Is this normal?

So, I was on chapter 2 of Adventure Mode, (this was The Game is Afoot) And I ran across a... palm tree biome?

Spoiler

ANOTtWk.png

Please note that I have the shipwrecked DLC, but it is not enabled. Nor do I have any mods currently on the single player version of the game.

As you can see here, I was able to cut a tree down and obtain a coconut, although it was useless.

Spoiler

828xgX0.png

The option to craft a machete wasn't there. Nor were any of the other shipwrecked items.

I also could not obtain a prompt to plant the coconut.

Spoiler

iNskSMv.png

So, I was wondering... Bug or intentional?

3 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Unlike RoG, SW isn't entirely disabled even when disabled. Soooo yeah... Bug.

Yeah, I found it pretty strange that SW seems to override certain things like... the main menu for instance.

(The frell is a boof?)  OMG, I ran into that too!  I was playing as Wigfrid, and suddenly got to a palm tree area--complete with wildbore huts--and _almost_ started thinking, "Ohmygod, is there going to be a beach? CAN I SAIL AWAY FROM HERE?" except that I knew better.  (Also, I wouldn't want my dream-idea way of getting from The Mainland to The Islands to be an Adventure-mode-only thing, anyway. : P)

It was also winter at the time, so I DID get to see snow on a palm tree, at least!  That was something.  Anybody here seen Star Trek III?  Dude, Genesis Planet!

Well, that, and in "The Game is Afoot", the weather was SO psychotic, I was overheating to death with snow on the ground.  The "seasons" were changing THAT FAST.  Another bug?  'Cos I have a feeling that's normally not supposed to happen, without at least _one_ buffer day of spring in between so the snow can melt before the summer lighting kicks in and the evil polka music starts playing...

This was a couple versions back, though...but it's "nice" to see the tropics can still exist in Adventure Mode today!

...Notorious

On 22.6.2016 at 10:13 AM, WPH said:

Yeah, I found it pretty strange that SW seems to override certain things like... the main menu for instance.

Does that mean that even when SW is disabled floral shirts are still made with normal petals?

Archived