Doors also in Don't starve

8 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Lore-sábio, não faria sentido, já que este material está sendo implementado por Charlie, mas eu não sei, Klei pode ir com ele.

Mas não agora. Como você já foi dito, agora eles estão focando DST.

ok thanks 

5 minutes ago, Marxlol said:

thanks for the attention.

You've been doing a good job at that. Congratulations.

Now, from a business standpoint, while Don't Starve is a game that is loved by many, all games eventually die out and waver in popularity. The people at Klei would probably want to have a larger focus on DST and making new games, so as to attract a new crowd of players and please their old fanbase at the same time. A game that could draw in players who have never heard of Klei and entice them to have a look at their other games.

DST can be seen as a continuation of the lore and story established by Don't Starve, and while wanting to have the content from DST ported over into Don't Starve is as good a wish as any, I would think the people at Klei would want to continue making content for DST and making new games, as they are a company that needs to thrive and survive like any other company. Don't Starve has also been receiving some bug fixes and small changes here and there, so support for it hasn't completely disappeared yet. I can't speak for anyone else here on the forums, but I, as a player of both DST and DS, appreciate what Klei is doing for both games and what they do as a company. I would gladly buy future games from them (that my computer could support).

If you want, you could download mods to further enrich your DS experience. Do what makes you happy and don't allow others to tell you what you can't and can download. It's your game and you should play it how you want.

As for me, I'll thank Klei for the games they've provided over the years, and wish them the best for years to come. Who knows? Maybe Oxygen Not Included will blow everyone away.

4 minutes ago, TheKingDedede said:

But how? Oxygen will not be included, it says so right in the title. How would they do that? Explosions? Those can't really happen without... AIR.

Fire requires air, propulsion itself does not. You know that things can explode underwater and in the rock walls of mines?

Also, doors are for the boring. I want a window!

1 hour ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Lore-wise, it wouldn't make sense, as this stuff is being implemented by Charlie, but I don't know, Klei might go with it.

Just not right now. As you've been told already, right now they're focusing on DST.

Doors don't seem like something so revolutionary that they could not be canonically added to singleplayer.  Especially since the reason they weren't added to singleplayer in the first place was because "we just don't know how to do them yet" and artwork for them still lingers in the game files.

• Developer
13 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Doors don't seem like something so revolutionary that they could not be canonically added to singleplayer.  Especially since the reason they weren't added to singleplayer in the first place was because "we just don't know how to do them yet" and artwork for them still lingers in the game files.

I know, you've said the same thing on the update's thread. That's why I said Klei might go with it.

But likely not rn, as they're focusing on DST :p

Well, I hope nobody's saying that they'll just _never_ port the Together stuff over to regular at all.  Because that would be (throws self to ground) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Seriously, though, I always assumed they'd EVENTUALLY..at some point...when done with A New Reign entirely maybe...start porting SOME of the Together stuff over to singleplayer, right?
...right?!

I already had regular Don't Starve before I got Together.  Many others did too.  It would make that game so, so, so much more worth going back to and more fun if it had some of these updates.

....and in most cases, lore-wise, I can't see why not.

I refuse to just dismiss this forever and stop talking about it, like of course it'll never happen. This isn't anything HUGE like DST Adventure Mode or adding Shipwrecked. This is...reasonable stuff that really should've been at least partly done by now.  But I have patience.

Just don't say absolutely no.

Edit:  Or to put it more succinctly, Don't Starve is NOT dead, it's just pathetically waiting by the phone--hoping desperately that the boyfriend who dumped her for the younger, more popular girl will call back just one...last...time.

...Notorious

Archived