Interrupted sleep?

So, all of my colony has a same problem. The interrupted sleep. some of my dupe always get interrupted sleep status with no reason (I guess). They going to sleep and sleep well until morning but still got the interrupted sleep. 

Anyone has a same problem with me? or how can I have to check or solve it?

From what I've been able to deduce, them getting hungry (<50% fullness) while asleep will cause them to wake up in the morning with 'interrupted sleep.' Though whether that's intentional or a bug is beyond me, but I sure hope it's a bug. Only way around it that I know of, is saving and reloading a save after the dupes have woken up will get rid of the interrupted sleep.

On 2/26/2017 at 0:54 AM, Full Metal Kirby said:

From what I've been able to deduce, them getting hungry (<50% fullness) while asleep will cause them to wake up in the morning with 'interrupted sleep.' Though whether that's intentional or a bug is beyond me, but I sure hope it's a bug. Only way around it that I know of, is saving and reloading a save after the dupes have woken up will get rid of the interrupted sleep.

I have no idea how you managed to figure this out, but thank you.

This is annoying to no end for me, because it increases stress. If a dupe's bladder gets full while they're asleep (even if they don't have to get up to pee), they get "interrupted sleep". What Kirby said about the calories (even though they're nowhere near starving), interrupted sleep. If they DO get up to pee, you guessed it, interrupted sleep. Now every morning as soon as the dupes wake up I have to save, quit, reload. At first I tried making them eat 1,500 kcals, then with the almost full bladder I had to disable the toilets first thing in the morning to make the dupe hold it in longer so the timing would be better (and hope the dupe didn't make a mess). But these things recur at such a rate that it's too much micromanagement. Dupes should have half a brain and eat and pee before going to bed if they need to. Or make this debuff only happen if they're woken up by a loud sleeper or they can't breathe.

It annoys me too, in no small part because it's not apparent what causes the interruption. You build it one way, some are interrupted, some are not. You can kind of figure out some things that interrupt sleep. Someone walking directly next to the sleeping person, a loud sleeper, having to get up to use the bathroom (there's nothing we can do to fix this which is annoying). And yet, even with all of these factors eliminated they are still interrupted. So I space them out farther and farther, but the seemingly random nature contaminates the test results and the whole experience is so unsatisfying.

Curiously, do all of you feed your dupes unprocessed Meallice?  I'm wondering if the dupes aren't taking in enough calories before bedtime, which is triggering the issue.  As many people don't process Meallice (including myself), it could explain why many people are experiencing the same result.

Well, if you set them to "eat until full" it shouldn't matter what kind of food they're eating. The problem with the hunger and interrupted sleep is that it gets flagged as Kirby mentioned above, when they're less than 50% full. So if they eat in the morning, they're guaranteed to be less than 50% full while sleeping. Then if you fix it by telling them to eat 1,500 kcals, eventually it goes out of balance again. Calorie burn may vary depending on tasks?

One cycle has 600 seconds (500 day and 100 night).

Bladder goes up by 0.166666 every second so it is exactly 100% in one cycle. That means dupe need toilet every day at the same moment when he left from toilet previous day. It takes some time until they walk to toilet and are done so every next day it is later and later and eventually they leave toilet during night and next night they are interrupted by full bladder. But they hold it till morning and that means next morning is again all ok at like 97-98%. So bladder sleep interruption happens not that often.

---

With calories that number is not 1.7 but 1.66666 kcal/sec so in theory they should always burn exactly 1000 kcal per one cycle (600 seconds) but for some reason they use slightly less (maybe some rounding issue or some lagging? or is it time while they are eating?), so they burn 990 or 980 or something around that number and typically eat 1000 kcal. That means every next day they want to eat a little bit later. After some time they will have their eating moment moved after start of the night and that is when interrupted sleep starts... this fix itself but quite slowly and dupes have this interrupted sleep for several cycles until their eating moment moves through those 100 night seconds back to start of the day (so about 6 - 7 cycles in problem if not manually fixed).

Additionally sometimes they don't eat 1000 kcal but some other smaller amount they find on the ground. Mealwood drops 1500 kcal so when someone takes 1000 there is only 500 left.

---

I have a system where I don't get any sleep interruption because of hunger but it is not for everyone... when I set it up correctly and when I keep food at one spot so there is always at least 1000 kcal available it is stable for 30 cycles. After that they start to be a bit fat and less equally full and so I put them on one day diet, someone gets 400 someone 600 kcal all depends how full they are at the morning and after that diet day once every month they are again approximately the same at fullness:

tsa4Mph.png

but fullness is at 75% when they eat?  default is 1000 daily on "until full". so sometimes they eat daily, then one more later if they walk a lot. my issue was with lavatories when they choose midnight pooping in emergency outhouse, walking much further with no reason. i had long pipes and electricity even if waste needed to go into purifier, so it just seems outhouses got higher priority. i know that re-assigning tables made them eat the same time, guess its not a coincidence. maybe rations and diet is a good idea. but then 50% is 2000 calories, 75% is 3000 so a day divided 500+100 seconds,  100 seconds bladder/hunger free means they need to eat and poop as late as possible. like between 300-400.

31 minutes ago, ShamPeiN said:

but fullness is at 75% when they eat?

No. And that is the problem. (maybe they should change it so that "until full" would be eat until 75% full...)

They eat when fullness drop bellow 50% (2000 kcal). If they get food from big pile or storage they eat 1000 kcal if set to "until full". So when at morning they have only 1900 kcal they don't eat to 3000 but to 2900 and next morning they have 1920 and so again interrupted sleep and eat to 2920... next morning again bellow 2000 and so on for several days until finally wake up at 2000+

I guess I have a different problem with "Interrupted sleep"

Once it happens to one of the dupes, it... just stays. It doesn't disappear no matter what I am trying to do. Sometimes I even manage both "sleeping" mods - that one and a positive one.

Archived