be able to adjust things for me I'd be VERY grateful.

You're talking about Spriter, right?

If you're using the esctemplate as the base of you character mod, the preview you see in Spriter is only a preview. the actual structure and animations cannot be changed from within Spriter. If you try to move the limbs around in spriter, it won't actually change anything in-game. You have to change limb positions from within your actual image files. 

It's kind of a common misconception, it happens a lot. 

You'll probably want to reset the scml you are working with so you can see what the real in-game version will look like. Delete your .scml file (only that one! keep all the image files and folders) and download a fresh copy of the template. copy and paste the new .scml file into where the old one used to be. 

Now when you open the .scml file in spriter, it will show what the in-game version will really look like, and you can adjust your image files to until they line up in the spriter preview.

Does that make sense?

Oh, they link up in spriter but not in the game? And you say you haven't moved any limbs in spriter? Hm...

What skeleton are you using? Are you using the esctemplate as a guide? Or are you modifying one of the in-game Sprite sheets?

oh, and I didn't mean delete Spriter. I meant delete the charactername.scml file and then re-download the template and put esctemplate.scml back in your folder (and rename it and stuff)

but if you haven't been moving the limbs in spriter, then you shouldn't need to do that, because it doesn't actually use the bone structure provided by that file.

Yeah I've been using it all this time. lol
I dunno what to do then. As I said even though I move the limbs in the art program I use and make it look good in Spriter it is still different in the game.

Plus I can't view all of the limbs using Spriter for some reason, which basically means it's a guessing game and trial and error...

1 hour ago, TheGamerDracul said:

Yeah I've been using it all this time. lol
I dunno what to do then. As I said even though I move the limbs in the art program I use and make it look good in Spriter it is still different in the game.

Plus I can't view all of the limbs using Spriter for some reason, which basically means it's a guessing game and trial and error...

You mean, like, it's broken during some animations?

I'll post here a few decompiled animations for testing (remember though: some animations may look a bit different in-game and there's some symbols missing in these files. But yeah, for limbs testing it should be enough):

emotes.scml

emotes_xl.scml

idles_hair.scml

Put these where you have your character's .scml file.

2 minutes ago, TheGamerDracul said:

Hm, even here they are different than ingame. I'm sorry if I sound ungrateful.  =^=

I don't have anything more decompiled at the moment, and copy-pasting values in .scml is kinda boring...  Sorry!

Hope these ones I've posted will help you out, at least a little bit.

1 minute ago, TheGamerDracul said:

For example, the side idle animation is all wrong. In Spriter the body isn't connected at all. But in the game it is. 

Uhh, maybe it's because you changed pivots/image sizes? I have no idea.

Animations I gave you use Extended Sample Character Template's image sizes.

If you still encounter issues, please post your entire folder in a *.zip file here, I'll have a look.