Say pal, you don't look so good... I'm not suprised, the same words all the time!

Hello!

What about some new, fancy stuff including sprites and sounds? I'm talking about Maxwell's greeting after creating new world. It's not about adding more, random appearing lines, but... Totally new greeting screens appearing after beating the adventure mode! What I mean? This:

For example, if you completed the adventure mode with Wilson, freeing the Maxwell and taking his pity, greeting will change. After generating new world/world hop, there will be not Maxwell, but... Wilson! Imagine him in taller, 250% (or even 300%!) more handsome form! Of course he won't say "Say pal, blah blah blah better skip this now", but totally new, his very own lines! I don't have any ideas what could he say to newly trapped person. But we know one thing - Wilson is not evil. Or he wasn't until now, because THEM had changed him, huh?

Another thing is compared to first idea. When completing Adventure Mode with another character, you won't met Maxwell in "Checkmate" epilogue, but Wilson! Deformed, with his trumpet-like voice deformed too (like it's with Maxwell's. I love it!). He will tell his story, similar like Maxwell does. After completing Adventure Mode by freeing Wilson by Wendy (just example), there will be Wendy (maybe in his normal, small state but with taller spirit of Abigail behind her?) "greeting" you!

I thinks it's pretty good idea, and it's not that hard to do, I hope. And it doesn't affect standard gameplay experience, so why not? Just imagine Woody on Maxwell's place. What could he say, as very kind Canadian who feels guilty even about killing butterfly to survive? And what about Wes? Just "..." and some cool moves! :) 

Of course it's not only about vanilla Don't Starve, DLCs should be involved too ;)

You're giving me the itch to doodle throned designs. :D 

In all seriousness this is a really cool idea. I'd really love to see actual designed throned version's of the other characters, but I understand that Klei has a lot on their plate and revisiting old concepts is something that's likely put back. Still it is surely exciting!

I just wish we had more lore to work with grumble grumble Willow grumble grumble

• Developer

I was once working in a mod that changed all of Maxwell's intros in Sandbox and Adventure Mode depending of the characters you chose to play as.

I should re-visit it and polish it up...

EDIT: Gotta add Walani, Warly, Wilbur and Woodlegs for the quote list as well now.

On February 26, 2016 at 8:41 AM, ImDaMisterL said:

I was once working in a mod that changed all of Maxwell's intros in Sandbox and Adventure Mode depending of the characters you chose to play as.

I should re-visit it and polish it up...

EDIT: Gotta add Walani, Warly, Wilbur and Woodlegs for the quote list as well now.

Okay, glad to know I'm not the only one who had that idea. (EDIT: WAIT. I totally misunderstood what you said. I need to pay more attention. Sorry. ^^; Completely different ideas. I'd still love to see a mod like yours, though. :'))

I'd love to see a mod that completely replaces Maxwell with whatever character is currently on the throne, though I never did any real work towards it, of course. I have no modding experience whatsoever (plus being a Mac user, I doubt I have access to all of the necessary tools anyway). I did start doing some rough sketches of all the characters awhile back, but I only got to Wilson, Willow, and Wolfgang. :v

Spoiler

56d520dfada79_PuppetmastersWIP.png.c4fcb

1 hour ago, Dragara said:

Okay, glad to know I'm not the only one who had that idea. (EDIT: WAIT. I totally misunderstood what you said. I need to pay more attention. Sorry. ^^; Completely different ideas. I'd still love to see a mod like yours, though. :'))

I'd love to see a mod that completely replaces Maxwell with whatever character is currently on the throne, though I never did any real work towards it, of course. I have no modding experience whatsoever (plus being a Mac user, I doubt I have access to all of the necessary tools anyway). I did start doing some rough sketches of all the characters awhile back, but I only got to Wilson, Willow, and Wolfgang. :v

Reveal hidden contents

This is ASTOUNDING! I love your stuff I follow you on tumblr but I just wanted to tell you here

On 2/29/2016 at 8:57 PM, Dragara said:

Hide contents

you and me both, i only ever did wilson and webber... (as far as completed designs go)

i think there's a lot of unexplored potential in swapping out puppet masters though! 

Spoiler

tumblr_nf7s050OT21rxcc5ho1_1280.png

tumblr_mqxv890YWV1rxcc5ho1_500.png 

Archived