[Suggestion] Tug or tow

I feel like this has maybe been suggested before, but I have boats and rafts all over the place, including a good one near where I died and then another that I made after I was resurrected. Ideally I'd like to clean up the map and create some sort of marina near my base, so I thought it'd be nice to have a tugboat or tow latch that could fit in the sail slot to bring other boats along. I guess, for a tow thing, you could potentially put it on a cargo boat and drag another cargo boat around to carry more stuff (I imagine that would be really slow), so maybe at least just cargo boats latching onto smaller ones. Or something. 

That'd be nice. I think the only options right now is to hammer them to get rid of them, or do some kind of infuriating leapfrog to more them. Unless of course you play Walani like me and can fit an entire surfboard in your pocket...

I like the general idea, but it needs to be balanced somehow. Otherwise, The 'Sea Legs' would simply be moving with the speed of an armored boat with cloth sail all the time.

Maybe it is better for being able to easily utilize boats from the sea stays as a Walani only advantage.

I've occasionally found stray boats from worldgen just floating out there in the middle of nowhere. The only way I could think of to get them to shore for dismantling was to do a sort of leapfrog maneuver, hopping from boat to boat, which is very tedious and time-consuming. The ability to tow a boat with another boat would be very helpful.

There are also times when I want to save the boat. (-: I mean, if you find an Armoured Boat just floating out there, may as well keep it handy.

I dunno, maybe I can take a leaky jalopy out there, hop on, then hammer the jalopy...

On 3/6/2016 at 9:45 AM, GuyPerfect said:

There are also times when I want to save the boat. (-: I mean, if you find an Armoured Boat just floating out there, may as well keep it handy.

I dunno, maybe I can take a leaky jalopy out there, hop on, then hammer the jalopy...

I have played a lot of SW and I have NEVER seen an armoured boat at sea that's crazy if true

Archived