Creature Cataloging

1 hour ago, Ceceron44 said:

I'm not realy sure, but in my game they were living nearly contaminated liquid and game says they were "consuming contaminated oxygen", so I assume they eat it, not barf.

Morbs barf contaminated oxygen; the ones that consume contaminated oxygen are the pufts, which then turn it into slime.

Untitled.png

6 hours ago, Czeraphine said:

If that's true, I am yet to reach them. However, you're giving me a pretty neat idea for all of my idle dupes. Off to the surface I go; and I will be back to you guys on that eventually.

have you ever seen Total Recall with arnold, remeber that scene on mars when the oxygen left, think of your dupes hitting the surface and sufficating from oxygen sucking out of there bodies

19 hours ago, Czeraphine said:

Morbs barf contaminated oxygen; the ones that consume contaminated oxygen are the pufts, which then turn it into slime.

It's just me or they barf it by consuming Chlorine? It seems to be disappearing in areas where they live.

14 minutes ago, Vilda said:

It's just me or they barf it by consuming Chlorine? It seems to be disappearing in areas where they live.

This is correct, they consume chloride and spit out contaminated oxygen. You can than let the contaminated oxygen be consumed by a puft and get slime

On 2/20/2017 at 2:41 AM, Czeraphine said:

Those are all the creatures I've encounted as well. However, hutch is insanely useful (drop tons of dirt where they are after you pen them up. They give up lots of coal).

Untitled.png

Oh wow, Can you tell me how you even trap them in the 1st place? I found a few very far away from my base. And one time I was trapping two Puffs (well not really trapping, more like let them wander around after opening them from their prison), one kinda disappeared or died :(

5 hours ago, Quantum1000 said:

I've heard, but not confirmed, that Hatch's can eat abysallite and poop muckroot. It was in this forum post: 

under the harvesting section.

As an author of that post I assure you I tested it :) 

I can confirm that.

As a side note. Besides from possibly spreading diseases morbs are completely harmless unless you attack them (accidentally trying to harvest them), and give a +10 decor buff. And they're fun to look at.

Morbs spawned from dead bodies don't go away if you bury the body they spawned from after they have all spawned (3 will spawn from each dead body).

Archived