new expansion idea

strange new world's   

9 members have voted

1. 1. do you like these ideas and think that they should be added?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe
    • I like it, but I don't think that it should be added
    • yes, but not all of it

This expansion would have a name like: strange new world's 

And it would add in bunchs of new content like: new seasons: Haunting season,  Abduction season,  Earthquake season, etc. New bosses: ORK-CID,  MOTHER SHIP, etc. New biomes: exotic jungle biome,  toxic swamp biome,  spooky biome,  old west biome,  giant bug biome, etc. New mobs: man-eating plant,  giant pill bug,  aliens,  toxic monster,  skeleton knight,  killer cactus, etc.  (I'll talk in more detail about the stuff later)

Tell me what you think of my ideas :)

54 minutes ago, aukingiii said:

These are some details about the ORK-CID

The ORK-CID would have the body of a ork and 3 orchids as heads (because if you look at it right the orchid looks like a mouth) 

And it could bite at you and try to smash you with it's club and it could call bunchs of orks and maybe summon man-eating plants

There's so much more to be done with shipwrecked. We need a dlc to a dlc pretty much. It's just such a sad proof that SW is lacking when the moment the announced updates are finished and people immediately want another expansion, as if SW didn't even exist.

What's the point of all this orcs and mothership? Pretty sure Don't Starve is about insanity and magic not aliens.

Some of them are really good ideas - other just don't fit to "Don't Starve" universe in my opinion. The ones I liked are: exotic jungle biome (just sounds cool), giant bug biome (could be very interesting & creative).

Man-Eating plant - omg this should be in SW. It would be great, love this idea!

When I read title "Strange New World's" I see (don't know why) with my imagination dlc with classic monster movies ideas. Like The Lost World with Dinosaurs and giant Insects (giant bug biome you mentioned), King Kong, spiced up with season with The Monolith Monsters and all of those old concepts made a new. With style & theme of old movies: mystery, foggy-biomes, surreal islands and a bit of horror...

Would this be a good dlc for "Don't Starve" - to tell the truth I don't know... But this title just gave me ideas I mentioned :-)

12 hours ago, SinisterOctopus said:

I know everyone is attached to the idea of more dlc, but I'm just going to throw this out there.

Sequel.

There's nothing a sequel could add that couldn't be added to the main game. I mean, that part is pretty obvious. What are they going to do? Up the graphics?

On 3/18/2016 at 1:13 PM, Ogrecakes said:

There's nothing a sequel could add that couldn't be added to the main game. I mean, that part is pretty obvious. What are they going to do? Up the graphics?

Sure there is. They could redo the game engine, change some of the ai mechanics, upgrade the graphics, any number of things. But that's not my point. My point is that dlc has a limit on the amount of content added that a sequel doesn't.

If Shipwrecked had been a sequel, we might have gotten more than four content updates, and had the possibility of dlc adding more. With how good shipwrecked is, I hate to see it limited like this.

Maybe they do have plans for more shipwrecked dlc. But I doubt it. Who makes dlc for a dlc?

Archived