Hide your gems...

K5dV

Doydoy birds are merciless. I lost 2 red gems, 3 blue, and a yellow gem to this horribe monster after it broke free of it's pen. They will eat your gems. Protect your gems from these monsters. Who knows what else they eat...

2 minutes ago, Hoverhook said:

yeah I learned that the hard way. Dropped the doydoy at my base and it began eating my stuff, so I panicked and killed it. Then krampus spawned and got me kill

Killing these things spawns krampus? I knew they were evil.

Apparently only 2 spawn per world though, so to get more Doydoys you need to bring them to the same island. 

1 minute ago, MiniKeeper said:

Killing these things spawns krampus? I knew they were evil.

Apparently only 2 spawn per world though, so to get more Doydoys you need to bring them to the same island. 

They are not evil, they are just facing extinction, so obviosly killing them is an evil act. 

3 minutes ago, Hoverhook said:

They are not evil, they are just facing extinction, so obviosly killing them is an evil act. 

That being said, if you could get a big Doydoy population, that would probably be a very efficient Krampus farm.  

18 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

Instead of bringing them to your base, put the United pair on a small island nearby & pop in now and then to make sure they're reproducing. They don't grow fast enough that you need to have them around all the time. 

i build a little pen with stone walls, i have 11 or 12 doydoys now, the only one i killed was an egg that i tried to hatch alone, but because that didn`t worked i cooked wet goop with it, because i am stupid and can`t remember the bacon and eggs recipe for tallbird/doydoy eggs.

Doydoys will eat anything that is edible by any creature (except doydoy eggs). Gems are edible to moleworms and rock lobsters (they have the "elemental" food type), which is why doydoys can eat them.

@MiniKeeper @gpmandaXD Yeah, the naughtiness scales by how many are remaining. It's only an instant krampus summon if you kill them when there are only two or fewer left, and the reason for this is because you're making them go extinct. Here's the scaling:

DOYDOY_INNOCENCE_REALLY_BAD = 50, -- less than 2 doydoy's left, you get krampus
		DOYDOY_INNOCENCE_BAD = 10, -- less than or equal to 4 doydoy's left, that's BAD
		DOYDOY_INNOCENCE_LITTLE_BAD = 4, -- less than or equal to 10 doydoy's left, that's a LITTLE BAD
		DOYDOY_INNOCENCE_OK = 1, -- there are more than 10 doydoy's so that's OK

The total naughtiness available without wiping them out:

• 10 from going from 20->10
  • 24 from going 10->4
  • 20 from going from 4->2

For 54 total. The naughtiness threshold is randomly between 31 and 50 (inclusive). So, assuming you kill all but 2, your population needs to start somewhere between 7 and 16. Realistically speaking, you could probably make it a decent Krampus farm by culling every time the population reaches 7 (giving 32 naughtiness), and then adding in a Shark Fin Soup for 10 naughtiness, and then maybe padding it a little with crab, butterfly, and jellyfish kills.

Or... even a bit more clever, you could time it based on the reproductive cycle: there can be one doydoy mating every 2-3 days (this is controlled globally, so population size doesn't matter), so if you get to a population of 4, and wait just under 2 more days, then kill two of them, wait for the egg to get made (the egg gets counted in the population), and kill the third, that gives you 30 naughtiness (with a little decay depending on how much of a gap), which you can then buff up with crabs, butterflies, and jellyfish.

Edit: Can we get proper Lua syntax highlighting in our code blocks? It seems optimized for another language, perhaps Javascript.

On 19/1/2016 at 8:06 PM, rezecib said:

Doydoys will eat anything that is edible by any creature (except doydoy eggs). Gems are edible to moleworms and rock lobsters (they have the "elemental" food type), which is why doydoys can eat them.

@MiniKeeper @gpmandaXD Yeah, the naughtiness scales by how many are remaining. It's only an instant krampus summon if you kill them when there are only two or fewer left, and the reason for this is because you're making them go extinct. Here's the scaling:

DOYDOY_INNOCENCE_REALLY_BAD = 50, -- less than 2 doydoy's left, you get krampus
		DOYDOY_INNOCENCE_BAD = 10, -- less than or equal to 4 doydoy's left, that's BAD
		DOYDOY_INNOCENCE_LITTLE_BAD = 4, -- less than or equal to 10 doydoy's left, that's a LITTLE BAD
		DOYDOY_INNOCENCE_OK = 1, -- there are more than 10 doydoy's so that's OK

The total naughtiness available without wiping them out:

• 10 from going from 20->10
  • 24 from going 10->4
  • 20 from going from 4->2

For 54 total. The naughtiness threshold is randomly between 31 and 50 (inclusive). So, assuming you kill all but 2, your population needs to start somewhere between 7 and 16. Realistically speaking, you could probably make it a decent Krampus farm by culling every time the population reaches 7 (giving 32 naughtiness), and then adding in a Shark Fin Soup for 10 naughtiness, and then maybe padding it a little with crab, butterfly, and jellyfish kills.

Or... even a bit more clever, you could time it based on the reproductive cycle: there can be one doydoy mating every 2-3 days (this is controlled globally, so population size doesn't matter), so if you get to a population of 4, and wait just under 2 more days, then kill two of them, wait for the egg to get made (the egg gets counted in the population), and kill the third, that gives you 30 naughtiness (with a little decay depending on how much of a gap), which you can then buff up with crabs, butterflies, and jellyfish.

Edit: Can we get proper Lua syntax highlighting in our code blocks? It seems optimized for another language, perhaps Javascript.

wait, shark fin soup gives you a naughtiness penalty? klei + capy are getting too real it seems :p
reference to rich old asian farts leading several shark species to endangerment aside, can you make that recipe ANY MORE USELESS?

Archived