Bosses too easy?

Hi there!

I recently fought off the sealnado and quacken (i spawned quaken after 1 try with trawl net).

I must say, for the noob that i am, the two bosses were really easy. AND i am Wendy. With a bug and two abigails. BROKEN!

For the sealnado, it was night. I just made a buoy (luckily) and then it came. I aggro'd to me. I circled the buoy. The twingail started attacking it. It was as easy to kill as a spider. I didn't do anything. Except one hit, and i took one hit, almost wrecked my boat. The seal is so cute! I used twingail to kill it.

For quacken, twingail was too slow and started messing with the tentacle (fortunately none died, i can't risk them dying only to have one flower drop), i hit quaken, and hit it again, and again, and again. Dead. I took no damage and my boat took very little as well for the 100 wetness i reached. The drops were great, booty bag replaced my krampus sack (octopus is too far away), and i got a theulicite armour, crown, walking cane, and a bunch of other stuff.

Now, for the main part, is it just me or are the bosses super easy? I remember dying to deerclops a thousand times, even now it's a struggle (with insanity and all). I haven't fought the tiger shark but i can guess it's that easy as well. The bosses are easier than sea hounds. there, the best sentence to tell my opinion. We need them to be harder, much harder, they pose NO challenge, atleast make it like the sealnado randomly takes an unequipped item from you every two punches and when you kill it, you get it back. The quacken should at least make duck sounds and have an attack like biting and swallowing and throwing you out covered with the slime that slows you down.

Seriously, devs plz don't release the game now, charge us some more but fix the balancing and bland parts of the game.

2 hours ago, Prakhar said:

Hi there!

I recently fought off the sealnado and quacken (i spawned quaken after 1 try with trawl net).

I must say, for the noob that i am, the two bosses were really easy. AND i am Wendy. With a bug and two abigails. BROKEN!

For the sealnado, it was night. I just made a buoy (luckily) and then it came. I aggro'd to me. I circled the buoy. The twingail started attacking it. It was as easy to kill as a spider. I didn't do anything. Except one hit, and i took one hit, almost wrecked my boat. The seal is so cute! I used twingail to kill it.

For quacken, twingail was too slow and started messing with the tentacle (fortunately none died, i can't risk them dying only to have one flower drop), i hit quaken, and hit it again, and again, and again. Dead. I took no damage and my boat took very little as well for the 100 wetness i reached.

You are entirely right.

Quacken:

Quacken.png.2aaef1393499d3f153efdeb2e92a

Has only 1000 health points, has no melee attack to defend the head,

you can just wreck that poor thing, even without armor and only with 1 or 2 axes.

Suggestions:

He needs atleast 3000 health points to take that thing seriously, it also should have a melee bite attack, so that you get only 5-6 hits in on the head and that you have to kite his bite attack, than you can hit 5-6 times again.

He should also use its oil/ink attack more frequently and it should dive more often (every 500-700 health points that he looses), the dive mechanic is fun, you have to find the head in all of the tentacles after the dive, so it should be used more often.

Spawning:

He shouldn't only spawn if you use a trawl net, but also if you fish in water graves and if you ride waves in deep ocean, so that you can get suprised by the Quacken.

Drops:

The Quacken drops only loot that you can get, by other means aswell (slot machine, treasure chests, obsidian workbench), but it has no personalized drops (body parts), like every other Giant in all Don't Starve versions.

It could drop (I know I write that a lot, but I know everyone wants to have those things ^__^):

1. The Quacken can drop his/her Quacken Beak - can be used to craft:

Battering Ram (Quackering Ram)

- can be put in the cannon/lamp slot of your boat

- you will do a high amount of damage if you ram into enemys with your boat

- that could mix up sea combat quiet a bit, just ram with full speed and full durability in a big pack of Sharx (Sea Hounds) and obliterate them!

- will give your boat + 100 additional durabilty when equipped

- the Quackering Ram could be balanced, by losing durability while you ram in things (jellyfishes, blue whales, tiger sharks) also your ship could loose some points of durability in every clash

- the durability loss could depend on how much max. health enemys have? (if you ram Jellyfishes you will loose way less durability, as when you ram into the Tiger Shark or White Whale)

2. The Quacken can also drop an Oil Gland - can be used to craft:

Oil Thrower

- is a weapon that shoots in an arc and has an splash/AOE effect on impact (like the Quacken oil attack)

- it does no damage, but slows all creatures in the AOE area down (50-70% speed loss for 10-20 seconds)

- that can give the player an edge in sea combat against big waves of Sharx (Sea Hounds), just slow them down!

- the oil will linger in the area (oil puddle) for 10 seconds and enemys will be drenched in oil

- the oil can be ignited with a torch (fire dart, fire staff, etc.) and deals a lot of fire damage in an explosion

- the weapon has 10 uses, but can be refueled with Bottles of Oil

- you can fill empty bottles with the lingering oil (oil puddles) in the water (from the Quacken oil attack)

- so you can "harvest" oil in the boss fight, you can also find oil puddles rarely if you kill Floaty Boaty Knights

- Snake Oil may or may not be used to refuel the Oil Thrower

- normally Squids spit ink, but the Quacken is more or less a Duck-Squid hybryd and Ducks are quiet oily ^^

- also oil is a more interesting mechanic than ink in my opinion, it could make Fire Darts and Fire Staffs way more useful, because you can ignite the oil on enemys or on the floor/water from a distance with them

Tiger Shark

Tiger_Shark.png.5db0f4d41e596b3886a754a7

Is very fun to fight on the water, but a completely joke when fought on land.

I killed 5-6 Tiger Sharks on land and got hit in all fights only 2 times by its bite attacks (in 5-6 fights!) and I only got hit because of fighting nightmare creatures at the same time.

Suggestions:

Please let her mix up her land combat a bit Klei and Capy.

She only uses her bite attack at the moment (that is easier to kite than Pigman or Clockwork Knight attacks), let her run away multiple times while figthing her on land and let her jump into the water and than using the dive bomb attack from the sea multiple times.

Make her bite attack more tricky to dodge or give her a belly slide attack on land (like the pengulls, or like the rooks charge at you)

And let her flee into the sea when she has only 300-400 health left, so that you have to hunt and kill her on sea.

Spawning:

Is great how it is, good work Klei and Capy.

Drops:

Drops are great too, but 2 little changes with the craftable items.

1. Dumbrella:

Should be crafted from 2-3 Shark Gills, not only 1. That is basically the best Giant craftable item in all of Don't starve (has 3 days more durability than Eyebrella) but you can just craft it by killing some Shark Kittens, please raise the amount of Shark Gills for the recipe.

2. Super Spyglass:

Please raise the amount of uses for that thing from 5-10, it is a Giant craftable item after all.

The rest is great.

Sealnado

Sealnado.png.95b5b11c944b47e309ae0a2b78d

Has a good amount of health (3000), and the suck attack is interesting, but can't handle multiple enemys.

Suggestions:

I killed my first Sealnado wiith a bunch of spiders, the melee attack of the Sealnado can only hit 1 enemy, so it can't even kill 15+spiders (or some apes, boares, water beefalos, etc.), please Klei and Capy, give the melee attack an AOE effect (like the Deerclops, Beargers melee attacks), so that it can hit multiple enemys at once, I mean it is a Tornado, it would make sense that it can hit more than one creature.

The second thing, if it is near gras, twigs, bamboo, vines and trees, it should uproot those plants, like the Bearger ground pounce attack.

It shouldn't destroy boulders (the wind is not strong enough for that) and you could use the boulders that way, to prevent getting sucked in by its AOE move. (it is exactly like this now, for people that don't know that yet)

Spawning:

In my Wilbur the Vegetarian world, the Sealnado didn't spawned in my first 2 Hurricane seasons....so it would be nice if you can force the Sealnado to spawn, by an action. (like building to many structures, killing to many innocent creatures, riding to many waves, etc.)

The Sealnado has 3 diffrent craftable items, it is very annoying that I have to wait 3 ingame years, because it just decides to not spawn in my first 2 hurricane seasons.

Drops:

Its drops are great, good work Klei and Capy, but there are some issues with the 2 Magic Seal craftables.

1. Sail Stick - will redirect strong winds (it doesn't create them) so they blow in the same direction the player is traveling

(a good item in hurricane season, but a useless item in all other seasons, it can't be used without the Howling Conch in 3 of the 4 seasons in SW) 

Possible changes: it should create strong winds that blow in your direction when it is equiped, it would be way more useful this way

and

2. Howling Conch - will start strong winds lasting for about half a day

(a bad item, you have to kill 2 Sealnados to use that thing together with the Sail Stick, you need atleast 2 years to get both items, maybe even longer, because Sealnado may not visit you at all in hurricane season, I haven't saw even 1 Sealnado in 2 hurricane seasons in my Wilbur world)

Possible changes: I would change its use completly, the Howling Conch should create a giant Tornado (with the size of the Sealnado) that damages all creatures and breaks all objekts in its close range, the tornado lasts half a day and will move a little on your screen (normal zoom rate) back and forth, it could be used to obliterate a pack of Sea Hounds, Water Beefalos, Hounds, Apes, etc. or to chop a ton of trees down, has 5-10 uses)

See it as a Weather Pain on Giant Level or the SW version of ROGs Bigfoot!

tornado.jpg.bcb3afcefb84c4b526860e4ac396

tl;dr

Great bosses, but all have issues that could be solved quiet easily.

I don't see giants in Don't Starve as bosses because they spawn completely randomly (except the ancient guardian), so I'm not too bothered about them being easy to kill.

But the only boss I think needs improvement is the quacken, and that's only really necessary if they upgrade its drops because right now it acts like an upgraded treasure chest. 

Maybe the tiger shark could summon the sharkittens on land like a Varg at 2000, 1000 and 100 health as a small buff? I think the tigershark is meant to be derpy and awkward on land. Every boss has a weakness (e.g. bearger and honey, dragonfly and gunpowder, ancient guardian and campfires) of sorts, and it makes sense that the tigershark's is land.

Because, y'know. It's a freakin' shark.

2 hours ago, Prakhar said:

Hi there!

For quacken, twingail was too slow and started messing with the tentacle (fortunately none died, i can't risk them dying only to have one flower drop), i hit quaken, and hit it again, and again, and again. Dead. I took no damage and my boat took very little as well for the 100 wetness i reached. The drops were great, booty bag replaced my krampus sack (octopus is too far away), and i got a theulicite armour, crown, walking cane, and a bunch of other stuff.

Now, for the main part, is it just me or are the bosses super easy? I remember dying to deerclops a thousand times, even now it's a struggle (with insanity and all). I haven't fought the tiger shark but i can guess it's that easy as well. The bosses are easier than sea hounds. there, the best sentence to tell my opinion. We need them to be harder, much harder, they pose NO challenge, atleast make it like the sealnado randomly takes an unequipped item from you every two punches and when you kill it, you get it back. The quacken should at least make duck sounds and have an attack like biting and swallowing and throwing you out covered with the slime that slows you down.

Seriously, devs plz don't release the game now, charge us some more but fix the balancing and bland parts of the game.

O_O You find Sealnado easy but Deerclops hard? Wut.

Sealnado's untankable because of the suck attack, so you have to kite(unless you're at sea I think, but its less fun on sea). Deerclops...really isn't untankable. Also am I the only one who somehow never goes insane when fighting Deerclops? 

16 minutes ago, HeilerderWelten said:

You are entirely right.

Quacken:

Quacken.png.2aaef1393499d3f153efdeb2e92a

Has only 1000 health points, has no melee attack to defend the head,

you can just wreck that poor thing, even without armor and only with 1 or 2 axes.

Suggestions:

He needs atleast 3000 health points to take that thing serious, it also should have a melee bite attack, so that you get only 5-6 hits on the head and that you have to kite his bite attack, that you can hit 5-6 times again.

He should also use its oil/ink attack more frequently and it should dive more often (every 500-700 health points that he looses), the dive mechanic is fun, you have to find the head in all of the tentacles after the dive, so it should be used more often.

Spawning:

He shouldn't only spawn if you use a trawl net, but also if you fish in water graves and if you ride waves in deep ocean, so that you can get suprised by the Quacken.

Drops:

The Quacken drops only loot that you can get, by other means aswell (slot machine, treasure chests, obsidian workbench), but it has no personalized drops (body parts), like every other Giant in all Don't Starve versions.

It could drop (I know I write that a lot, but I know everyone want to have those things ^__^):

1. The Quacken can drop his/her Quacken Beak - can be used to craft:

Battering Ram (Quackering Ram)

- can be put in the cannon/lamp slot of your boat

- you will do a high amount of damage if you ram into enemys with your boat

- that could mix up sea combat quiet a bit, just ram with full speed and full durability in a big pack of Sharx (Sea Hounds) and obliterate them!

- will give your boat + 100 additional durabilty when equipped

- the Quackering Ram could be balanced, by losing durability while you ram in things (jellyfishes, blue whales, tiger sharks) also your ship could loose some points of durability in every clash

- the durability loss could depend on how much max. health enemys have? (if you ram Jellyfishes you will loose way less durability, as when you ram into the Tiger Shark or White Whale)

2. The Quacken can also drop an Oil Gland - can be used to craft:

Oil Thrower

- is a weapon that shoots in an arc and has an splash/AOE effect on impact (like the Quacken oil attack)

- it does no damage, but slows all creatures in the AOE area down (50-70% speed loss for 10-20 seconds)

- that can give the player an edge in sea combat against big waves of Sharx (Sea Hounds), just slow them down!

- the oil will linger in the area (oil puddle) for 10 seconds and enemys will be drenched in oil

- the oil can be ignited with a torch (fire dart, fire staff, etc.) and deals a lot of fire damage in an explosion

- the weapon has 10 uses, but can be refueled with Bottles of Oil

- you can fill empty bottles with the lingering oil (oil puddles) in the water (from the Quacken oil attack)

- so you can "harvest" oil in the boss fight, you can also find oil puddles rarely if you kill Floaty Boaty Knights

- Snake Oil may or may not be used to refuel the Oil Thrower

- normally Squids spit ink, but the Quacken is more or less a Duck-Squid hybryd and Ducks are quiet oily ^^

- also oil is a more interesting mechanic than ink in my opinion, it could make Fire Darts and Fire Staffs way more useful, because you can ignite the oil on enemys or on the floor/water from a distance with them

Tiger Shark

Tiger_Shark.png.5db0f4d41e596b3886a754a7

Is very fun to fight on the water, but a completely joke when fought on land.

I killed 5-6 Tiger Sharks on land and got hit in all fights only 2 times by its bite attacks (in 5-6 fights!) and I only got hit because of fighting nightmare creatures at the same time.

Suggestions:

Please let her mix up her land combat a bit Klei and Capy.

She only uses her bite attack at the moment (that is easier to kite than Pigman or Clockwork Knight attacks), let her run away multiple times while figthing her on land and let her jump into the water and than using the dive bomb attack from the sea multiple times.

Make her bite attack more tricky to dodge or give her a belly slide attack on land (like the pengulls, or like the rooks charge at you)

And let her flee into the sea when she has only 300-400 health left, so that you have to hunt and kill her on sea.

Spawning:

Is great how it is, good work Klei and Capy.

Drops:

Drops are great too, but 2 little changes with the craftable items.

1. Dumbrella:

Should be crafted from 2-3 Shark Gills, not only 1. That is basically the best Giant craftable item in all of Don't starve (has 3 days more durability than Eyebrella) but you can just craft it by killing some Shark Kittens, please raise the amount of Shark Gills for the recipe.

2. Super Spyglass:

Please raise the amount of uses for that thing from 5-10, it is a Giant craftable item after all.

The rest is great.

Sealnado

Sealnado.png.95b5b11c944b47e309ae0a2b78d

Has a good amount of health (3000), and the suck attack is interesting, but can't handle multiple enemys.

Suggestions:

I killed my first Sealnado wiith a bunch of spiders, the melee attack of the Sealnado can only hit 1 enemy, so it can't even kill 15+spiders (or some apes, bores, water beefalos, etc.), please Klei and Capy, give the melee attack an AOE effect (like the Deerclops, Beargers melee attacks), so that it can hit multiple enemys at once, I mean it is a Tornado, it would make sense that it can hit more than one creature.

The second thing, if it is near gras, twigs, bamboo, vines and trees, it should uproot those plants, like the Bearger ground pounce attack.

It shouldn't destroy boulders (the wind is not strong enough for that) and you could use the boulders that way, to prevent getting sucked in by its AOE move. (it is exactly like this now, for people that don't know that yet)

Spawning:

In my Wilbur the Vegetarian world, the Sealnado didn't spawned in my first 2 Hurricane seasons....so it would be nice if you can force the Sealnado to spawn, by an action. (like building to many structures, killing to many innocent creatures, riding to many waves, etc.)

The Sealnado has 3 diffrent craftable items, it is very annoying that I have to wait 3 ingame years, because it just decides to not spawn in my first 2 hurricane seasons.

Drops:

Its drops are great, good work Klei and Capy, but there are some issues with the 2 Magic Seal craftables.

1. Sail Stick - will redirect strong winds (it doesn't create them) so they blow in the same direction the player is traveling

(a good item in hurricane season, but a useless item in all other seasons, it can't be used without the Howling Conch in 3 of the 4 seasons in SW) 

Possible changes: it should create strong winds that blow in your direction when it is equiped, it would be way more useful this way

and

2. Howling Conch - will start strong winds lasting for about half a day

(a bad item, you have to kill 2 Sealnados to use that thing together with the Sail Stick, you need atleast 2 years to get both items, maybe even longer, because Sealnado may not visit you at all in hurricane season, I haven't saw even 1 Sealnado in 2 hurricane seasons in my Wilbur world)

Possible changes: I would change its use completly, the Howling Conch should create a giant Tornado (with the size of the Sealnado) that damages all creatures and breaks all objekts in its close range, the tornado lasts half a day and will move a little on your screen (normal zoom rate) back and forth, it could be used to obliterate a pack of Sea Hounds, Water Beefalos, Hounds, Apes, etc. or to chop a ton of trees down, has 5-10 uses)

See it as a Weather Pain on Giant Level or the SW version of ROGs Bigfoot!

tl;dr

Great bosses, but all have issues that could be solved quiet easily.

Glad to see someone suggesting the bite again.

Once again, I really want the tentacles, once you hit the head, to try and attack you(but not gangbang you, we don't want Sea Hound-entacles).

My ideal new attack pattern would be shooting the ink more often when you're close-ish to the head,  and when you find it the tentacles try to hit you while Quacken bites, and after enough damage is dealt, it dives and moves to somewhere else. 

About the drops, I say we should go the Shipwrecked way(1 drop is good for 2 things like it was in RoG, but there's also an extra drop that can be used for just 1 craftable). Make the Quacken also drop a unique tentacle spike like thing upon death(maybe even a few), that can be used as a weapon(pretty good weapon), or used in crafting recipes. I think it would work well with the Quackering Ram(it'll basically be the part that attaches the beak to the boat), and with a new craftable.

Tiger Shark on sea is cool, and switching between land and sea is also fun, but on land...it's nothing. Its like a kiting training, really. I get hit by pigs more than by Tiger Shark.

Also, you forgot about the sea sack. Remember, gills are the drop that can be used for 2 things(sea sack and dumbrella), and Eyes of the Tiger Shark are the drop that can be used for just one.

The Suck attack makes Sealnado into what it is. What if Deerclops was untankable, stole your items instead of destroying your structures, and wasn't that predictable? He was Sealnado. 

I like how he doesn't spawn every Hurricane Season, but a good way to summon him could be the Dripple Pipes or Howling Conch. 

3 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

I don't see giants in Don't Starve as bosses because they spawn completely randomly (except the ancient guardian), so I'm not too bothered about them being easy to kill.

But the only boss I think needs improvement is the quacken, and that's only really necessary if they upgrade its drops because right now it acts like an upgraded treasure chest. 

Maybe the tiger shark could summon the sharkittens on land like a Varg at 2000, 1000 and 100 health as a small buff? I think the tigershark is meant to be derpy and awkward on land. Every boss has a weakness (e.g. bearger and honey, dragonfly and gunpowder, ancient guardian and campfires) of sorts, and it makes sense that the tigershark's is land.

I can't see the sharkittens as a threat. Even when attacked they dont attack you back, they're probably quite dumb too. Besides, what kind of a horrible mother would Tiger Shark be if it sent its babies(who ARE babies, not old enough to even fight) at someone who attacked it and nearly killed it? 

2 minutes ago, HeilerderWelten said:

And a Tiger. ^__^

I just don't like that the Tiger Shark is easier to kill on land, than a Wild Boar, that is just ridiculous.

I found the giants in RoG easier to kill than pigs. Except the dragonfly. He's an ass.

It just shows the importance of brains over brawn, and how getting into a fight with something equally as smart as you is a bad idea.

4 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

O_O You find Sealnado easy but Deerclops hard? Wut.

Sealnado's untankable because of the suck attack, so you have to kite(unless you're at sea I think, but its less fun on sea). Deerclops...really isn't untankable. Also am I the only one who somehow never goes insane when fighting Deerclops? 

Once again, I really want the tentacles, once you hit the head, to try and attack you(but not gangbang you, we don't want Sea Hound-entacles).

My ideal new attack pattern would be shooting the ink more often when you're close-ish to the head,  and when you find it the tentacles try to hit you while Quacken bites, and after enough damage is dealt, it dives and moves to somewhere else. 

About the drops, I say we should go the Shipwrecked way(1 drop is good for 2 things like it was in RoG, but there's also an extra drop that can be used for just 1 craftable). Make the Quacken also drop a unique tentacle spike like thing upon death(maybe even a few), that can be used as a weapon(pretty good weapon), or used in crafting recipes. I think it would work well with the Quackering Ram(it'll basically be the part that attaches the beak to the boat), and with a new craftable.

Tiger Shark on sea is cool, and switching between land and sea is also fun, but on land...it's nothing. Its like a kiting training, really. I get hit by pigs more than by Tiger Shark.

Also, you forgot about the sea sack. Remember, gills are the drop that can be used for 2 things(sea sack and dumbrella), and Eyes of the Tiger Shark are the drop that can be used for just one.

The Suck attack makes Sealnado into what it is. What if Deerclops was untankable, stole your items instead of destroying your structures, and wasn't that predictable? He was Sealnado. 

I like how he doesn't spawn every Hurricane Season, but a good way to summon him could be the Dripple Pipes or Howling Conch. 

I can't see the sharkittens as a threat. Even when attacked they dont attack you back, they're probably quite dumb too. Besides, what kind of a horrible mother would Tiger Shark be if it sent its babies(who ARE babies, not old enough to even fight) at someone who attacked it and nearly killed it? 

But in large numbers, like hounds, the sharkittens would be horrible to deal with. Ever tried running away from a Varg? You can't, because no matter how many hounds you distract, more will spawn until you kill that thing. The same logic could be applied to the tigershark, so you're forced to fight it whilst avoiding the kittens. Plus, if the kittens could swim, the tigershark would be an even bigger threat on water.

3 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

I found the giants in RoG easier to kill than pigs. Except the dragonfly. He's an ass.

It just shows the importance of brains over brawn, and how getting into a fight with something equally as smart as you is a bad idea.

But in large numbers, like hounds, the sharkittens would be horrible to deal with. Ever tried running away from a Varg? You can't, because no matter how many hounds you distract, more will spawn until you kill that thing. The same logic could be applied to the tigershark, so you're forced to fight it whilst avoiding the kittens. Plus, if the kittens could swim, the tigershark would be an even bigger threat on water.

My bane of existance is Bearger though. 

I meant thematically. Thematically, kittens attacking really doesn't fit. 

40 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

It has that big, awsome beak, it should use it. ^__^

I didn't forgot it, it is just as bad as the Insulated Pack from Bearger and you need only 1 Shark Gill to craft it, so you need only 2 Shark Gills to craft 2 of Tiger Sharks Boss items...and you don't even have to kill her, not even find her for that, because the Shark Kittens drop Gills too.

I hate that I have to wait more than 2 years to get the Iron Wind...normally I don't even play so long in one world, I like the Dripple Pipes idea, that could work, good thought.

The Howling Conch idea on the other hand wouldn't work, that way I would have to wait also 2 years...so that doesn't solve the problem.

46 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

Bearger and Deerclops are quiet easy to kite, that is true, but both have an Insanity Aura and enough health to stretch the figth long enough, so that you will become insane before killing them, the Tiger Shark and Pigs have no Insanity Auras.

Figthing a Giant + Crawling Horrors and Terror Beaks + that annoying insanity music is quiet diffent than just kiting some pigs or the Tiger Shark for a bit.

Besides of that, the Tiger Shark is a Giant, Giants should be challenging, even if Goose/Moose, Deerclops, Bearger arn't that big of a challenge, I don't see the point to only do the bare challenge minimum, most players that buy SW, played allready Vanilla, ROG and/or DST, so why not make it more interesting for everyone that is already able to kite a Snake?

Also the Tiger Shark is completly optional, there is no reason why that thing is so easy to kill, even if you never played Don't Starve before and are completly new to it, you don't have to fight the Tiger Shark, so the Giant shouldn't be balanced for newcomers, but more experienced players instead.

38 minutes ago, HeilerderWelten said:

It has that big, awsome beak, it should use it. ^__^

I didn't forgot it, it is just as bad as the Insulated Pack from Bearger and you need only 1 Shark Gill to craft it, so you need only 2 Shark Gills to craft 2 of Tiger Sharks Boss items...and you don't even have to kill her, not even find her for that, because the Shark Kittens drop Gills too.

I hate that I have to wait more than 2 years to get the Iron Wind...normally I don't even play so long in one world, I like the Dripple Pipes idea, that could work, good thought.

The Howling Conch idea on the other hand wouldn't work, that way I would have to wait also 2 years...so that doesn't solve the problem.

So Dripple Pipes it is.

Dripple Pipes could even control Weather a bit, at the cost of sanity. Rain when its not raining, stop the rain when it is raining, re-fertilize crops temporarily if they're withered, and in hurricane season, possibly summon Sealnado. 

16 minutes ago, HeilerderWelten said:

Bearger and Deerclops are quiet easy to kite, that is true, but both have an Insanity Aura and enough health to stretch the figth long enough, so that you will become insane before killing them, the Tiger Shark and Pigs have no Insanity Auras.

Figthing a Giant + Crawling Horrors and Terror Beaks + that annoying insanity music is quiet diffent than just kiting some pigs or the Tiger Shark for a bit.

Besides of that, the Tiger Shark is a Giant, Giants should be challenging, even if Goose/Moose, Deerclops, Bearger arn't that big of a challenge, I don't see the point to only do the bare minimum, most players that buy SW, played allready Vanilla, ROG and/or DST, so why not make it more interesting for everyone that is already able to kite a Snake?

Also the Tiger Shark is completly optional, there is no reason why that thing is so easy to kill, even if you never played Don't Starve before and are completly new to it, you don't have to fight the Tiger Shark, so the Giant shouldn't be balanced for newcomers, but more experienced players instead.

I hate Bearger because of the fact he's not just a threat, but he can't be ignored thanks to the massive aoe attacks. He will destroy everything around it. Its good design wise though, so its good that I hate him.

Also does Tiger Shark have an insanity aura? I hope so, because if a tiger that is bipedal and is half a shark doesnt make you insane in the slightest, yet being wet does, you're kind of an idiot. 

The issue is that only Sealnado has a reason to be fought(he's also the only one who you can't decide to fight, so Capy may have wanted it this way. Which I hope they didn't), thanks to the Iron Wind. Dumbrella is also recieved from Steamer Trunks and all of Quacken's drops are available in quite a few other places. 

DST makes them sort of optional, yet also makes them to still be a threat and still be worth killing. I have a reason to mark Goose Moose Nests as points of interest. But after I have my dumbrella, I have no reason to fight Tiger Shark 

1 minute ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Also does Tiger Shark have an insanity aura? I hope so, because if a tiger that is bipedal and is half a shark doesnt make you insane in the slightest, yet being wet does, you're kind of an idiot. 

The issue is that only Sealnado has a reason to be fought(he's also the only one who you can't decide to fight, so Capy may have wanted it this way. Which I hope they didn't), thanks to the Iron Wind. Dumbrella is also recieved from Steamer Trunks and all of Quacken's drops are available in quite a few other places. 

DST makes them sort of optional, yet also makes them to still be a threat and still be worth killing. I have a reason to mark Moose Goose Nests as points of interest. But after I have my dumbrella, I have no reason to fight Tiger Shark 

I am very shure that the Tiger Shark hasn't an Insanity Aura, the DS wiki also doesn't mention an Aura, as it seems the Sealnado has also no Aura, he drains 33 sanity when using his suck attack, but thats it.

Yeah the Dripple Pipes ideas are great, at the moment (without a vegetarian character) I don't see the point to make it rain. Even if you want to power farm crops, you have more than enought time and rain for that in hurricane and monsoon season.

I use almost completly Treeguards to kill the Bearger, I chop a ton of trees with him and after 2-3 Tree Guards he is weak enough to get killed by some melee attacks from me. He is better at chopping than the Werebeaver, you should get 300-600 logs from that alone, depending of how fast the Guards will spawn.

Just now, HeilerderWelten said:

I am very shure that the Tiger Shark hasn't an Insanity Aura, the DS wiki also doesn't mention an Aura, as it seems the Sealnado has also no Aura, he drains 33 sanity when using his suck attack, but thats it.

Yeah the Dripple Pipes ideas are great, at the moment (without a vegetarian character) I don't see the point to make it rain. Even if you want to power farm crops, you have more than enought time and rain for that in hurricane and monsoon season.

I use almost completly Treeguards to kill the Bearger, I chop a ton of trees with him and after 2-3 Tree Guards he is weak enough to get killed by some melee attacks from me. He is better at chopping than the Werebeaver, you should get 300-600 logs from that alone, depending of how fast the Guards will spawn.

WAIT WHAT Sealnado also doesn't have an aura? Oh pfft, silly me. Of course seeing a seal control a giant tornado, trying to murder you, and having it suck you into it are entirely different. 

58 minutes ago, Serph said:

Are you sure it's because the bosses are easy and not because you had 2 abigails at night? Just saying...

The sealnado was probably cuz of the two abigails. But i saw a video on the wiki where a person kills it by kiting puches and tanking when it uses the wave attack. Gr8.

I fought the tiger shark just now, it killed twingail (they BOTH dropped flowers, YAY!) but i could kite it easily.

Seriously, they should add an insanity aura and things will get harder instantly. I remember my first deerclops, with wigfrid, near spiders, dying campfire.......I fought off 2 crawling horrors and 1 terrorbeak...if i wasn't wigfrid i would be dead.

1 hour ago, AnonymousKoala said:

But after I have my dumbrella, I have no reason to fight Tiger Shark 

Fun? Nothing beats slapping a giant with a ham bat in mighty mode.

Plus, some extra super spyglasses and fish meat is nice.

1 hour ago, AnonymousKoala said:

WAIT WHAT Sealnado also doesn't have an aura? Oh pfft, silly me. Of course seeing a seal control a giant tornado, trying to murder you, and having it suck you into it are entirely different. 

If I recall, the sealnado drains your sanity when you're stuck in his tornado attack.

Besides, most of my time when fighting the sealnado is spent hiding behind a rock, so I doubt an insanity aura would make much of a difference. 

Also, remember that the Goose/Moose doesn't have an insanity aura either, and that think is freakin' weird. The seal is cute however, so I can understand why there's no passive insanity aura unless you get stuck in its attack.

43 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

Fun? Nothing beats slapping a giant with a ham bat in mighty mode.

Plus, some extra super spyglasses and fish meat is nice.

If I recall, the sealnado drains your sanity when you're stuck in his tornado attack.

Besides, most of my time when fighting the sealnado is spent hiding behind a rock, so I doubt an insanity aura would make much of a difference. 

Also, remember that the Moose/Goose doesn't have an insanity aura either, and that think is freakin' weird. The seal is cute however, so I can understand why there's no passive insanity aura unless you get stuck in its attack.

Meh, I don't need Fishmeat that much unless I need Surf 'N' Turf.

I meant passive sanity drain when you're around it, not just when sucked by it.

And its not that adorable when its inside the tornado. 

Moose Goose I can get though, its really not unnerving. Even for the in game characters she's a joke haha.

53 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

You've never owned a cat, have you?

Nope, but the thing is I don't think something like the Sharkittens, who jump around happily and dont even react when you attack one is something to be considered a threat. 

4 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Meh, I don't need Fishmeat that much unless I need Surf 'N' Turf.

I meant passive sanity drain when you're around it, not just when sucked by it.

And its not that adorable when its inside the tornado. 

Goose Moose I can get though, its really not unnerving. Even for the in game characters she's a joke haha.

Nope, but the thing is I don't think something like the Sharkittens, who jump around happily and dont even react when you attack one is something to be considered a threat. 

I'm sure the sharkittens would listen to their mother. A creature so well-behaved must be fairly obedient.

Also, I'm sure if you saw a Goose/Moose you'd go insane from sheer confusion. 

The only boss that isnt nearly strong enough (as everyone keeps mentioning) is the Quacken. I've only fought it once, and it actually glitched and didnt spawn the head, so i debug spawned it in. Little did i know the head spawned its own tentacles and i was fighting in a field of two times the number of tentacles, yet.. It was still stupid easy. Needs a buff in terms of difficulty and loot.

As for the sealnado, i feel he needs to be nerfed on land and buffed on the sea. On land his aoe attack is too much, i dont like the idea of one shotting if you dont have armor, and the fact that his radius is enourmous and invisable is too much for me. I would like if when he came i didnt think "well lets go gimp him at sea." I think that both land and sea should be plausible, but fairly similar difficulties. I dont think you should be able to spawn him in, and I'm unsure about having it be 100% that he shows. Deerclops works the same way, he drops his eye which is very useful, but sometimes he just doesnt show up. As for the sealnados loot, the ironwind is great, (maybe shouldnt be repaired by the sewing kit..) but the magic seal kinda sucks. I suppose its a bonus drop though, a second great item for one kill would be too much.

The tiger shark could use a buff I suppose, or a nerf on its loot. I don't think that one giant should give an item that is used 3/4 of the seasons, (ie all but the safe season....). Not sure how they could make the dumbrella not be used in one of the seasons though.. rain rain and heat, and trying to make an umbrella not work in one of those wouldnt make much sense. I also dont like the fact that it runs away. I like the attempt of a new mechanic (well not completely new, i suppose bunnymen ran), but on a boss, meh. My experiences have been: have it escape into the water and keep running into the coast because its trying to get back to the den. From there just slap it to death.

8 hours ago, BlindGunner said:

The only boss that isnt nearly strong enough (as everyone keeps mentioning) is the Quacken. I've only fought it once, and it actually glitched and didnt spawn the head, so i debug spawned it in. Little did i know the head spawned its own tentacles and i was fighting in a field of two times the number of tentacles, yet.. It was still stupid easy. Needs a buff in terms of difficulty and loot.

As for the sealnado, i feel he needs to be nerfed on land and buffed on the sea. On land his aoe attack is too much, i dont like the idea of one shotting if you dont have armor, and the fact that his radius is enourmous and invisable is too much for me. I would like if when he came i didnt think "well lets go gimp him at sea." I think that both land and sea should be plausible, but fairly similar difficulties. I dont think you should be able to spawn him in, and I'm unsure about having it be 100% that he shows. Deerclops works the same way, he drops his eye which is very useful, but sometimes he just doesnt show up. As for the sealnados loot, the ironwind is great, (maybe shouldnt be repaired by the sewing kit..) but the magic seal kinda sucks. I suppose its a bonus drop though, a second great item for one kill would be too much.

The tiger shark could use a buff I suppose, or a nerf on its loot. I don't think that one giant should give an item that is used 3/4 of the seasons, (ie all but the safe season....). Not sure how they could make the dumbrella not be used in one of the seasons though.. rain rain and heat, and trying to make an umbrella not work in one of those wouldnt make much sense. I also dont like the fact that it runs away. I like the attempt of a new mechanic (well not completely new, i suppose bunnymen ran), but on a boss, meh. My experiences have been: have it escape into the water and keep running into the coast because its trying to get back to the den. From there just slap it to death.

If the Sealnado trys to use its sucking attack, just stay behind a boulder and he won't suck you in.

On Sunday, March 20, 2016 at 8:20 AM, DeputyDeath said:

I agree with most of that except the first sentence 

Oh yeah 

I think that the howling conchs use should be changed 

35 minutes ago, aukingiii said:

I agree with most of that except the first sentence 

Oh yeah 

I think that the howling conchs use should be changed 

I think the magic seal should be changed altogether.

Maybe it could act like Willow's teddy bear in DST, only it can be dropped in the water to distract sharks instead.

Archived