So what's next for Don't Starve DLC?

I'm excited to see Don't Starve Shipwrecked it launching very soon. What will be next for Don't Starve? I remember the initial plan was to create a Hub world and have many other branching worlds. Surely there will be more than the islands and caves? Please let there be

2 hours ago, LtShinySides said:

I'm excited to see Don't Starve Shipwrecked it launching very soon. What will be next for Don't Starve? I remember the initial plan was to create a Hub world and have many other branching worlds. Surely there will be more than the islands and caves? Please let there be

I guess the next big thing will be "Through the Ages" for Don't Starve Together and the full launch of that. After that who knows. I said it a few times now but i want an Expansion more centerd around the Shadowcreatures that also focuses a bit more on the Magic and Occult aspects of Don't Starve.

2 hours ago, Mr.P said:

I guess the next big thing will be "Through the Ages" for Don't Starve Together and the full launch of that. After that who knows. I said it a few times now but i want an Expansion more centerd around the Shadowcreatures that also focuses a bit more on the Magic and Occult aspects of Don't Starve.

If it focuses on the magic aspects then I'm screwed because I have literally never used a stave or amulet in Don't Starve, except this one chilled amulet I had ages ago. 

1 hour ago, DeputyDeath said:

If it focuses on the magic aspects then I'm screwed because I have literally never used a stave or amulet in Don't Starve, except this one chilled amulet I had ages ago. 

Well I tend to at least make the Prestihatitator for stuff like the Pan Flute and the Chilled Amulet but i rarely make the Shadowmanipulator but that's more because i actually have trouble going insane to slay Shadow Beasts for Nightmarefueld to be fair with the Brain of Thought that thing is outdated anyway because the Brain is much easier to make and you can make all the high Tier Magic Items without needing 1 Purple Gem and all the Nightmarefuel and Living Logs (specialy usefull in SW cause Palmtreeguards spawn so rarely for me).

12 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

Well I tend to at least make the Prestihatitator for stuff like the Pan Flute and the Chilled Amulet but i rarely make the Shadowmanipulator but that's more because i actually have trouble going insane to slay Shadow Beasts for Nightmarefueld to be fair with the Brain of Thought that thing is outdated anyway because the Brain is much easier to make and you can make all the high Tier Magic Items without needing 1 Purple Gem and all the Nightmarefuel and Living Logs (specialy usefull in SW cause Palmtreeguards spawn so rarely for me).

The only magic item I used on a regular basis was the dark sword. I'll probably use it again in Shipwrecked to get rid of living logs.

I'm really hoping that through the ages will be more lore and multiplayer centered. In terms of lore, I was thinking like a sort of "different" type of playable maxwell with different yet balanced powers, and some more gameplay or story relating to charlie and the character's pasts. In terms of multiplayer aspects, I was thinking a new adventure mode that would be based around multiple-person puzzles, something like triforce heroes or like a multiplayer binding of isaac. There could be traps, buttons, switches, monsters, death, puzzle-related items, et cetera, but I think that'd be really cool.

1 hour ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Hey! Check this out:

That mod is very well crafted, but it's not exactly what I mean. I'm talking about sky islands and mountain peaks that are connected with old bridges. Several ruins of a steampunk city still floating in the air that you can only access to with hot air balloons. Lunar moths that provide light, literal dragonflies you can farm or tame and ruins of a secondary ancient civilization made with fragments of something called aethercite.

Archived