Toadstool GlowCap

Hello my starver friends,

I want to start this topic by saying how god damn unlucky i have been (and the people who i play with) in getting that forsake GlowCap. We literally killed him over 20 times now without seeing that blueprint drop.

I get that GlowCap is a nicer lamp but it's just that. I feel the way the drop is design is too hard to get it.
So currently it have 20% to drop while Mushlight a 80% right ? Making it really hard to have the glowcap, specially being a hard boss, that takes time and that you have to wait 20 days to kill him again.

I  share an idea i had and another that came from a viewer who i think its even better (sorry can't remember who exactly)

- My idea was, make it like Dragonfly Egg. Egg have 33% chance to be an EXTRA loot, not to replace an existent one. So maybe just make it so Toadstool drop on of the 3 Hats, MushLight 80% chance and 20% on the GlowCap. Meaning that sometimes you can have the 3 loots, instead of the normal Hat & Mushlight. Sometimes it can even happen that you get Hat & GlowCap only, since the Mushlight would remain at 80%. I think this simple tweak would make the glow cap a little bit easier.

Edit2: Currently you have:
100% Drop of one of the Hats
100% On either Mushlight(80%) or GlowCap(20%)
          What i think it should be:
100% Drop chance of one of the hats
100% (or 80%) Of Mushlight to drop
20% of GlowCap to drop.

- Now the other idea who came from another person, that i think it's spot is, make The Glow Cap drop chance get bigger on every kill. I dont know how hard this would be in terms of Game Code, but by increasing 10% Drop Chance  every time you kill Toadstool would make that people who are forsaken as i am, be able after kill him enough times to get the Glow Cap. This would both keep the Luck Factor and the Reward/Commitment factor for the Forsaken Player!

Edit: After all what we talking about is just a nicer lamp, with same durability, that can change color. At this point, getting a Krampus Sack that is a much bigger chance for your gameplay is easier than glow cap. There is already 2 in our server and we didn't even tried them that much. People are now focusing on that with the bird farm ;)

Please feel free to give more ideas that you find fit.

Best Regards,

Glhrmzz

ps. For those who might love the grinding of toadstool for it, i remind you that you still have to do if you want to have a huge amount of lamps. ;)

40 minutes ago, Glhrmzz said:

- Now the other idea who came from another person, that i think it's spot is, make The Glow Cap drop chance get bigger on every kill. I dont know how hard this would be in terms of Game Code, but by increasing 10% Drop Chance  every time you kill Toadstool would make that people who are forsaken as i am, be able after kill him enough times to get the Glow Cap. This would both keep the Luck Factor and the Reward/Commitment factor for the Forsaken Player!

Same as Koalefant hunt and chance that you have a warg/ewecus ? Increasing each time, and reset it if you obtain it ?

46 minutes ago, Glhrmzz said:

- My idea was, make it like Dragonfly Egg. Egg have 33% chance to be an EXTRA loot, not to replace an existent one. So maybe just make it so Toadstool drop on of the 3 Hats, MushLight 80% chance and 20% on the GlowCap. Meaning that sometimes you can have the 3 loots, instead of the normal Hat & Mushlight. Sometimes it can even happen that you get Hat & GlowCap only, since the Mushlight would remain at 80%. I think this simple tweak would make the glow cap a little bit easier.

I don't understand how that would fix anything.  That would just produce:

• 64% hat and mushlight
  • 16% hat only
  • 16% hat, mushlight, and glowcap
  • 4% hat and glowcap

1 hour ago, TemporaryMan said:

I don't understand how that would fix anything.  That would just produce:

• 64% hat and mushlight
  • 16% hat only
  • 16% hat, mushlight, and glowcap
  • 4% hat and glowcap

I Think didn't express myself right than. Currently you have:

100% Drop of one of the Hats
100% Of the Mushlight or Glowcap

What i said would be.

100% Drop chance of one of the hats
100% (or 80%) Of Mushlight to drop
20% of GlowCap to drop.

For me, would be better with 100% on Mushlight, so atleast there is always one droping and you only gamble on the GlowCap. I just left the 80% opened for people who might be frightened with "balance"

Best Regards

It is suppose to be some kind of end game content.

Hence it is make super rare, which should keep you in the game. You just have to keep killing that toad over and over again until 10 years later you finally get the drop.

Totally not diablo 2 we are talking about here

I still haven't see a SOJ drop in my game

Im just having a thinkin that klei might have not set the drop rate to 20% since Im not the only one who's having trouble getting glowcap bp. On the current world Im playing, the first glowcap dropped after killing more than 20 toads. I thought I was just unlucky but now I'm seeing multiple people having a bad luck getting glowcap. This might not be just a bad luck. perhaps klei missed a zero and set the drop rate to 2%, who knows? think about the tam. Its drop rate is 25% which is only higher by 5% than glowcap but you don't kill mctusk about 20 times to get a single tam. 20% is not a bad drop rate, actually. im just having a thinking that the actual glowcap drop rate is far more less than 20 now, that's how i think...

22 hours ago, Glhrmzz said:

Now the other idea who came from another person, that i think it's spot is, make The Glow Cap drop chance get bigger on every kill. I dont know how hard this would be in terms of Game Code, but by increasing 10% Drop Chance  every time

That was me! Really hoping you get that lamp soon.

Archived