Is power switch obsolete and old school?

So we have power switch that can disconnect or reconnect electric wires but with TU same thing can be done with thermal switch except no dupe "turn on/off" action is needed.

Setting thermal switch to some very high temperature like 500 °C and then just changing between over or under that temperature is instant off or on switch.

Power switches in my base are now something like role play stuff...

53 minutes ago, Ghosticus said:

IIRC, Thermal sensors use power, switches don't.

Nope, they don't (at least based on the description)

Thermo switches not requiring duplicant intervention is, in my opinion, very likely to be changed as adjusting valves do require duplicants to apply any change.

1 hour ago, Octyabr said:

Nope, they don't (at least based on the description)

Thermo switches not requiring duplicant intervention is, in my opinion, very likely to be changed as adjusting valves do require duplicants to apply any change.

yeah. i think for balancing purpose, they should have a dupe to change the setting first.

unless they took power as in return

10 hours ago, Zervo said:

yeah. i think for balancing purpose, they should have a dupe to change the setting first.

unless they took power as in return

Kinda hard to do if the switch is in an enclosed room. If they do make dupe intervention a requirement, they should provide a thermal sensor to pair with the switch.

1 hour ago, lemmethink said:

Kinda hard to do if the switch is in an enclosed room. If they do make dupe intervention a requirement, they should provide a thermal sensor to pair with the switch.

should have/need power then

2 hours ago, lemmethink said:

I imagine the intention is to set it and forget - you need to build the thing in the first place, so you'll have access to it at some point.

Or make it maintainable in some roundabout way. Honestly, half the fun of the game is figuring how to build long-term infrastructure in really weird conditions.

Archived