Flat Earth Theory

I really like Shipwrecked's current edge-of-world system (Effectively a finite but unbounded map) but perhaps it could be fun to have an "Edge of the world" you can sail off, as shown in classic historical documentary "Erik the Viking."

If this is included (Perhaps as a world gen option) it might be an idea to include more Electric Isosoceles to make travelling from one side of the map to the other easier.

6 hours ago, Russian said:

I'd rather be looking for a complete "round-the-globe" setup.

Then again, if a player can literally fall into the "heill" after reaching the world's edge, that's cool too ;)

With the current square map we already do have an effectively round-the-world effect. (Albiet with a Torus-shaped world.

And yeah, I'd considered having another cave/volcano like world underneath but there's so many potentials.

I know this post is in the SW section and it's more about game mechanics, but still. I feel that this is kinda relevant.

Ever since I saw this video, I've started headcanoning that the DS world definitely is a flat, square world. Once you reach the edge, there's literally nothing. Just darkness. Don't know whether or not the survivors would actually be able to cross the border, but bad stuff would definitely happen if they could.

26 minutes ago, ruthlace said:

It would be cool if when you fell off the edge you could go to a hell or Davy Jones' locker or something along those lines. It could be like a pirate graveyard, or a fiery place where the shadow creatures are demons with flesh, blood and colour...

Perhaps this would be the ruins equivalent (as the volcano is the cave equivalent).

Archived