Fully Self Sustainable Base

You're absolutely correct. And I did mention in another thread about the ultimate fate of any build is that it should be impossible to build a truly sustainable system that will last indefinitely as that would conflict with our understanding of physics. A game however, doesn't necessarily have to mimic real world physics more than to a precursory degree. In the current release, until the next update, it is in fact possible to make a 100% sustainable base that will last for all eternity, and it only takes 10-12 cycles to make a "lonely hermit" build where you kill of the other two starting dupes for the free O2 from morbs after you don't need them anymore and don't accept anyone else. But since anyone can do that where the fun? Much more challenging to see how many dupes you can supply with clean O2 and water while being at least sustainable enough to last a few hundred cycles.

On 3/9/2017 at 0:42 AM, birol14 said:

so basically how many thermo regulator is optimal for making morb farm ? it need 240w power which is hard to produce if i build so much regulator. talking for 3 dupes

17 regulators is ideal.
I was previously using 1 on a loop, but someone on these forums explained to me that 17 in a row was more ideal.
I was skeptical, but after looking at it closer, they were completely correct.

On 3/11/2017 at 9:01 AM, Oatmeal said:

You wouldn't happen to have a pic of the thermo overlay, would you? I have to wonder how something like this would fair in the coming update that deals a lot with temps.

I don't but the morb pit and the grow room are completely cut off from the rest of the base. They don't exchange temperatures, and the morb pit only exports gases, and reaches a stable pressure very quickly.
The dupes reach in to the grow room via those diagonal tiles, through the walls.

12 hours ago, Saturnus said:

You're absolutely correct. And I did mention in another thread about the ultimate fate of any build is that it should be impossible to build a truly sustainable system that will last indefinitely as that would conflict with our understanding of physics. A game however, doesn't necessarily have to mimic real world physics more than to a precursory degree. In the current release, until the next update, it is in fact possible to make a 100% sustainable base that will last for all eternity, and it only takes 10-12 cycles to make a "lonely hermit" build where you kill of the other two starting dupes for the free O2 from morbs after you don't need them anymore and don't accept anyone else. But since anyone can do that where the fun? Much more challenging to see how many dupes you can supply with clean O2 and water while being at least sustainable enough to last a few hundred cycles.

Absolutely.
I'd love to get enough clean water to supply a toilet and shower though! But I haven't been able to yet.

I do feel though that with the update, it might even be easier to become fully self sustainable.
The geysers seem to produce an awfully large amount of water/steam, with the only drawback being the temperature.
But with plenty of ways to cool (with power), and much less demand on power for oxygen generation, i think it should be much easier.
Either way, i'm keen to give it a go!

4 hours ago, Toometal said:

Hi and thanks for a very interesting setup! I will def. steal some ideas from here.

But I seem to be missing some important aspect of the game. How do you harvest from a completely enclosed room? :o

It's an exploit in how they grab things through corners. In the picture below, they can grab things where the compactor is when grabbing from below.

20170227144005_1.jpg

I noticed your unwanted gas removal room's air pump is not connected to a vent, how is that going to work?

I also noticed you don't have a liquid valve installed in the contaminated pool's water pumps. I am guessing the battery steam room won't be flooded by the piss from the dups living inside.

Hello! Love your design!

I may have improved upon it, probably needs further testing. But I'm currently using storage boxes filled with contaminated dirt instead of morbs for contaminated oxygen. It was much faster to get up, and I don't have to worry about morbs dying. I'm also not having any issues in regards to pressure and currently supporting 8 dupes. 

I can't get the clean h20 going, but I'm trying to figure something out. 

On 3/12/2017 at 10:06 AM, SpoonsOnMyElbows said:

17 regulators is ideal.
I was previously using 1 on a loop, but someone on these forums explained to me that 17 in a row was more ideal.
I was skeptical, but after looking at it closer, they were completely correct.

Someone posted a interesting one regulator design.

Archived