Which characters have priority for certain items?

35 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Uhhhh... what?

Like meat from Winnie, or i don't know if Meat Stew isn't better for some character than others because of the max hunger and all.

Usually, when i play with a winnie, there is always a meatball reserved for her. Others players could eat seeds and stuff like this in emergency, she can't, so she has an emergency meatball.

I would keep green mushroom for Wickerbottom since more sanity : more harvest with books.

Walking cane isn't for one character especially, but will go to our explorer, whoever is his character. Books could go to Maxwell if we have one and one Wickerbottom, this way cost of sanity is shared.

1 hour ago, Lumina said:

Like meat from Winnie, or i don't know if Meat Stew isn't better for some character than others because of the max hunger and all.

Usually, when i play with a winnie, there is always a meatball reserved for her. Others players could eat seeds and stuff like this in emergency, she can't, so she has an emergency meatball.

I would keep green mushroom for Wickerbottom since more sanity : more harvest with books.

Walking cane isn't for one character especially, but will go to our explorer, whoever is his character. Books could go to Maxwell if we have one and one Wickerbottom, this way cost of sanity is shared.

You mean Wigfrid, not Winnie?...

Yeah, that's pretty much the one thing I could think of--Wigfrid gets the meat food if you can only make one.  I've been in situations like that--early base, not much food yet, I'm playing as Wigfrid and we have the ingredients to make one meatballs and one handful of jam or ratatouille. If the other person I'm playing with is nice and reasonable, I get the meatball and they eat the veggie dish.  It just makes more sense.

...until we get a proper food supply up and running, of course. But I'm talking _early_ early days here.

EDIT:  I found a walking cane early on in my current playthrough and since I almost NEVER find those bloody things, like, ever, in Together _or_ singleplayer, I'm keeping it, dammit. The payoff?  I explore around faster than usual--something I enjoy doing to begin with--and then share the knowledge with others via a cartographer's table!  :D

It's like how the other Civs in Civilization ALWAYS ask for my world maps 'cos they _know_ I'm the only one actually, like, bothering to move around rather than sitting on my arse...only in this case, sharing the map is (supposed to be) a _good_ thing.  And the other people already know where my capital city base is anyway.  Heh.

... Notorious

I think the dice roll was made to solve these kind of priorities issues.

"Got 98, tam is mine! MINE!"

Most characters can get the same results in many ways, but the fairy-tale story of "Wigfrid and the meat" is a different matter.
EG: If you are a wickerbottom and didn't get the tam, you can still aim to solve your sanity issues with cooked cacti, or make a green mushrooms farm, wear a top hat to minimize the sanity lost at nights, or just befriend a piggie before dusk, take him to camp and stay next to him all night while he sleeps.

But Wigrfrid outta meat will just die, so if meat is scarce, she should probably always get it.

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I think the dice roll was made to solve these kind of priorities issues.

"Got 98, tam is mine! MINE!"

That's usually how we handle things on the server I normally play on. Letting chance decide usually results in a lot less fighting over things like that.

Archived