Strange Message in a Bottle

Today I started a new world with Warly --> and found a really strange message in a bottle... Don't know what it means... While I was playing, I also found another message in a bottle - but that one worked normally (gave me a treasure location).

mapa.jpg

this happened to me as well and I can't explain where there treasure is supposed to spawn.

13 hours ago, voyager156 said:

Today I started a new world with Warly --> and found a really strange message in a bottle... Don't know what it means... While I was playing, I also found another message in a bottle - but that one worked normally (gave me a treasure location).

mapa.jpg

2 hours ago, TeoSS69 said:

Probably didn't spawn at all due to world generation errors. Like when you don't have a Pig King or a Glommer Statue in a world.

The pig king seems to spawn as frequently as the reed trap in swamps for me.

I've had to spawn him in on more than a few worlds past day 100 because he isn't on the map at all.

I think there is a hidden message here.... a reference, or something....

When I was translating some strings to Spanish, I found this

This doesn't look like a map of this place.

Context: STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.ANNOUNCE_OTHER_WORLD_TREASURE

22 hours ago, stl1234 said:

I believe this means that the treasure linked to this bottle isn't in the world you are on. Did you read it in the volcano or bring it with you through teleportato?

Exactly as stl1234 said, this message occurs when you take messages with you from another world, or spawn them via "DebugSpawn", or get them any other simillar way, the pointer assigned to the entity of the bottle is invalid in current world. Probably happened due to an error in world generation.

And STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.ANNOUNCE_OTHER_WORLD_TREASURE, proves that, aka "error: incorrect world"

14 hours ago, IvanX said:

Exactly as stl1234 said, this message occurs when you take messages with you from another world, or spawn them via "DebugSpawn", or get them any other simillar way, the pointer assigned to the entity of the bottle is invalid in current world. Probably happened due to an error in world generation.

And STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.ANNOUNCE_OTHER_WORLD_TREASURE, proves that, aka "error: incorrect world"

You`re wrong... I got this message way before world integration was a thing, before the volcano, and I didn't spawn the bottle. 

I believe that it is just another prove the devs are such trolls, for instance, snake oil.

Or as I mentioned before, this might be a reference to the existence of other worlds in the universe, a "we are not alone" kind of thing.

1 hour ago, IvanX said:

Heh, guess the enthusiast in me is long dead :)

When I see a 404, which looks like 404, smells like 404 and is coded like 404, I just can't see get myself to see it as anything other than 404.

But if this was an error, it would have been coded with ERROR_WORLD_GEN or MISSING_WORLD_LOCATION or something similar... not with OTHER_WORLD_TREASURE. Besides, I got this one before the volcano and before world integration. 

Archived