FIXED. Dragonfly stuck into the sky. Any reason/fix/command?

Dragonfly disapeared from my world for some reason. Last time I saw it was like 70 days ago, around day 310 on first day of summer. Then I rushed into the caves and never saw it again. Seems like some kind of glitch to me. Is that normal?

In case it's a glitch I'd love to know if there is command to make it spawn again for now on, on its normal place in the desert. I think I saw it somewhere a few weeks ago but I'm failing at search, I'm sorry if this is repeated.

Thanks in advance.

I've seen the dragonfly wander pretty far away from it's "nest" before. I'd try searching the area a little more... carefully of course. And if you're playing with other people then it could be possible someone used the telelocator staff on it. It won't immediately fly back if it's moved that way. It'll actually just wander around freely wherever it ended up until someone agros then de-agros it.

Dfly can fly preety far away from it's spawn, I've seen it at the opposite end of the desert once.

You can teleport to Dfly instantly with this command (Warning! You will be right next to her!):

c_gonext("dragonfly")

If she's not there you can spawn her with the command:

c_spawn("dragonfly")

She will spawn where your mouse cursor is, but that is only a one time fix.

I guess she became fed up being killed all the time and just left... :p

But joke aside, she should be in her lava area, right? She never wander far from it and also flies back if we get too far during a fight, so finding her should be easy, if she were there, I believe...

I also found that in some years the boss of the season (bearger or deerclops) doesn't spawn during its time, so I had to wait another year for it... even though Dragonfly is all year present, can't it be a similar bug?

8 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I've seen the dragonfly wander pretty far away from it's "nest" before. I'd try searching the area a little more... carefully of course. And if you're playing with other people then it could be possible someone used the telelocator staff on it. It won't immediately fly back if it's moved that way. It'll actually just wander around freely wherever it ended up until someone agros then de-agros it.

I'm playing alone, and I have never had a telelocator staff in my world ever. I'm quite sure it is nowhere because I'm 24/7 running around the world looking for footprints for an ewecus like crazy. I ride a beefalo so I think I've covered the whole place quite a few times. I will triple-check anyway :D 

6 hours ago, NobodyCares69 said:

Dfly can fly preety far away from it's spawn, I've seen it at the opposite end of the desert once.

You can teleport to Dfly instantly with this command (Warning! You will be right next to her!):

c_gonext("dragonfly")

If she's not there you can spawn her with the command:

c_spawn("dragonfly")

She will spawn where your mouse cursor is, but that is only a one time fix.

Thanks a lot! If I spawn it over the lava things on the desert, will it stay there and fight as it normally would?

2 hours ago, fimmatek said:

I also found that in some years the boss of the season (bearger or deerclops) doesn't spawn during its time, so I had to wait another year for it... even though Dragonfly is all year present, can't it be a similar bug?

Yea this happens to me too, deerclops never show up in the third year, and he comes super early winter next year. It could be a similar thing, but I saw dragonfly, I left it there alive and it disappeared. I killed it a few times before, but not that time.

@NobodyCares69 @Sinister_Fang @fimmatek it's fixed!

This was sooo weird! I used c_gonext and it was up in the sky. It was doing the fly away animation, so it disappeared right when I saw it. Then I got stuck running free over the sky xD I used c_gonext("pigman") to try and go down again, my game froze and crashed but the next time I loaded my world the dragonfly was on its place again and I was also back to the ground :D

Quite crazy, but fixed! Thanks a lot for the answers!! I guess I will post it in the bug tracker forum just in case devs want to take a look

20170122150547_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

I'm glad it's solved! :) But how on earth is it possible to get stuck on the sky?... How does it look like, I mean, you were on a higher level, like when birds and df and such leaves?

No idea dude, I could run around but just much slower, and I could see the ground very far and smaller than usual. Looks like there is high platform level of some kind. We can now fantasize over the idea of developers making a new sky level or terrain levels such as mountains or buildings :v

I added a picture to the previous post so you can have an idea :)

Maybe pudgy beefalos can fly? Or... you just had too many balloons. :p

A very interesting bug. I'd like to try this flying mode once, Klei should add some stuff that realises that. Actually, we can teleport, fight nightmares, build self-guided fire-extinguishing machines, but we cannot fly???

6 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Maybe pudgy beefalos can fly? Or... you just had too many balloons. :p

A very interesting bug. I'd like to try this flying mode once, Klei should add some stuff that realises that. Actually, we can teleport, fight nightmares, build self-guided fire-extinguishing machines, but we cannot fly???

Now I think I should have tried to build something up there to be able to teleport back haha. A sky base or just a few balloons would have been cool xD But it was a bit weird so at the moment I just wanted to go back and see if the dfly problem was fixed. I don't want to break my world by accident, I have so many things xD

Ah yes, the skyview. Your walking speed is normal, but it looks slower since you're quite a few layers above the ground. My first time up there had to be the exact moment when a frog rain started. Now that is a weird sight.

Just be careful you don't die up there. Your items will be fine (unless you died above the ocean) but the skeleton will stay up there. Such a skeleton gave me an actual jumpscare once.

I've seen vultures, frogs, and even Möose eggs up there. Frogs can get up there during a frog rain, vultures just land there randomly, and the Möose eggs are because of old bell duping shenanigans in singleplayer RoG. I've also seen a vine hopping under and above a pond after it got stuck inside it in SW.

The layers in this game are weird.

Archived