the volcano needs more stuff

The volcano needs alot more stuff in it 

Because all it has is a bunch of boulders an altar of snackrifice and a few dragoons 

And occasionally an obsidian workbench or woodlegs cage

It needs things like flameingos (the flameingo was someone else's idea) and other flaming mobs 

Give me your ideas 

Well for one we could have the Dragon Boss as in a literal Dragonboss something that bosses around the Dragoons

Mostly because they are called Dragoons and Goons is a common term for Henchman however you really haven't seen the boss of the Goons so something needs to boss them around.

Then maybe some smaller Critter that lives on the Volcano similar to the Cavespiders. Maybe Trapdoorspiders that have small burrows all over specific areas of the volcano and attack you if you get to close.

That's about it in terms of what i could immagine.

How about some sort of volcano ruins?  I know we already have caves and ruin but having some sort of under-volcano or undersea caves would be amazing.

You would have to uncover a certain thing like a plugged sinkhole and then have to use some sort of swimgear in order to stay underwater. Of course, it would take a lot to do, but I think it would be interesting.

I definitely agree that the volcano needs more content. Just look at the caves in regular Don't Starve. But I think they're done. The roadmap says this was the last update, except for one more to wrap up with balance and bug fixes.

*cough*Iwouldpayformoreshipwreckeddlc*cough*

i dont really think they will add more and we can all have thousands of good and brilliant suggestions but they simply dont care. If you compare RoG and SW you can clearly say that RoG has double more content than SW.

I would be really surprised if they add more content and bring the community ideas in. The best way would be picking the best ideas and making a poll where the community can choose what kind of content they will add. But this is just a dream.

2 hours ago, YumoS said:

i dont really think they will add more and we can all have thousands of good and brilliant suggestions but they simply dont care. If you compare RoG and SW you can clearly say that RoG has double more content than SW.

I would be really surprised if they add more content and bring the community ideas in. The best way would be picking the best ideas and making a poll where the community can choose what kind of content they will add. But this is just a dream.

ROG had: 2 new biomes, 3 new bosses, 2 new chars, 2 new seasons, 6 new crockpot dishes, 13 new creatures

SW has: 6 or 7 new biomes, 3 new bosses, 4 new chars, 4 new seasons, 15 new crockpot dishes, 31 new creatures

How has ROG double more content? It looks more like ROG has half the content of SW.

Also the guys and gals of Klei and Capy seem to read every post and integrated a ton of Forum Member suggestions like: big wave riding for walani, snakeskin rug, new crockpot dishes for warly, silly monkey ball, floaty boaty knight mechanics, snake drop rates, ROG world hopping, obsidian tool mechanics, warlys aversian to eat the same food in a row, the quacken name, buoys, coconuts falling on your head, hail can't be used as filler, tougher whale fights, boar-heads on sticks drop bamboo, putting down flooring prevents floods from spawning on that tile,  coconuts must be opend with a machete, wilburs poop throwing, the water beefalo name, limpet withering, snakeskin sail, etc.

....there is even more! ...like maybe the Quackering Ram? ^__^

Klei and Capy are fantastic developers, they actually care what most of us think and try to create the best game/dlc possible, it is more than unfair to write something like this:

"i dont really think they will add more and we can all have thousands of good and brilliant suggestions but they simply dont care."

and it is certainly not true.

4 hours ago, YumoS said:

I have to agree 

12 hours ago, HeilerderWelten said:

ROG had: 2 new biomes, 3 new bosses, 2 new chars, 2 new seasons, 6 new crockpot dishes, 13 new creatures

SW has: 6 or 7 new biomes, 3 new bosses, 4 new chars, 4 new seasons, 15 new crockpot dishes, 31 new creatures

How has ROG double more content? It looks more like ROG has half the content of SW.

Also the guys and gals of Klei and Capy seem to read every post and integrated a ton of Forum Member suggestions like: big wave riding for walani, snakeskin rug, new crockpot dishes for warly, silly monkey ball, floaty boaty knight mechanics, snake drop rates, ROG world hopping, obsidian tool mechanics, warlys aversian to eat the same food in a row, the quacken name, buoys, coconuts falling on your head, hail can't be used as filler, tougher whale fights, boar-heads on sticks drop bamboo, putting down flooring prevents floods from spawning on that tile,  coconuts must be opend with a machete, wilburs poop throwing, the water beefalo name, limpet withering, snakeskin sail, etc.

Klei and Capy are fantastic developers, they actually care what most of us think and try to create the best game/dlc possible, it is more than unfair to write something like this:

"i dont really think they will add more and we can all have thousands of good and brilliant suggestions but they simply dont care."

I love you for this comment.

I always recommend people to buy RoG alongside Vanilla but its just because I feel like Vanilla is too easy(I actually played vanilla only for a bit, and then bought RoG alongside it, and never did a vanilla run again). RoG added new content, and it was cool, but...It's not as much as SW.

SW was supposed to be its own game and you can clearly see that by the amount of effort put into it, and not just adding stuff, but REPLACING stuff, RESKINING, etc. 

Klei really did a lot of stuff from the forum's suggestions. I feel like we just need more uses for gears and some cosmetic stuff, and...that's pretty much it. Alongside bugfixes of course, and balancing.

RoG is cool, but when you do look on it on its own...you realize it didn't add that much. SW acts more like a vanilla game, of a new game(Bosses especially, with just 1 seasonal giant, and the other 2 being just bosses. Alongside palm treeguards and the bosses that already exist like Spider Queen).

16 hours ago, HeilerderWelten said:

I don't want to destroy your imagination but how on earth can you tell me someting is new just because they reskinned everything from RoG and Vanilla?

Examples: bunny=crab, pigs=boar pigs, pig king=yaarctopus, hounds=sharks, cave apes=prime apes, beefalos=water Beefalos, frog=flup, Mosquito= poison mosquito

There is no new element besides the ocean which is expected from a game called shipwrecked. And you cant tell me that shipwrecked is at the moment finished. There is literally no dept in this game like in RoG. The Volcano is just a empty biome with noting special besides 1 creature. They said that they didnt want to add more content at the moment.

Dont get me wrong, the game is awesome but if you have such awesome developers and they dont improve and stagnate in creating new awesome content they will get some critic.

20 hours ago, HeilerderWelten said:

While I agree on a couple of things i like to add a few things that SW is still lacking in terms of COntent that Vanilla/RoG has

For starters a semi Endgame that being the Caves/Ruins. While Shipwrecked does have the Volcano the amount of COntent by itself in it isn't as big as you think. Cause if we would compare that Caves/Ruins would clearly win (Multiple new enemys and Items as well as a Boss something the Volcano lacks). SW just lacks actual Endgame items that aren't just better Tools something akin to the Green Amulet or the Houndious Shootius something i can work towards and that needs something from multiple bosses (no Magic Seal doesn't count).

Then there is the thing with the Biomes yes SW does add more biomes however for that the Biomes aren't as fleshed out as the RoG ones are. RoG had the Desert the only Biome you can find Hound Mounds naturally as well as Cacti and Voltgoats and the Lush Birchnut forests what added Catcoons an earlygame source of usefull items for newer players. Compare this to something like say SW Mangrove Forest and you just see that it isn't as big in comparison (1 new Tree that doesn't do much and a reskinned Beefalo). The problem is that RoG perfectly integrated it's new biomes over the maps as well as spreading the new creatures. SW on the otherhand has a problem where the map is to big and unremarkable in some cases and it makes finding stuff just a pain speacialy new content (still haven't found the volcano after so many hours of searching).

Now onto the big one and that's CHaracters. Sure SW added 4 new ones however out of them only 1 is really unique in terms of playstyle and that's Woodlegs who's gimmick changes a lot on how you play. That's something RoG had down even if we only got 2 Chars both Webber and Wigfrid changed the way you play normally. As Webber you suddenly where in a place where SPiders are even more benefitial then before because they don't attack you and you can use them to fight off Hounds and the likes. Wigfrid on the other hand made you life as a Huntertype character because Veggies for the most part are useless for her because of her "Eats only Meat" quirk however her other perks perfectly rounded up her kit to be a dangerous Hunter that can easily stand her ground against Giants and the likes. Walani,Warly and Wilbur don't have as meaningfull quirks to them only ones that slightly change 1 or 2 things like Warly being more peckis with food and getting more out of Crockpotfoods, Walani having her Surfboard and a few minor quirks and Wilbur having the running and poop throwing (i don't even count the Prime-Ape stuff as a notable quirk because that's something everyone can do with a Banana).

The problem is that RoG basicly expanded on the already existing Vanilla worlds and it did so in meaningfull ways by adding 2 more Seasons and a bunch of new Items and Creatures that made the world feel more alive.

SW while adding a lot of has a problem that it tries to create a whole new World but most of it is just Empty Ocean with nothing to do inside of it what in turn makes the entire SW worlds feel much smaller. I mean if you take an entire SW Map and snip out all the meaningfull biomes and Setpieces i can ensure you that it only fills up about 33% of an RoG map where Content is much better spaced out.

Now this is not me saying that SW is terrible not at all but i feel like that 4 Months of Development are just not enought to Create a whole new World in the veins of RoG because as we all know SW still lacks i a lot of ways and i feel like those problems won't be addressed anymore because we're basicly done with it in terms of content. Personally SW needs at least 2 maybe even 3 more Contentupdates to reach the feeling of a finished and consistency that RoG has because a lot of times i get bored in SW because there is just not as much to do and specialy the Seatraveling hasn't been used to it's fullest potential (we still lack basic things like a Toothtrap equivalent or Boats that act as Sidegrades and not just plain Upgrades).

14 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

Now this is not me saying that SW is terrible not at all but i feel like that 4 Months of Development are just not enought to Create a whole new World in the veins of RoG because as we all know SW still lacks i a lot of ways and i feel like those problems won't be addressed anymore because we're basicly done with it in terms of content. Personally SW needs at least 2 maybe even 3 more Contentupdates to reach the feeling of a finished and consistency that RoG has because a lot of times i get bored in SW because there is just not as much to do and specialy the Seatraveling hasn't been used to it's fullest potential (we still lack basic things like a Toothtrap equivalent or Boats that act as Sidegrades and not just plain Upgrades).

This is the part I agree with most.

Archived