Rhymes with Play 129 - Oxygen Not Included Update Preview

7 minutes ago, ShaTiK said:

I scrolled the VOD, but maybe I missed it - did they ever talked about "Clothes" and "Industrial ingredient" lines at the resource ledger?

They talked briefly about clothes... This update will have cosmetic only clothing changes (random color suits instead of all red) But hinted that more (possibly not cosmetic) changes in store for the future . 

4 hours ago, Mast3r07 said:

Where can I find an english version of this link, if you have one? I dont have the time to watch your stream (+ Klei goes live at 1:30 AM in my country) and I have B1 level on french, so i can't clearly understand all you posted there...

I've just made an english version : http://oxygennotincludedfr.blogspot.com/2017/03/klei-preview-of-first-content-patch-of.html

5 hours ago, jj42883 said:

They talked briefly about clothes... This update will have cosmetic only clothing changes (random color suits instead of all red) But hinted that more (possibly not cosmetic) changes in store for the future . 

yeah.. this will be great.. like in XCOM, i would like to dress my dupes with certain color for each/several job/criteria.

19 hours ago, Mast3r07 said:

What will happen to our previous colonies? Will the ice biome be added to previous generated maps?

@Mast3r07, it's safe to say you'll want to start a new map.  I'm positive there's no way an old map would load everything correctly (even if it was allowed)

It's not like all your dupes weren't minutes away from drowning in their own vomit, lol.

1 hour ago, tehMugwump said:

@Mast3r07, it's safe to say you'll want to start a new map.  I'm positive there's no way an old map would load everything correctly (even if it was allowed)

It's not like all your dupes weren't minutes away from drowning in their own vomit, lol.

I actually have 0% stress on everyone, cycle 280 pure oxygen base xD

Lets return to map loading.. I dont know if im allowed to give another game as example, so i will not say its name. 

Its a survival on islands. Its getting constant updates that heavily modifiy biomes and terrain. The island where you built your home remains intact while others are updated with new biomes and new loot (they are loaded with a new world seed, in short).

So, it is possible here, in oni, for devs to keep the starting biome intact( the circle in where the player starts) and rewrite the rest of the map? Or the new seed can include the starting biome too, but not to destroy player-made things (lets say you wake up with half the colony buried in sandstone). Its like the game could save the player's buildings in a JSON file (e.g. 76871996842377217.json) and overwrite the other files like "Heightmaps", "World" etc. The game i previously mentioned does this.

I am aware of the hard work involved in this, but I am just curious.

Archived