Bristle Blossom

When I first started the game, I was intrigued by the Bristle Blossom plant. In fact, this plant seems rare and doesn't fit well in the ambiant temperature of the game ( growth stopped around 23°C). So in order to farm this plant you need a special setup with a cooling system which is quite expensive in place and energy.

I wanted to know if it was worth it so I made a comparaison graph with the Mealwood.519960Capture.png

I found out that the Bristle Blossom is 38% less effective in kcal production that the Mealwood! What a big deception!

I guess only devil dev would design a rare plant hard to grow and with 0 benefits.

And for those who don't know : You need a bit more than 2 Mealwood to feed a Dupe (exept Bottomless Stomach dupes with 50% more kcal consumption)

(*on the graph: Dupe consuption set to 1000kcal per day).

6 hours ago, Sawtrack said:

When I first started the game, I was intrigued by the Bristle Blossom plant. In fact, this plant seems rare and doesn't fit well in the ambiant temperature of the game ( growth stopped around 23°C). So in order to farm this plant you need a special setup with a cooling system which is quite expensive in place and energy.

I wanted to know if it was worth it so I made a comparaison graph with the Mealwood.519960Capture.png

I found out that the Bristle Blossom is 38% less effective in kcal production that the Mealwood! What a big deception!

I guess only devil dev would design a rare plant hard to grow and with 0 benefits.

And for those who don't know : You need a bit more than 2 Mealwood to feed a Dupe (exept Bottomless Stomach dupes with 50% more kcal consumption)

(*on the graph: Dupe consuption set to 1000kcal per day) 

Hello there! As a curious person myself, I'm pretty much conducting an experiment on the bristle blossom. which can be found here: 

The findings actually do tend towards Bristle Blossom NOT consuming Oxygen or any other form of gas. This alone makes the Blossom superior to the mealwood plant. That is, assuming that you have a booming number of bristle blossom seeds. 

Out of curiosity, does your graph take into consideration light sources? Because I remember that if there is a light source over your mealwood they take two and a half days (after fully grown) to be harvestable, producing 1500 cal, or an average of 600 cal per day. So a total of five mealwoods would be just enough for three duplicants.

1 hour ago, XicoFelipe said:

Out of curiosity, does your graph take into consideration light sources? Because I remember that if there is a light source over your mealwood they take two and a half days (after fully grown) to be harvestable, producing 1500 cal, or an average of 600 cal per day. So a total of five mealwoods would be just enough for three duplicants.

wait, plant took adv over light?

i thought it's only algae terrarium that have the benefit

Should be mentioned that the blossom produces a single fruit worth 10 (1000 kcal).
The mealwood produces 15 fruits worth 1 each (1500 kcal).
You can take 5 of those and 50 water to get 1 food worth 10 (1000 kcal).
So a single mealwood harvest has a possible 30 (3000 kcal).

1 hour ago, Zervo said:

wait, plant took adv over light?

No, only algae does. Someone checked in code and even tried.

44 minutes ago, Risu said:

So a single mealwood harvest has a possible 30 (3000 kcal).

At the cost of water though, which is a finite resource right now.

4 minutes ago, Vilda said:

At the cost of water though, which is a finite resource right now.

Which is funny because even the raw food is better than the blossom,
so cooking is entirely optional if you want to double your food.

4 hours ago, XicoFelipe said:

No light source needed. The life cycle of a Mealwood is 10 cycles in which it produce 4500 kcal, so your calculations are wrong. You have an average of 450kcal per day!

19 minutes ago, Sawtrack said:

No light source needed. The life cycle of a Mealwood is 10 cycles in which it produce 4500 kcal, so your calculations are wrong. You have an average of 450kcal per day!

Oh, I see, because it has to be replanted after a number of harvests. That makes sense.

1 hour ago, Vilda said:

No, only algae does. Someone checked in code and even tried.

*looks at farms with lots of lamps wasting energy for no reason, starts breaking the algae deoxydiser out of stress*

A follow up question. Does Bristles benefit from a light source in any way?

Logically no life forms that exist in the middle of an asteroid in deep space (or something like that) would evolve the need for light but maybe it's like a 10% increase like for algae.

EDIT: Q is A'd above

Archived