Summoning a Tornado! [similiar to Bigfoot]

Greeting fellow Forum Members and guys and gals from Klei and Capy. (^__^)

Most of us think the Sealnado is a very interesting chap, he looks intimidating and cool at the same time.

56e95df77a343_tornadobigfoot.thumb.png.4

He drops Turbine Blades, that can be used to craft the Iron Wind, the best sail in the game. (lasts 4 days, 50% speed)

It also drops the Magic Seal and here starts the problem in my opinion, you can craft 2 items from it:

1. Sail Stick - will redirect strong winds (it doesn't create them) so they blow in the same direction the player is traveling

(a good item in hurricane season, but a useless item in all other seasons, it can't be used without the Howling Conch in 3 of the 4 seasons in SW) 

Possible changes: it should create strong winds that blow in your direction when it is equiped, it would be way more useful this way

and

2. Howling Conch - will start strong winds lasting for about half a day

(a bad item, you have to kill 2 Sealnados to use that thing together with the Sail Stick, you need atleast 2 years to get both items, maybe even longer, because Sealnado may not visit you at all in hurricane season, I haven't saw even 1 Sealnado in 2 hurricane seasons in my Wilbur world)

Possible changes: I would change its use completly, the Howling Conch should create a giant Tornado (with the size of the Sealnado) that damages all creatures and breaks all objekts in its close range, the tornado lasts half a day and will move a little on your screen (normal zoom rate) back and forth, it could be used to obliterate a pack of Sea Hounds, Water Beefalos, Hounds, Apes, etc. or to chop a ton of trees down, has 5-10 uses)

original.jpg.5ebd3b5d9a401ce95847b42eb9b

See it as a Weather Pain on Giant Level or the SW version of ROGs Bigfoot!

Thanks for your time, let me hear your thoughts please.

tl;dr

Howling Conch is pretty useless at the moment, it should summon a giant Tornado!

Making the sail stick useful outside of hurricane season and the conch something that actually is good?

Well, I'm hooked.

It would also make sense, and maybe the tornado brings strong winds with it, so it still synegises with the Sail Stick.

Maybe, if the sail stick is used while there are strong winds already, it would just not lose durability until the strong winds end? Or not lose durability when used in strong winds for a few seconds(so every amount of time after say, 30 seconds, it would lose durability even if the strong winds still happen. Resets everytime strong winds start again)?

The conch and sail stick were made to synergise with each other probably, but having them do almost nothing without each other, is a whole other thing. 

So basicly the Sailstick gets turned into the Wind Waker from TLoZ Wind Waker? Sounds good to me.

ANd the Magic Conch will be turned into the SW version of the Old Bell just a bit more relyable and less setup required.

Gotta say i like the changes even if i never have gotten my Hands on the Sealnado stuff cause since my last game as Maxwell he hasn't shown himself and tbh i'm happy with that staying that way.

Just now, Mr.P said:

So basicly the Sailstick gets turned into the Wind Waker from TLoZ Wind Waker? Sounds good to me.

ANd the Magic Conch will be turned into the SW version of the Old Bell just a bit more relyable and less setup required.

Gotta say i like the changes even if i never have gotten my Hands on the Sealnado stuff cause since my last game as Maxwell he hasn't shown himself and tbh i'm happy with that staying that way.

I only "killed" the Sealnado one time with Wilson.

I was chased by 2 Spider Queens, the Sealnado spawned and sucked me in and after that he got attacked by 15-20 spiders, he got killed fairly quickly and the Seal spawned on a pond, after the Seal vanished the Magic Seal item spawned on that pond and I couldn't get to it.

I cried a bit I think, because I could see the item more than 100 days near my base and I never reached it. ^^

Stupid, sexy Seal!

Alternatively, their behavior can be slightly altered to make them worthwhile:

Sail stick could redirect all winds (instead of just strong winds) in your direction, so the waves will also go in your direction. This makes it useful in all seasons, but more useful in hurricane season because of the presence of strong winds.

Howling Conch could summon stronger winds, with much higher chance to harvest items, but lasting shorter. This would make harvesting large amount of bamboo, logs, or other items a breeze (Even the Wilson pun is ready).

19 hours ago, stl1234 said:

Alternatively, their behavior can be slightly altered to make them worthwhile:

Sail stick could redirect all winds (instead of just strong winds) in your direction, so the waves will also go in your direction. This makes it useful in all seasons, but more useful in hurricane season because of the presence of strong winds.

Howling Conch could summon stronger winds, with much higher chance to harvest items, but lasting shorter. This would make harvesting large amount of bamboo, logs, or other items a breeze (Even the Wilson pun is ready).

That would be atleast better than the items are now, that beeing said;

making out of the Howling Conch the SW version of the Old Bell and summon a devastating Tornado, could be very very fun. ^^

17 hours ago, aukingiii said:

I don't think the sealnado is interesting or intimidating and I think that they could have made a much better boss...

Personally I think that Selnado is interesting and intimidating boss (at least for me). When the time comes to fight him, I'm nervous every time :-P

17 minutes ago, aukingiii said:

Who knows maybe it's because I've never met him

If you didn't meet him, you really have a lot less criticism you can make about him. Its something you have to see for yourself honestly, like all the giants. I thought Deerclops was horrible, but when I met him in game, meh, a joke. 

Archived