Is the don't starve story/ backstory finished?

Devs if you see this you would relieve a lot of stress if you responded and I will give my liver to charity  so please *puppy eyes* respond 

Hello, I've been wondering about the don't starve story and back story. Not much has been said since the secret maxwell story but there are still gaps. Like how did Charlie go from being taken into the portal to what she is now. And more importantly will there be story added in the future? Will they escape somehow? Will we find out more about these mysterious shadow powers that control everything? I'm very interested to know. If I've missed something that has been said by the dev's already I do apologise. 

• Developer

There's certainly more backstory coming our way, we're just going to have to wait maybe a little while longer for more of it to be revealed to us!

But I'm pretty sure the devs have a large chunk of it done, if not all of it! Keep your eyes out for a new puzzle! :)

I can totally agree (besides the part donating my liver!).

DS deserves more story. Not only because the setting is interesting but on how the story is being told.

"Normal" games just have ingame stories that point out obvious stuff all over again until a half brain-dead gets it. But not Don't Starve. It's the mix out of quotes and "off-game" sources for the story.

I often like to link this to the Dark Souls games. They simply don't tell a story (or a very, very weak one) inside the main storyline but outside of that by reading item descriptions and listening to half insane NPC you can build a tremendous story just from a few words on the right item. And the Community LOVES it.

Don't Starve is even more creative by showing posters and pictures that are not even in the game. This kind of storytelling is unique as far as I can tell and has to be sustained.

But as it is now I think the storyline might have already ended. Not because there wasn't any content for a very long time but because there are characters coming in with SW that are simply not fitting in the story we already know. So if Klei has really given up on it I can only say:

Shame! It's a real shame...

29 minutes ago, Lacost said:

I can totally agree (besides the part donating my liver!).

DS deserves more story. Not only because the setting is interesting but on how the story is being told.

"Normal" games just have ingame stories that point out obvious stuff all over again until a half brain-dead gets it. But not Don't Starve. It's the mix out of quotes and "off-game" sources for the story.

I often like to link this to the Dark Souls games. They simply don't tell a story (or a very, very weak one) inside the main storyline but outside of that by reading item descriptions and listening to half insane NPC you can build a tremendous story just from a few words on the right item. And the Community LOVES it.

Don't Starve is even more creative by showing posters and pictures that are not even in the game. This kind of storytelling is unique as far as I can tell and has to be sustained.

But as it is now I think the storyline might have already ended. Not because there wasn't any content for a very long time but because there are characters coming in with SW that are simply not fitting in the story we already know. So if Klei has really given up on it I can only say:

Shame! It's a real shame...

The thing is these characters aren't fitting in the story of the normal DS world we saw so far.

This is a different one, and appears to not have much to do with Maxwell. The characters may fit with this world and the parrots and everything in it.

Archived