Is it me or a bee meme.

I believe this is supposed to bee, so that the game needs less resources. If the bees (and then a lot of other staff) were constantly loaded into the memory, most computers just couldn't handle Don't Starve.

So as to my best knowledge it isn't a bug, but I agree it would be nice if the honey production could continue off screen.

I have a bee farm with lots of flowers and so honey is produced quite fast, but mainly because I hang a lot in my base. When I'm far they are really slow...

7 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

So as to my best knowledge it isn't a bug, but I agree it would be nice if the honey production could continue off screen.

Wish a dev can look into this, but my bee memes are to good for them (Insert my profile pic here).

9 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

I have a bee farm with lots of flowers and so honey is produced quite fast, but mainly because I hang a lot in my base. When I'm far they are really slow...

I kinda made my farm far but with a bunch of flowers, I guess the more bee boxes, the outweigh of production can be bypassed.

28 minutes ago, jantonio said:

Bee production seems to only work on screen and if one is off screen it takes a long time for full honey. Any suggestion I guess for bee production (like more flowers ext.).

this has always been the case for me. if i leave my base for a few days honey production is definitely slowed. so i started a habit where i make sure 1-2 bees per hive are out before i take off in the mornings, so i come back to greater honey production.

there is an entry in the wiki stating "If the player gets too far away, the game hibernates all bees and switches to a simplified model to simulate honey production." which has been my exact experience when i build bee boxes slightly too far from my base. i will get 1-2 honey every few days. so i wait until the bees are spawned whenever i am close to make sure the games is not hibernating them.

Honey production slows down when they're not loaded onto your screen, yes. But they also can produce Honey in the winter if you use this method.

The way Bee Boxes works off screen is that for every two days the box isn't loaded, honey production will go up one level, which is two honey per level. Therefore, it will be filled up by the sixth day, and you can harvest it for 6 honey.

What happens when Bee Boxes are loaded in is the bees that belong to the hive will go out to get pollen from the flowers. After collecting six flowers, they return to the box, and the honey inside the box increases by one. If you have enough flowers, this honey collection is considerably than the former method, but the former method ensures you'll have a constant supply of honey, especially if you have a massive amount of Bee Boxes. Conversly, if you have zero flowers anywhere, no honey will be produced if the bees are on your screen.

Archived