Tips on domesticating a beefalo?

I have a pet beefalo which I have had for about 11 days now. I keep feeding it until it farts then waiting a few minutes, then repeat again and again and again.

I have been doing this for a long time now, when will it become domesticated? Does it take that long or is it something I am doing wrong?

1 hour ago, Dylan738 said:

I have a pet beefalo which I have had for about 11 days now. I keep feeding it until it farts then waiting a few minutes, then repeat again and again and again.

I have been doing this for a long time now, when will it become domesticated? Does it take that long or is it something I am doing wrong?

I have a docile Beefalo (rider version).

I started to domesticate it in summer on day 76-77 (world settings: long summer and winter, normal spring and autumn)

I fed it with some twigs, shrooms per day, from time to time a corn, pumpkin, berry and brushed it every day.

I also rode it several times per day and in Autumn on day 97-99 it changed its pelt and was domesticated.

So I assume it takes more or less 20 days.

When you feed it until it vormits rot, its stomach is full, the stomach don't has to be full, only more than zero, so if you don't want a pudgy Beefalo, you don't have to feed it that much.

25 minutes ago, Soto8969 said:

You dont have to keep feeding him, over time it will slowly domesticate himself only if his hunger is not below 0

25 minutes ago, HeilerderWelten said:

When you feed it until it vormits rot, its stomach is full, the stomach don't has to be full, only more than zero

But is it possible to tell what a beefalo's hunger value is in-game?

1 hour ago, Soto8969 said:

You should feed him 50 red mushrooms, more if needed. raw. You dont have to keep feeding him, over time it will slowly domesticate himself only if his hunger is not below 0, but when he gets domesticated his wool will change the texture. You can always rely on the wiki for almost any answer! Don't starve Wiki: Beefalo

I read all of it... TWICE. Heh heh...

1 hour ago, HeilerderWelten said:

I have a docile Beefalo (rider version).

I started to domesticate it in summer on day 76-77 (world settings: long summer and winter, normal spring and autumn)

I fed it with some twigs, shrooms per day, from time to time a corn, pumpkin, berry and brushed it every day.

I also rode it several times per day and in Autumn on day 97-99 it changed its pelt and was domesticated.

So I assume it takes more or less 20 days.

When you feed it until it vormits rot, its stomach is full, the stomach don't has to be full, only more than zero, so if you don't want a pudgy Beefalo, you don't have to feed it that much.

Thank you.

11 hours ago, Soto8969 said:

You are welcome, and remember: Feed your beefalo 13 red mushrooms, it is the best food you can give a beefalo!(no, it isn't)

The damage of food items like red caps (20 damage) on creatures should be disabled since one of the last 3 updates, or does it not?

I am quiet shure that Gobblers won't die anymore, when eating several red caps, so I assume Beefalos won't either...

I fed my Beefalo with tons of red caps....I hope it isn't close to death, please Klei answer my prayers! T__T

5 minutes ago, HeilerderWelten said:

The damage of food items like red caps (20 damage) on creatures should be disabled since one of the last 3 updates, or does it not?

I am quiet shure that Gobblers won't die anymore, when eating several red caps, so I assume Beefalos won't either...

I fed my Beefalo with tons of red caps....I hope it isn't close to death, please Klei answer my prayers! T__T

It does like 80 damage to Beefalo but they regen.

5 minutes ago, CheeseburgerCockatoo said:

It does like 80 damage to Beefalo but they regen.

Why does it do so much damage to Beefalos, if would otherwise only do 20?

I don't like that change, if it is true.

Feeding red caps to Beefs would actually be a decent use for them, besides of just another filler.

Archived